NFL gives middle finger to Canadians

Hulu

#3DownNation
Apologies if there is already a thread on this but I searched and couldn't find one.

So apparently the NFL has handed all its Canadian rights to DAZN and will no longer offer Gamepass in Canada. I was ok with this until I found out that NFL Sunday Ticket is no longer available as part of my cable package either. There will still be games on cable but not the comprehensive 'every game' package. I spoke to Rogers and they have confirmed this. So now the only way to legally have access to every NFL game is to subscribe to DAZN apparently.

This already wasn't sitting well with me as it will increase my costs for what looks to be an inferior service. But then, searching around for reviews of the site, lots of people complain that DAZN feeds are delayed by anywhere from 2-10 minutes which, as a gambler, is completely unacceptable for a paid service. I have emailed them asking for a statement on this to confirm it true.

I was just wondering what my fellow canuck NFL gamblers are planning to do this season. If I can't access every game through my cable package and the only legal streaming service has significant feed delays, whats the next best option?

I'm really shocked that the NFL would do this. It feels like a huge step backwards and has me wondering if I should even bother with it anymore. The product has been declining badly for a few years now anyway and now they want me to pay more for less service.

Just to update, I got a response from DAZN, kudos for the speed.

They confirmed, no split screen multiple feeds. You can watch a max of 2 games at once on different devices, no split screen option. They also have no smart TV integration which is hokey and kinda 2007.

Regarding delays I got a carefully worded non-answer. They basically said that no feed is truly live and even my cable providers feeds were delayed by a few seconds. But what they didn't tell me is if they are delayed. I have replied again asking very specific questions to see if I get an actual answer this time.

Another response with another carefully worded non-answer about how no feed is actually live even though thats not what I asked.

At this point I'll assume that the delays I have seen others complain about are for real. If they weren't, DAZN would've taken pains to correct that myth but instead I get legally worded answers from them. Not good.

Anyone else have further info on these guys? Anyone actually tried them? I may have to sign up for the free month to see for myself.

Hey Hulu,

not sure what I will be doing as a canuck...i will say that we are definitely delayed.. for example, i've noticed that the in-game for b365 is wayyy quicker with their scoring. I called a goal from the app about 10 seconds before it occured (detroit red wings tying goal of the out door classic with 7 seconds left).

Wondering if you can utilize a VPN and a different login outside of the DAZN service.

Thanks for the feedback gsro.

I mainly bet NFL 2Hs now and I'm always ready to pull the trigger as lines come out. A 30s-1m delay I could handle but anything longer will kill my ability to get a good line in many cases.

I have a VPN that I sometimes use to watch US Netflix so I may try that and see if I can sign up for NFL gamepass. Will likely need a US mailing address or credit card though. Otherwise, I'll just watch illegal streams of games that aren't on cable.

I will be letting the NFL know that this is some major league bullshit they are pulling on us though. Its one thing to give the streaming rights to dazn but to yank the sunday ticket package from cable providers and limit our choice? Thats not cool.

are you sure on the not live thing?

I got the free month and checked it against NFL network on my tv, vs the app for DAZN on my PS4 and it was a second ahead

No I'm not sure...that's what I'm trying to find out because I see comments all over the web complaining about their feed delays. But that mostly pertains to soccer feeds so I have no idea how the NFL will work out. Maybe they'll do better with it but its not encouraging that they really don't have a good answer for that question.

Glad to hear you haven't found it to be a problem. I may sign up for the free month so I can still get out if its not working out. No way I will pay a cent for delayed game feeds.

Back