NFL Playoffs Wildcard Round Discussion

nbafan88

Pretty much a regular
1/4/14 at 4:35 ET: KC @ Indy -2.5/46.5

1/4/14 at 8:10 ET: NO @ Philly -2.5/54.5

1/5/14 at 1:05 ET: SD @ Cincy -7/46

1/5/14 at 4:40 ET: SF @ GB +2.5/48.5

830488762.gif

Ditka fell asleep when the crew were dissecting how Jay cutler was gonna win the game for Da Bears

kc/indy ...total seems a little low
NO/Philly.... shady over whatever.Hope Drewy has his hand warmers
SD/Cin... ginger clown laying a TD,no thanks
SF/GB....I think,at this time of year,GB hfa is worth a lil more

SD epically choked yesterday at home vs a JV squad and needed refs to bail them out. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to fade the red rifle when the time is right, but I think Bengals get it done in this round.

I don't understand how anyone can go against the Bengals right now, especially at home. 8-0 ATS this year @ home, its been 3 months since they haven't put 30+ at home.

He was just lucky that Flacco sucked more than he did
The talent difference on them 2 (SD/CIN) squads is absurd,7 should be a gift.You trust him ? I dont.

I don't understand how anyone can go against the Bengals right now, especially at home. 8-0 ATS this year @ home, its been 3 months since they haven't put 30+ at home.
Imagine that team with a QB,theyd be joint Favs for the jewels.'I will just watch that game.

So is Indy a fraud or is KC a fraud?

interesting. they are both teams that beat the teams they should have beat and lost to teams who are elite. I think thats just what these teams are right now, good but not great teams. Winner of this one doesnt make it another game.

I think my favorite play on the board is Philly. I hate betting against Breezus, but this doesn't end well for them.....

Dan,Indy have beat the best teams in the NFL
you knew that tho,think your post can be misinterpreted

and they have been utterly dominated by some teams that are decent but not exactly powerhouses (rams, zona, cincy), almost lost to the Texans and almost lost to the Raiders

I do like that they are at home. But it looks like they can be stopped by defenses that are above average, and it looks like they can be picked apart on d as well when facing a good opponent. I think the game is a coin flip, and im teasing kc up bc i dont see a blowout

interesting. they are both teams that beat the teams they should have beat and lost to teams who are elite. I think thats just what these teams are right now, good but not great teams. Winner of this one doesnt make it another game.

personally, I don't think the colts are very good but they have some very impressive wins.... The chiefs had the tremendous luxury of playing a lot of NFC east teams

personally, I don't think the colts are very good but they have some very impressive wins.... The chiefs had the tremendous luxury of playing a lot of NFC east teams

yeah chiefs schedule was pretty much cake. they had that run where they kept going against backup qbs too. they did seem to get better though, and Andy has been in the playoffs before. JC will be the bell cow...if he dominates likehe can theyll be right in this

yes but not elite. not in the "defense can carry them to the sb" category that Cincy and Seattle are in
If Cincy had Geno and Leon I'd put them there, but not without...they are still a top 10 defense which nobody else in the AFC playoffs is, so that's something. But not elite. Just very, very solid. The key will be can the defense play at the top level they've been playing at home on the road when the time comes.

All about our own opinions,I believe KCs defense to be poor.
Glad Im hearing opposite views,cause thought the over looked square as fuck

Under getting bet hard in Philly, should move down so if you like the over I would wait

think under is a good bet but i dont bet unders lol. gonna be 20 degrees, and the long throws down filed that both of these teams use often that usually makes their games high scoring might be few and far between

Reid's experience in playoffs cant be underestimated.. Hated what he did yesterday (for the steelers) but it was exactly the right thing to do.. Key guys got key rest and the bs way they lost the game was a good way to go into the playoffs IMO... Colts offensive line has been a target all year. In games they have played well, the team has succeeded (SF) but in games they've struggled (stl) the offensive line play was among the worst in football..Even early in the SF game they looked like a high school team. KC with recent revenge and a proper gameplan will have Luck on the run all day long... Have said this before, without Luck, Colts would be a 4 or 5 win team.. That's a big compliment to Luck, and love the kid, but this team is not built for playoffs and massive game planning. .Too many holes that can be exposed. Give Andy Reid a big edge here..

I agree here. Not a huge Bengals fan, but they are great at home this year. And now you have SD traveling across country for an early start.

so Seattle is now +200 to win the SB. If you think they are unbeatable at home, why not take that and then take the dog in the SB (im assuming Seattle would be favored vs anyone) and guarantee yourself $

would like to see the weather in the iggles game...

played:

KC
SF
Cincy

so Seattle is now +200 to win the SB. If you think they are unbeatable at home, why not take that and then take the dog in the SB (im assuming Seattle would be favored vs anyone) and guarantee yourself $

I like that plan.

I like that plan.

the key is if you relaly think that the seahawks cant lose at home. i dont necessarily buy that, their offense has not looked special to me lately. but if you trust the 12th man to get them to the SB it might be a way to get the wonderful two +'s in a game

With the line set at 6-1/2 and 46-1/2, I have to believe I will be able to get Cincy TT over 27 and I will play it rather large. Also like the game Over 46-1/2, which I've already played, as I like getting it under the key number of 47. Cincy scores points at home .... and lots of them. SD D is not a "shut down" D. Their last game ended 17-10 Bengals and there were three turnovers inside of the opponents 30 yard line. Think the FG's turn to TD's and the Turnovers in plus territory turn into points.
SD has averged just over 24 points per game and Cincy just under 27 ppg. However, at home, Cincy is averaging over 34 points per game. I'll have to stay on top of the weather situation, but to be honest, I don't think it will really matter. Long range forecast is called for a high of 42; 10% chance of rain and winds about 13mph. Obviously, that can (and probably will change), but it's the play I like best right now.
BOL
J

Saints 2nd best pass D in the league
Could spell trouble for the birds

The Greer injury and Vacarro injury spell trouble for sure...

I think Payton has em up for this game......line seems unusually low

Ariz gave a lot of teams confidence Seahawks can be beat at home. But kinda agree with your narrative

I don't get it, what is the excuse for disregarding that Week 16 drubbing the Colts gave KC in their own building? When KC still had everything to play for?

I can't get past the abysmal Strength of Victory (.335) and Strength of Schedule (.445) numbers for the Chiefs. Both rank 12th out of the 12 playoff teams. Their signature win was over a Philly team that was still struggling to find its identity back in Week 3.

Teams with a sub .400 SOV were 0-2 last year, 0-2 in 2011, 0-1 in 2010, 1-2 in 2009 (only because AZ & GB played each other with both having sub .400 SOV's).

You have to go back to 2008 Arizona and 2007 Giants to find sub .400 SOV teams that won on the road, and both had much higher SOS and more talented QBs.

I don't get it, what is the excuse for disregarding that Week 16 drubbing the Colts gave KC in their own building? When KC still had everything to play for?

I can't get past the abysmal Strength of Victory (.335) and Strength of Schedule (.445) numbers for the Chiefs. Both rank 12th out of the 12 playoff teams. Their signature win was over a Philly team that was still struggling to find its identity back in Week 3.

Teams with a sub .400 SOV were 0-2 last year, 0-2 in 2011, 0-1 in 2010, 1-2 in 2009 (only because AZ & GB played each other with both having sub .400 SOV's).

You have to go back to 2008 Arizona and 2007 Giants to find sub .400 SOV teams that won on the road, and both had much higher SOS and more talented QBs.

If I'm not mistaken, KC was -4 in TO margin in that game. Not likely to happen again, IMO.

Back