NFL Rumors

A few things turn me against him.

He's been injured. He's been petulant in his dealings with the Ravens. Without excellent line play he's basically been a non-factor.

The Browns have a skewed view of him because he's ripped that team apart, but a lot of teams have been able to run on the Browns.

He strikes me as Ruben Droughns: The Next Generation.

Now, Michael Smith on ESPN made a good point today which was that paying Jamal Lewis saves them money on paying Adrian Peterson at the three spot, saves them a lot.

However, if AD turns into the next LT then this move looks even worse if Lewis flames out.

I personally think this solves nothing at RB. However, I could totally be wrong.

What I like about it is that it means the Browns will almost certainly trade down.

Unless they want to blow the pick on taking Brady Quinn about six spots higher in the draft then he should be taken.

Then we can all get in the car with our pitchforks and drive to Berea together.

I think the best thing for the team is to trade out of that spot. I think they need more picks... The biggest thing is, if they do trade out of the spot and acquire more picks, they must do something with the pick. Last year when they traded down, the second pick they got was useless. Now, Wimbley turned out to be a stud but they could have gotten him with the original pick.

Joe- do you not want the Browns to trade out? Who do you think they should get?

I agree with you that Jamal has struggled lately(injuries especially). Shit, almost half his yards each season were against the Browns...so who is he going to gain yards against now?

He is only 27, so hopefully he can be productive for a few years. He is the type of back I think the Browns need....hopefully they will address their offensive line and defensive line issues now

PLEASE DO NOT TAKE A QB IN THE FIRST ROUND:hairout:

I tend to agree with the Reubon Droughns comment...

I do want them to trade down. I wanted them to do it before this deal and I want them to do it even more now. And, honestly, now that people pretty much know they're not going to stay there they might get a pretty high price for the pick.

However, I don't think they won't be trading it until draft day, because they want Joe Thomas. So if Detroit doesn't take him, they might stay right where they are.

But I do want them to trade down.

However, now I have no idea what they're going to do if they do trade down.

I will say that I don't think they wasted their second pick last year. D'Quell played well, eventually winning a spot as a starter as the season went on.

I think Savage has drafted pretty well at the top. Now, as it gets deeper maybe not so good, but I don't think he's been so bad.

That said, this year they need a 'great' draft. They need it really bad.

No not their second pick...the second pick that they got with the original trade...

Babatunde Oshinowo (I think it was). He was their second pick of the sixth round. What was the point in making the trade down if you were not going to use the pick effectively. He was waived and then eventually signed to the practice squad.

I agree completely that Jackson is a beast.

Oh, yeah, what the hell happened to that guy?

As I said before, the Browns need three guys from this draft to contribute, two significantly, as in being starters by the end of the year.

Also, I think you see the Browns make an offer to that Mike Gandy from Buffalo. I know it would be yet another O-line free agent, but it wouldn't shock me.

Nor would it shock me if they did trade down that they did whatever they were going to do in the first round then took that O-lineman from CMU in the second round.

I think this team is scorching the earth on this one to fix the line.

I like the move of signing jamal lewis here is why. He can't torch us for 350 yards this year. Also by signing him to a 1 year contract there is a lot of uncertainy about the runningback position. It gives phil the ability to get more for a trade down with the smoke screen of selecting Calvin Johnson with the #3 pick. They may just be able to get another pick for moving down a spot to switch with tampa bay.

Lets see how it unfolds, at first glance i am liking it.

Back