NFL Week 1: What Have We Learned

I’ve seen the Saints chase Cam down forever. I’m not saying he isn’t a decent “fit” and the division ain’t much......but I didn’t see anything other than ball control. Am I missing something?

of course it gonna be ball control, that always what bill wants. I thought they things they did in the running game were very creative and gonna be a pain in the ass to prepare for. Game wasn’t really as close as score, had that wr not fumbled going into the endzone that a blowout. Certainly not saying pats are great but they will def be competing for that div once again which I wasn’t so sure be the case.

I wasn’t right or wrong on mahomes, I really had no idea as I dont even recall seeing him in college!! Lol.

I knew bears fucked up with trubisky but think everyone besides bears knew that! (Prick got me back yesterday!) Watching that draft I couldn’t freaking understand how the hell so many teams passed on Watson?!?! I mean the kid shredded bama in b2b championship games, I have no idea how any these ppl who get paid to do this couldn’t see Watson was gonna be a stud??

I just saw end of the raiders/panthers game. What a garbage call by panthers on 4th and short, fullback dive? With a minute left? God the whole raider team was stacked in the middle, any kind of fake and bootleg or a pitch to mccaffery and they got not only a 1st down but probably a huge play instead of getting stuffed and losing game!

I already thought this but yesterday kinda confirmed it, the cardinals are gonna be pushing for a playoff spot this year!! Murray is a star in the making, his wheels are elite! Just think about what this Niners defense did to guys like Rodgers twice last year and mahomes for 3 qrtrs! Yet Murray has given them all they want several times and now with a elite wr he was able to beat them. Hopkins was fantastic and they lost nothing at rb with drake and Edmonds being perfect for this offense. I thought the defense was improved as well. They didn’t let niners run all over them and outside the big play to Mostert they gave up very little.

That offense was completely shut down for the first half. 9ers should have led by 3 scores. Nuk is a problem and no idea how he got traded. But the 9ers have struggled with Murray for 3 games now. But that game was blown on the blocked punt, and a stuffing on the goal line. 9ers offense has zero weapons once Kittle got hurt. They were playing 5-8 RBs at WR2-5 at times.

Murray is fun but he’s still limited. 9ers need to get a WR healthy quick.

I wasn’t right or wrong on mahomes, I really had no idea as I dont even recall seeing him in college!! Lol.

I knew bears fucked up with trubisky but think everyone besides bears knew that! (Prick got me back yesterday!) Watching that draft I couldn’t freaking understand how the hell so many teams passed on Watson?!?! I mean the kid shredded bama in b2b championship games, I have no idea how any these ppl who get paid to do this couldn’t see Watson was gonna be a stud??
I was a Mahomes fan in that draft but thought he'd be a late 1st. I was hoping for Watson as a Bears fan but end of the day we got Mitch and I'm a ride or die!

John’s Island more specifically

John's Island are stuck up assholes that you want to pound, steal their money and screw their wives

I was a main sub for their new Beach Club back in the day also Costa este downtown. It's just crazy how many homes are being built, it literally never stops. My folks are still there and I am tight with Kristin.

I was a Mahomes fan in that draft but thought he'd be a late 1st. I was hoping for Watson as a Bears fan but end of the day we got Mitch and I'm a ride or die!

no idea how they could take mitch over a kid who had just tore apart bama defense full of nfl players 2 years in a row, these freaking scouts try and be to freaking cute if ya ask me. Had bears taken Watson ya’ll prob have a super bowl or at least gotten to one.

no idea how they could take mitch over a kid who had just tore apart bama defense full of nfl players 2 years in a row, these freaking scouts try and be to freaking cute if ya ask me. Had bears taken Watson ya’ll prob have a super bowl or at least gotten to one.
Eh plenty of guys torch college defenses and bust. I liked Watson more than Mitch and was a Mahomes fanboy bc i bet texas tech a ton bc of him haha. No one saw this coming tho in how good he is.

John's Island are stuck up assholes that you want to pound, steal their money and screw their wives

I was a main sub for their new Beach Club back in the day also Costa este downtown. It's just crazy how many homes are being built, it literally never stops. My folks are still there and I am tight with Kristin.
So you’re ex wife has some dough huh?

These people are super rich yes so makes sense

Really don’t like super HNW clients. Some can be a dream, obviously.

Rather meat and potatoes guys that actually need my help
That work at Exxon, Chevron and the like.

But I’m not babysitting 1million in Chevron stock either. I won’t ever tell them to dump it all either, though.

Eh plenty of guys torch college defenses and bust. I liked Watson more than Mitch and was a Mahomes fanboy bc i bet texas tech a ton bc of him haha. No one saw this coming tho in how good he is.

yea I’ll never be mr hindsight and crush them for mahomes but I think anyone with a brain new Watson was the real deal. They don’t all do it in b2b national championships bud! Or against that Bama d real often. I thought it was painfully obvious Watson was gonna be very good.

yea I’ll never be mr hindsight and crush them for mahomes but I think anyone with a brain new Watson was the real deal. They don’t all do it in b2b national championships bud! Or against that Bama d real often. I thought it was painfully obvious Watson was gonna be very good.
The only thing in Ryan Pace's defense is the majority of analysts had Mitch as the top rated QB. Probably 60-70% of what I read all claimed Mitch the better QB prospect. To your point, prospect v. real game experience....sometimes you take the guy who has proven himself.

