NFL Preseason 8/11

smh212

Awesomeitus Degenerate
YTD: 2-0 +2.38 units

Denver @ Detroit

Posted: Denver -2 38
My line: Detroit -2 37
My play: LIONS +120

For starters, you have the new coach theory working in favor of Detroit. However, Marinelli is taking it a bit further than that: He's trying to change the CULTURE of the franchise. In past off-season's the Lions have tried to make a big splash by signing so called big name free agents (Fernando Bryant, McQuarters, Damien Woody, etc), this year Marinelli brought in second tier guys that are solid, but don't get alot of headlines. What he's done is create competition at every position. No position is safe on this roster, outside of Backus at LT.

"I've been saying: it's winning each play," he said. "I want to see a team develop. Anytime you line up, you want to win. You're preparing these guys, especially our seconds and thirds, to get ready to go and have a real good day. It's important, but the most important thing is to win each snap so that every guy is improving. I want the improvement in how we do things.

"Today was a hard, long practice. Yesterday was a hard, long practice. We're in camp, and this is camp mode. This is another part of the process tomorrow night - its camp and we're going to work."

Sounds like a guy who wants to win his home debut, wouldn't you say? Moving on to the guys who are gonna be on the field, the qb rotation for Denver certaintly doesn't scare me: Plummer, Cutler (rookie), Van Pelt, Parsons. Given that the Lions are gonna roll out Kitna and Mcnown, makes a 1st Detroit play look even better.

Small lean towards the 'under' here. Other plays I'm considering:

- Ravens UNDER
- TEXANS

Good Luck!

Nice play and reasoning, smh, I'll be on it!

beer.gif

SMH..

I like the play.

Another great factor is Orlavsky is looking like the Number 2 now over Mccown. Expect both to comopete quite well this evening. A lot of competition behind KJ at running back as well. The Recievers..oh my thats gonna be a battle for spots 3-6.

Should be a good play. Best of luck. You are alreafdy having a helluva preseason.

Smh, what do u think of Chicago-San fran?any feeling for that one? my odds is : chicago win by 4 pts (2.10), San fran win by 4 pts (2.50) n Tie if 1 team win just 1-3 pts (2.90). waiting for advice... Thanx Smh... :bow:

Good health here SMH....I can't bet agaisnt Shannahan in a preseason game, esp an opener...he places more emphasis on starting well than any coach in the league, IMO...I also think you'll see Martz easily getting ahead of himself in scheming in the first week out...Kitna will be fine, as Cincy's offense was very complex...but he won't play much here...

I like DEN...

Good health bro.

Thanks Sooner...let's do this.

B.AR. : I was waiting for your input. I forgot about Dan, and didn't realize he was giving Josh such a run....good to know. I think Detroit is headed in the right direction.

Ocean: I don't know how many Detroit is gonna win by. I just think they're gonna win. However, if your betting for an exact number, "4" is a key number, meaning a score like 14-10, 17-13, 21-17, etc aren't out of picture. I have no opinion on SF/Chi.

Jump,

Good point on the ego maniac Martz, as well as Shanny. Your right, that guy would want to win an exhibition game against a womens team.

smh212 said:
Thanks Sooner...let's do this.

B.AR. : I was waiting for your input. I forgot about Dan, and didn't realize he was giving Josh such a run....good to know. I think Detroit is headed in the right direction.

Ocean: I don't know how many Detroit is gonna win by. I just think they're gonna win. However, if your betting for an exact number, "4" is a key number, meaning a score like 14-10, 17-13, 21-17, etc aren't out of picture. I have no opinion on SF/Chi.

Jump,

Good point on the ego maniac Martz, as well as Shanny. Your right, that guy would want to win an exhibition game against a womens team.

Thanx Smh, it's not exact number... just my place has detroit will win by 4 or more...so, if let say detroit win 15-12, it means tie... it's like that... :hammer: Good Luck Smh...

Very nicely done bro.

Even Fat Mike(Williams) made the play that got the win basically(catch down to 2 yard line before Pinners TD)

Back