NFL RSW Discussion

Don't see Rams getting past 9 wins. They just lost Brockers and Littleton. Goff still doesn't have an oline. Who's the running back? Gurley is damaged goods. We dont have anyone resigned yet including Ramsey. Last but not least, we gave up our next 2 #1 picks. AFC East opponents, 2-2 at best. I think we're looking at 3-3 in the NFC West.
Away
Philadelphia L
Washington W
Tampa Bay L
Home
New York Giants W
Dallas L
Chicago W

Without counting as I was looking thru their schedule, I came up with 8 wins.

Don't see Rams getting past 9 wins. They just lost Brockers and Littleton. Goff still doesn't have an oline. Who's the running back? Gurley is damaged goods. We dont have anyone resigned yet including Ramsey. Last but not least, we gave up our next 2 #1 picks. AFC East opponents, 2-2 at best. I think we're looking at 3-3 in the NFC West.
Away
Philadelphia L
Washington W
Tampa Bay L
Home
New York Giants W
Dallas L
Chicago W

Rams under 9 is my favorite right now as well. Their window was open for their super bowl run two years ago and has quickly shut based on a series of short sighted moves. Not to mention Wade is gone and the blueprint seems to be out on slowing down McVay’s scheme

Rams under 9 is my favorite right now as well. Their window was open for their super bowl run two years ago and has quickly shut based on a series of short sighted moves. Not to mention Wade is gone and the blueprint seems to be out on slowing down McVay’s scheme
With a bad oline and an immobile Goff who lacks pocket presence and no Gurley, we have a problem.

Even ignoring Brady, the bucs d the 2nd half of the year was top 5 or 6 per pff. But I just looked at schedule and it's a rough one

Most others I wouldnt bet until post draft, but afc west I like 3 of 4 rn

Lions seems low, they also got a nice schedule gift in their home and away vs the other divisions, cards, Panthers, jags all away and all very winnable looking rn, titans and falcons too. Get 3 of those 5 and go .500 at home and your a winner, any away win in the division just a bonus

A few I’ve grabbed so far:

Texans Under 8.5 / Cardinals Over 6.5 both 3 minutes after the Nuk trade was announced

Rams Under 9 when they lost Brockers and Cooks. Taking a running back with their first pick this year makes it even better. Their odds to finish last in NFCW are something I have my eye on.

Colts Over 7.5 about a day before beat writers made it clear Rivers signing was imminent.

Chargers Over 7.5 like their defense and upgrades on the right side of the offensive line

Jaguars Under 6.5 right when the Calais trade was announced and it became clear what their 2020 strategy is

Vikes under 9.5 after their FA losses

Saints Over 10.5 continuity with no offseason worth a lot imo.Toughest games all at home too

Took Lions 10/1 to win the division and eyeing Broncos +165 to make the playoffs.

Last edited:
On a separate note I’m not sure that football can be played until there’s a vaccine. Basic math tells you that a 53 man roster has somebody testing positive at some point which takes the entire team out of commission into isolation for a few weeks. Much bigger problem for football than other sports due to volume of bodies.

On a separate note I’m not sure that football can be played until there’s a vaccine. Basic math tells you that a 53 man roster has somebody testing positive at some point which takes the entire team out of commission into isolation for a few weeks. Much bigger problem for football than other sports due to volume of bodies.
Well, we could be without football for 2 years then. But, that's for the other thread..

To the bets...

Lions NFC Norris excellent value.

I have no qualms about any of the others. The Rams one was one I eyed immediately.

Hopefully we get to see these play out. Best of luck and stay healthy!

Well, we could be without football for 2 years then. But, that's for the other thread..

To the bets...

Lions NFC Norris excellent value.

I have no qualms about any of the others. The Rams one was one I eyed immediately.

Hopefully we get to see these play out. Best of luck and stay healthy!

I think very very few people will remember that the Lions were as good as any team in that division last year before the qb injury, just had some bad close game luck that triggered an average start instead of a really good start. Meanwhile the Bears don’t have a QB, the Packers are actively trying to piss off their QB, and the Vikings are trying to retool on the fly to avoid having to fully rebuild. Type of division where a mediocre 9-10 win team could easily take it, it’s not the same type of swing as say anybody topping KC.

Carolina Panthers at 4.5? Bridgewater is an upgrade from Kyle Allen last year. You got CMC. Not saying they're gonna win the division but getting 5 wins I think they can get.