The only thing in Ryan Pace's defense is the majority of analysts had Mitch as the top rated QB. Probably 60-70% of what I read all claimed Mitch the better QB prospect. To your point, prospect v. real game experience....sometimes you take the guy who has proven himself.

just goes to my point of these scouts being utterly clueless. They fall in love with measurable while watching kids in shorts run around at the combine!! Trubisky played one year of college ball, didn’t win crap and they fall In love with him instead of a kid who had put years of big time film playing big time competition. Freaking Jamarcus Russell all over again without the drug problem or personality flaws!!

im gomna stop banging on mitch tho cause he got me last week and I’m fading him again this week and don’t want that happening again!!! lol. Give me Jones over him plus 6 points. Although Garrett has to figure out a way to get Barkley going!!! 14 inches a carry not gonna get it done!!! Lol

Jamarcus has all the talent in the world.

Couldn’t read a defense, much less a children’s book and simply didn’t do work

Other than an ill advised pitch with 6 minutes left, Joe Burrow looked like he'll be the real deal once the Bengals get that horrid OL taken care of. Cam Newton looked pretty good, but he has absolutely no help on that offense & the Lions are going nowhere with Matt Patricia as their head coach.

Burrow might react a little better knowing how much trouble he is in this year playing behind that OL compared to what he had in both OC and OL at LSU, but that ain't changing until next September so he's going to have a rough year. Loved his athletic ability running the ball as that's huge for fantasy stats, but also seems like even more risk for taking hits considering how many hits he's already going to take behind that line

Cam is a wildcat QB in a power run scheme that NE was moving towards in recent years, but i'm a little concerned about Edelman and how they do if they need to keep up on the scoreboard. May see that this week in Seattle, but if the NE defense continues what it did last year then maybe it won't matter until they run into BAL or KC

Was the collapse on Patricia? Swift is easy to blame, but i wasn't watching that one much since DET had such a big lead

just goes to my point of these scouts being utterly clueless. They fall in love with measurable while watching kids in shorts run around at the combine!! Trubisky played one year of college ball, didn’t win crap and they fall In love with him instead of a kid who had put years of big time film playing big time competition. Freaking Jamarcus Russell all over again without the drug problem or personality flaws!!

im gomna stop banging on mitch tho cause he got me last week and I’m fading him again this week and don’t want that happening again!!! lol. Give me Jones over him plus 6 points. Although Garrett has to figure out a way to get Barkley going!!! 14 inches a carry not gonna get it done!!! Lol

CHI trading up against only themselves is the icing on the cake

What did ya’ll think bout Haskins And Washington offense overall? I didn’t watch much of that game, from a distance it kinda appeared to me without the Philly turnovers im not sure Washington scores but again all I really saw was highlights as I was locked in to other games. Washington’s dline was a nightmare for philly as I expected. They look similar to what niners did on their dline with all those 1st rounders!!
Redskin offense is particularly weak on left side of OL with Geron Christian at LT and Wes at LG. They figure to have problems protecting Haskins, and not sure they can really get anything going on the ground either with mediocre at best RB complements. McLaurin is definitely a player, but weak after that and TE also very ?. In a nutshell their offense very unproven and will struggle. Defensively though I see a lot of promise, and really like Del Rio as a coordinator. 6 wins would really be good for this team imo.

Redskin offense is particularly weak on left side of OL with Geron Christian at LT and Wes at LG. They figure to have problems protecting Haskins, and not sure they can really get anything going on the ground either with mediocre at best RB complements. McLaurin is definitely a player, but weak after that and TE also very ?. In a nutshell their offense very unproven and will struggle. Defensively though I see a lot of promise, and really like Del Rio as a coordinator. 6 wins would really be good for this team imo.

thanks,, yea i think the defense gonna be nasty, particularly up front. this gonna be a tough week for them cause Murray might be the best weapon in football against stout pass rushes!!!! why did they let AP go? seems like he be a perfect fit with del rio and the way they wanna play defense..

if skins could find a way to get out to a lead on teams they would be a nightmare for opposing qbs!! no clue how they gonna accomplish getting the lead tho! maybe they need to come up with some tricky plays!!!lol

Not sure the accuracy but I heard they are staying in West Virginia for the week between games. I wanna say The Greenbrier ?

im not sure on location either but i had heard they are staying east.. i have heard there a lot of these types of the games on the schedule allowing west coast or east coast team to remain on either coast to limit travel.;;

Pats do it all the time, I wouldn't expect the niners to fly back and forth. Makes no sense but haven't heard anything definitive.

thanks,, yea i think the defense gonna be nasty, particularly up front. this gonna be a tough week for them cause Murray might be the best weapon in football against stout pass rushes!!!! why did they let AP go? seems like he be a perfect fit with del rio and the way they wanna play defense..
I think with AP, it wasn't necessarily a good fit with Scott Turner offense and given his relative shelf life they just decided to go younger.

Back