NFL & former players settle for $765M

• Thread starter Thread starter tipyerbartender1
  • Start date Start date
T

tipyerbartender1

Discuss? League got off cheap, 4500 guys in that class action suit. Can we stop flagging clean hard hits now?

Comes out to 170k per person huh? Damn right they got off cheap here. Problem is that they will continue to flag hits and they will even continue to tighten the noose when it comes to what a defender can do. By the time the league is done there will be a small strike zone that a player can be hit in just like MLB.

Equipment changes make sense, but not the always moving target of what's a legal hit. I'm happy that the NFL is making amends on cheaping out on former players suffering health problems, but former players (or current players ... any football players) claiming ignorance of the health risks of football is a joke.

did u guys see the NFL is now going to look into the tackles and hits around the knees? its crazy
how the hell are you supposed to tackle someone if they start fining guys for tackling low

You can stick and wrap around the waist without leaving your feet, but mind the hips and internal organs of the ball carrier. Other than that, you're suspect as a defensive player.

6% of the nfls yearly income. Half of it spread over 17 years. Goodell is doing lines of blow tonight

so ten years from now are they going to sue for torn knees and cant walk no more? I would have thought these guys sign some form of waiver when going into contact sport lol.I would assume all these guys had concussions starting at the high school level. the sport is being ruined now in days. good in theory but not realistic. I big hit to the chest that knocks the wind out of someone draws immeidate flags no matter what. I think thid year we will really see a big problem with low blow injuries and absurd penalties.

so ten years from now are they going to sue for torn knees and cant walk no more? I would have thought these guys sign some form of waiver when going into contact sport lol.I would assume all these guys had concussions starting at the high school level. the sport is being ruined now in days. good in theory but not realistic. I big hit to the chest that knocks the wind out of someone draws immeidate flags no matter what. I think thid year we will really see a big problem with low blow injuries and absurd penalties.

WOULD go to the tru school of grammar and spelling

Back