NFL Week 3 Tidbits

nbafan88

Pretty much a regular
Giants find themselves 0-2... but that was expected by many people... *cough* cough* Terrell Thomas *cough* cough*... the defense is abysmal and the offense is just not in sync. The players just don't know what they are doing out there. No running game to help out eli... it looks really really bad but I think it could be fixed. Week 3 at Carolina is a must win. I expect very good preparation this week in practice and I expect Coughlin to figure things out.

expecting the gmen to a pk at carolina?

<center> NFL Lines For Week 3 - NFL Football Line Week Three
NFL Line 9/19 - 9/23, 2013
</center>

9/19 8:25 ETAt Philadelphia-3.5Kansas City49.5
9/22 1:00 ETAt Tennessee-3.5San Diego43.5
9/22 1:00 ETAt Minnesota-3.5Cleveland41
9/22 1:00 ETAt New England-7Tampa BayOff
9/22 1:00 ETHouston-2.5At Baltimore44.5
9/22 1:00 ETAt Dallas-3.5St. Louis46.5
9/22 1:00 ETAt New Orleans-8.5ArizonaOff
9/22 1:00 ETAt Washington PKDetroit48
9/22 1:00 ETAt Cincinnati PKGreen BayOff
9/22 1:00 ETAt Carolina-2.5NY GiantsOff
9/22 4:05 ETAt Miami-2Atlanta43.5
9/22 4:25 ETAt San Francisco-10IndianapolisOff
9/22 4:25 ETAt Seattle-17JacksonvilleOff
9/22 4:25 ETAt NY Jets-2.5Buffalo39
9/22 8:30 ETChicago-1.5At PittsburghOff

<tbody>
[TD="width: 23%"] Date & Time [/TD]
[TD="width: 26%"] Favorite [/TD]
[TD="width: 15%"] Line [/TD]
[TD="width: 26%"] Underdog [/TD]
[TD="width: 10%"] Total [/TD]

</tbody>

If I can get Seattle down to 16.5, thats going in a teaser with San Fran and Denver.

should be a lotta routs

Falcons look like money to me. I think skins beat the lions

Everyone will keep underestimating the dolphins. Very good team IMO with hopes and aspirations of competing for the division. The effort will not be a question. The Falcons... Who knows what you'll get

This thread went well last week
Just some random thoughts in my head.Doesnt mean a thing.

EJ Manuel is decent
Tampa play hard despite concerns (couldnt stay up for 2nd half yday),a TD is way way too much for a team who can win the game.
NE still getting unwarranted respect in the market
Eagles D ,especially secondary is horrendous ( thats news huh )
Miami D could be v good
I want no part of fading Denver this season regardless of the line.
Washington is a mess....some garbage TDs when theyve already been blown out twice means nothing
Vikings O line is v v good
The Cardinals D COULD be under rated
Saints fans whine too much
$cam just hasnt come along like many thought
Wouldnt bet Jax OTR against anyone getting less than 21
Kc HFA might just be back now they have a coach
On that note Andy Reid clock management still horrible
Are the SD super chargers staying east side or going home
Cincy and GB will be a great game and the one I`ll be watching

Im sure there is quite a few line moves from the look ahead lines we saw for this week.

Oh,A good punter is a valuable weapon,The KC Chiefs have a very good one.

Last edited:
Philip Rivers always plays his best games against the Titans, as they are something of his hometown team being from North Alabama. His numbers are insane.

I do think it's a different Titans team but in no way would I lay -3.5. Teasing the Chargers up to +10.5 is quite safe.

locked in this chalk teaser.

[TABLE="class: WagerTable, width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]Sep 22[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]NFL [412] SFO 49ERS -½-110 (B+10) [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Sep 22[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]NFL [414] SEA SEAHAWKS -9½-110 (B+10) [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Sep 23[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]NFL [420] DEN BRONCOS -4½-110 (B+10) [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Coach Bill Belichick answered a question about Gronkowski by saying that the team sees all of their injured players as “day-to-day” on a Monday conference call and then was asked if Amendola is more week-to-week because of the nature of his injuries.
“I’d say really all of our players are day-to-day other than obviously [running back Shane] Vereen. I know the rest of them we’ll just take it day-to-day,” Belichick said.
While it sounds like that might be optimistic about Amendola’s return, Gronkowski has been steadily ramping up his practice work and the extended time between the Jets game and Sunday’s matchup with the Buccaneers should nudge him even closer to a return. He’d likely be kept on a pitch count upon his return, but even a limited amount of Gronkowski would go a long way for the Patriots offense.

Chargers flew back, because it was reported that floyd was able to fly back with them

And yes, saints fans whine a lot

the patriots made a colossal mistake by not paying welker a few more dollars

amendola and gronk are extremely injury prone... probably the dumbest move I can recall in a while considering how close the $$ amounts were, just pure disrespect

Kenny Britt tweeted Tuesday he believes the Titans are "pullin' that Jared Cook card," and that 2013 will be his last season in Tennessee.

Oh boy. Britt is likely on to something — it seems quite likely he'll be allowed to walk in free agency — but his situation differs from Cook's in that he's actually been given a chance to make plays the past two seasons, he just hasn't. Nevertheless, it's an amusing metaphor. Benched for a stretch of Sunday's loss in Houston, Britt has just five catches through two games, and has graded out as a bottom-four receiver in Pro Football Focus' ratings. His tweet, which will likely soon be deleted, will only land him further in the doghouse.

gonna be an awesome signing for a team that can put him in line... the titans and britt just dont fit.... he's a superb talent that needs to a go to a team with a superb quarterback

There is a lot of talk about how long Chip Kelly can continue his offense at this level... these are not college kids. I think he will have to slow things down if they want to win. The defense is just going to get overworked and that is a major reason why it looks like absolute crap (not that its good anyway).

