***NFL In-Game Thread***

Soccer and basketball are worse for head injuries than American football they just refuse to glorify it
Basketball? Seriously? I can see soccer with the headers. Honestly, when I played, it was the part of the game I felt uneasy about. Got lots of shit from my college coach for shying away from line drive headers. Just didn’t feel right. But you really think those 2 sports have a higher rate of head injuries?

Basketball? Seriously? I can see soccer with the headers. Honestly, when I played, it was the part of the game I felt uneasy about. Got lots of shit from my college coach for shying away from line drive headers. Just didn’t feel right. But you really think those 2 sports have a higher rate of head injuries?
No helmets equals insane headbutts mate

I know a college student who has been concussed six times from playing soccer. If heads could magically grow helmets upon anticipation of contact via headers then they‘d be a thing

I didn't play soccer but the contact is real

Basketball for a shorter dude like me was a concussion factory if you went in the lane. Heads, elbows, knees

We really didn't think about it like a problem at that time, it was just part of the game

What's crazy is thinking back about backyard football where the trees were the OOB line and pretending like we were professional wrestlers. How we aren't brain dead is a mystery to me

I know a college student who has been concussed six times from playing soccer. If heads could magically grow helmets upon anticipation of contact via headers then they‘d be a thing
Yep. My 3 concussions came from soccer. 2 from getting kicked in the head as a goalie…. One of those really bad with loss of consciousness One from head to head as a field player.

I didn't play soccer but the contact is real

Basketball for a shorter dude like me was a concussion factory if you went in the lane. Heads, elbows, knees

We really didn't think about it like a problem at that time, it was just part of the game

What's crazy is thinking back about backyard football where the trees were the OOB line and pretending like we were professional wrestlers. How we aren't brain dead is a mystery to me
Yeah. For real. I’ve been pile driven before. Good times.

Nowadays, in youth soccer, headers are not allowed until like u-16 or so. Before then, if you do one, it’s actually a free kick for the other team.
Yep I know this and am radically opposed except I have no children to actually have a voice

Somebody should invent something that’s like a helmet but only covers like the forehead or whatever parts are likeliest to collide with another player by a header

Thanks for the reminder that I actually have to cap Champion's League tonight. I'm on empty so let's see how it goes.

Back