I just hope they start on time with all the Covid-19 stuff.

Falcons under 7.5 for me. Not sure why any of this regime was kept, but this is it for them. Just look at the ood road games.
@ Dallas, GB, Minn, KC

Add in 4 games vs NO and TB. Looks like they open at Tampa. This team needs a fast start or it go off the rails quick. No pass rush upgrade. Secondary a huge question mark again. What are you really going to get from Gurley?

Of course road games may not matter this year.

Without looking at who they play I like pats under, all the other afc East teams over.

Colts over
broncos over
cardinals over.

Rams way under.
Texans under
Packers under
falcons under

panthers over.

Falcons under 7.5 for me. Not sure why any of this regime was kept, but this is it for them. Just look at the ood road games.
@ Dallas, GB, Minn, KC

Add in 4 games vs NO and TB. Looks like they open at Tampa. This team needs a fast start or it go off the rails quick. No pass rush upgrade. Secondary a huge question mark again. What are you really going to get from Gurley?

Of course road games may not matter this year.

love that one as well. Every other team in the division improved quite a bit imo. Saints finally have a second wr option opposite Thomas. Panthers gonna be dramatically better with teddy b under center imo. We know bout bucs. Falcons could easily be cellar dwellers for years to come starting this season.

Carolina Panthers at 4.5? Bridgewater is an upgrade from Kyle Allen last year. You got CMC. Not saying they're gonna win the division but getting 5 wins I think they can get.

I just hope they start on time with all the Covid-19 stuff.

that one jumped off the screen as being insanely low imo. They might only win 5-6 games but sure feels like less than 5 incredibly unlikely.

Crazy how heavily it appears they have mortgaged the future and the future is now!! I guess they relying on the new stadium to be the draw?

I think very very few people will remember that the Lions were as good as any team in that division last year before the qb injury, just had some bad close game luck that triggered an average start instead of a really good start. Meanwhile the Bears don’t have a QB, the Packers are actively trying to piss off their QB, and the Vikings are trying to retool on the fly to avoid having to fully rebuild. Type of division where a mediocre 9-10 win team could easily take it, it’s not the same type of swing as say anybody topping KC.

I expect bears offense will be improved with foles. I agree on the division as a whole, they all look like .500 type teams to me!

Away
Philadelphia L
Washington W
Tampa Bay L
Home
New York Giants W
Dallas L
Chicago W

Line dropped to 8.5 which I would absolutely not be. 9 total forces the Rams to get to which is a huge difference.

ill have to look at their out of division games but the west is stacked, I think they could very well finish in the basement.
I think they have enough talent to be at least 8-8. There has to be improved oline play and Goff has to take a step up

I think they have enough talent to be at least 8-8. There has to be improved oline play and Goff has to take a step up

I really don’t think anyone in the nfc west will finish much below .500. Love what the cardinals been doing, they still need to get oline sorted out but Murray really impressed me in his rookie year and now he has even more weapons!

Niners and Seattle not going anywhere, loved niners offseason. Seattle should get some running backs back healthy and Russ won’t let them be bad! Although if fans limited or not present at games it will hurt Seattle huge HF edge.

rams just seem like the only team in west that trending the wrong direction and those short sighted moves they made last few years gonna make it very tough for them to improve the roster, what they have is gonna have to take big strides for them to compete imo.

Hearing that bellichek calls the new qb STID made my belief rise in him about 10 fold

nothing against Stidham, actually have heard he throws a great football, if I’m not mistaken he was incredibly highly recruited out of high school so he obviously has the tools. The offseason moves pats made seems to scream to me they have confidence in the kid. Unfortunately for him I don’t think any qb playing for pats this year has much a chance for success. There a reason Brady was looking to get out of town, he knew he to the point in his career he needs way more help than currently being O

My thing with Stidham.....he’s from
Stephenville HS in TX so when he went to Baylor, he had been running that offense since he was in 8th grade. Pats I guess, could be similar, I don’t know man....

My thing with Stidham.....he’s from
Stephenville HS in TX so when he went to Baylor, he had been running that offense since he was in 8th grade. Pats I guess, could be similar, I don’t know man....

we never will know cause pats have nobody to throw the ball to! I guess maybe that rookie that was hurt then didn’t do shit last year will maybe develop, he has to or they have nothing on the outside.

Back