Nfl athletes are superior to college athletes so that isnt the issue..the quality of the opponent is greater, at oregon they were playing trash most of the time.

Not sure what the answer is, defense is bad for sure,

Yeah agree they are going have to slow it down, even the worst offense in the league has enough talent to score on a tired defense

amendola and gronk are extremely injury prone... probably the dumbest move I can recall in a while considering how close the $$ amounts were, just pure disrespect

Explain how gronk is Extremely injury prone?

Explain how gronk is Extremely injury prone?

Rob Gronkowski, New England Patriots:
We buried the lead here. Gronkowski is the most important injury-risk player to track this preseason. He came with back warnings on draft day. He also broke his arm multiple times last season and needed multiple surgeries. He dealt with an ankle injury before the Super Bowl a few years ago, and he needed another back surgery in June, putting his status for Week 1 in jeopardy.
2013 future: Don’t believe the doomsayers that have Gronk opening the year on the PUP list. He is too important to the Pats success to guarantee his unavailability for six to eight weeks. He won’t be 100 percent if he does play in Week 1, but if he does get good reports on his back surgery recovery in the next month, you have to consider him a 1,000-yard, 10-touchdown tight end. Those still are very rare commodities in fantasy.
Draft status: Gronk is the second tight end off the board in drafts, only because he is not 100 percent. The Pats need a go-to man and Amendola is equally injury prone. Once healthy, you won’t care which pick you burned on Gronk after Round 2 or 3. You just have to cross your fingers his reckless ways won’t get him injured again.

Hes 24 and he's had more surgeries than most players have in an entire career. He goes all out every play and I don't think he'll be 100% all season

Kenny Britt has just been on a shitty team

Steal because of the off field shit...Id take em in a sec

Rob Gronkowski, New England Patriots:
We buried the lead here. Gronkowski is the most important injury-risk player to track this preseason. He came with back warnings on draft day. He also broke his arm multiple times last season and needed multiple surgeries. He dealt with an ankle injury before the Super Bowl a few years ago, and he needed another back surgery in June, putting his status for Week 1 in jeopardy.
2013 future: Don’t believe the doomsayers that have Gronk opening the year on the PUP list. He is too important to the Pats success to guarantee his unavailability for six to eight weeks. He won’t be 100 percent if he does play in Week 1, but if he does get good reports on his back surgery recovery in the next month, you have to consider him a 1,000-yard, 10-touchdown tight end. Those still are very rare commodities in fantasy.
Draft status: Gronk is the second tight end off the board in drafts, only because he is not 100 percent. The Pats need a go-to man and Amendola is equally injury prone. Once healthy, you won’t care which pick you burned on Gronk after Round 2 or 3. You just have to cross your fingers his reckless ways won’t get him injured again.

Regurgitation from fantasy ffl site..... article is about fantasy points and thats all..

Hes 24 and he's had more surgeries than most players have in an entire career. He goes all out every play and I don't think he'll be 100% all season
not true - many guys have off season surgeries you just never hear about them..
How many game has he missed in his career up to this year? So through 2012

Well we will see with Gronk, he's going to shoulder a lot more now. I'm obviously talking more about amendola in that point. Anyone who thinks amendola can be the next welker is out of their mind. That's all I'm saying

hearing from "sources" Pats inquiring about Britt, offered 4th rounder..

That would be a steal and a great move for the Kennedys. If I were the Titans, I would demand more than a fourth given how desperate NE is.

Titans are screwed either way they play this but I'd prefer they trade him to an NFC team if possible.

I'd imagine there would be more than one team interested in Britt. Honestly don't know why the jets wouldn't go after him. That would be a pretty awful place for Britt though

locked in this chalk teaser.

[TABLE="class: WagerTable, width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]Sep 22[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]NFL [412] SFO 49ERS -½-110 (B+10)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Sep 22[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]NFL [414] SEA SEAHAWKS -9½-110 (B+10)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Sep 23[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]NFL [420] DEN BRONCOS -4½-110 (B+10)[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

I was thinking which one of these 3 lets the 10pt tease down,chase games after 1pm loses,1 will but nobody can pick which one.
I honestly hope they cash for you dwow cause I`ll have no interest there.

Well we will see with Gronk, he's going to shoulder a lot more now. I'm obviously talking more about amendola in that point. Anyone who thinks amendola can be the next welker is out of their mind. That's all I'm saying

it's not obvious - this is what you wrote - amendola and gronk are extremely injury prone.

Gronk has always "shouldered the load" - the takeaway (tidbits) from the the Pats games is that they can rely on Edelman and their RB's, was it perfect No, but there is a lot of trust there.. As Far as Amendola goes,, i agree. however, what position did Welker play in N.E., who played that position vs. the Jets and when Welker was out with a torn ACL and how did that player do?

Last edited:

especially when you consider Brady took a pay cut.......what a mess

I think you just have to be extra careful with a guy like Gronk. He's only had a couple of contact practices and he's still getting in football shape.
Thanks
Ive took the 7 with the bucs,was wanting it to go up with news of him starting,going to 6.5 in places already now.

Bill Belichick deflecting questions on Rob Gronkowski this morning. Said team hasn't practiced yet today. "Looks great sitting in meetings."

Back