NFL Discussion....Does anyone like Arizona?

• Thread starter Thread starter Gyno
  • Start date Start date
G

Gyno

Everyone I know likes Carolina. Not sure if it's just the people I know but there doesn't seem to be much love for the Cards.

Weather looks good and I played them over 22. Thought Palmer seemed overwhelmed by the moment, but hopefully will settle the hell down that the Mouse is off his back

Everyone I know likes Carolina. Not sure if it's just the people I know but there doesn't seem to be much love for the Cards.

One team was totally unimpressive, the other looked like world beaters until they shut it down and sat on the big lead so no surprise the public is picking Carolina. Arizona is the better team though so there is value in +3 and a LOT of value in +3.5.

Kdog - support for "Arz is the better team"? Just curious what you are basing that on. Stats, record, SOS, just your opinion?

I also played the over right away. I think if you wait you will see plenty of Arz love. Same thing happened last week. Everyone liked Car at first and then all those who like to fade the public/obvious plays came out liking Sea. By game time, Sea was getting a bunch of love and think most believe Arz to be better than Sea this year.

I think zona matches up well defensively. Don't think Carolina rates to run it as well in this game as they do in most, Cards have given up three, maybe four good games to opposing Tight ends this year ... so if they take olsen away (to a degree, he will get targets, catches, yards at some level), take the run away (to a degree) and Peterson takes one wr away (good depth and no elite though) then you are looking at Cam trying to find the third and fourth best options in the passing game. If both teams are struggling running the ball (likely) then I just think the Cards WR group makes more big plays and more third down plays than the Panther group ... assuming Palmer isn't choking in the big game like he always does.

I like AZ. Teased them up to +10.5 with Pats (cringe) crossing zero to +3.5.

From what I been reading az gonna air it out early I noticed against packers Palmer started slow
I could see some big plays and some turnovers in this game from Palmer again I love the over

I really think AZ is the better team. CAROLINA has been a very lucky team in a very bad division.

I have +3.5 +100 and feel it's one of the better wagers I have made.

Does anyone find it strange that the pats/broncos game is the early game? 1 PM local time.... kinda perplexing

The pats are getting bet very hard but I really don't know what else books could do with the line. It opened at -3.5 and that is giving quite a bit of respect to the Patriots. The line could only be so high. I cannot put my money on the Broncos. Peyton is a shell of himself and the ball is not coming out of his hand crisply. A little worried about the refs giving the broncos the benefit of the calls though

I was thinking that the panthers game would be the early game but its essentially a primetime game.

Does anyone find it strange that the pats/broncos game is the early game? 1 PM local time.... kinda perplexing

It is weird. Both games are projected to be close. The overriding, big storyline of these championships is Manning and Brady's (possible) final matchup. That, and the time zone issue, would seem to make this game destined to be the late / prime time kick.

Sorta wondering if Fox and CBS have to alternate every other year or something on the early / late kick times.

Pretty sure the start time were being advertised before the teams were decided, gotta be a network thing

Ed Hochuli announced as ref for AFC Championship.

He has been the best referee for underdogs among all refs.

The championship games alternate time slots every year. Remember last year Seattle and Green Bay was first and it was a noon local kick off in Seattle
Next year the NFC game will be first.

seems its just a network thing, not a conspiracy going on...you still have those leans w/out that

Lol yes. I was totally joking.

I don't think the Broncos could win with Peyton behind center. They were very fortunate last week that the Steelers weren't able to take advantage of all the miscues by the Denver offense. Peyton is only starting because he's Peyton manning. His cerebral game is still strong but his throws aren't. If the pats are up 2 scores at halftime do they keep Peyton in the game?

On the fence of the late game but right now i lean Zona

I can't believe it but I am going to be pulling for Tommy boy to roll up on stat padder weenie arm, send Mr Omaha home for good.
Manning has been a selfish stats hungry cunt his entire career, got a lucky ring in a down yr vs rex Grossman, now go home for good and take Eli with u.

Lol yes. I was totally joking.

I don't think the Broncos could win with Peyton behind center. They were very fortunate last week that the Steelers weren't able to take advantage of all the miscues by the Denver offense. Peyton is only starting because he's Peyton manning. His cerebral game is still strong but his throws aren't. If the pats are up 2 scores at halftime do they keep Peyton in the game?

On the fence of the late game but right now i lean Zona

Just remember... "Nation-wide" is on his side... :fingerscrossed:
Think they have a chance... better running game and better defense... a few key breaks could be the difference... they could deploy the 2 TE with running game to keep
Tommy off the field...

I like AZ. Being on the road & the underdog should help CP. Being expected to win doesn't do $cam any favours.

Someone at blankets posted a negative stat for teams who win playoff games but get shutout in 2nd halves, can't find it now. Don't like how Carolina had basically no adversity in their game last week.

I like AZ. Being on the road & the underdog should help CP. Being expected to win doesn't do $cam any favours.

Someone at blankets posted a negative stat for teams who win playoff games but get shutout in 2nd halves, can't find it now. Don't like how Carolina had basically no adversity in their game last week.

How big of a sample size can that possibly be?

How big of a sample size can that possibly be?

and how could it be releveant at all. If you are going by just that description, "teams who win playoff games but get shutout in 2nd halves" you include

-teams whos qb or prominent weapon get hurt
-teams that are sitting on huge leads
-teams that just dont score for a half as a fluke

if there is a negative statistic, then it is just a random thing. correlation without causations. no logic or theory behind it. I despise when "cappers" rely on arbitrary statistics like that

I kind of like Zona in this one. Think the Cards' blitzing ways and frequent shots downfield fit pretty well here. I'm not super-duper confident because I respect Carolina's talent at the LOS, but I like Arizona's usual approach.

Like the roadies this week, Cards v Pats.

and how could it be releveant at all. If you are going by just that description, "teams who win playoff games but get shutout in 2nd halves" you include

-teams whos qb or prominent weapon get hurt
-teams that are sitting on huge leads
-teams that just dont score for a half as a fluke

if there is a negative statistic, then it is just a random thing. correlation without causations. no logic or theory behind it. I despise when "cappers" rely on arbitrary statistics like that

Its funny because as I was watching the first half I was telling myself that the panthers are gonna be prone to a letdown if the game remained a blowout. But after not scoring at all in the 2h and giving up such a big lead I thought it would be better for them this week.

I've always been one to say trends are complete garbage .

I can't believe anyone would want to back the secondary that couldn't cover a bunch of back up WRs last week. Wasnt just last game either, they were thrashed by Seattle the last game of the season. You have Carson Palmer who has been shaky the last two games and a secondary that's looked the same the last twoeeeks....no thanks

I'll trust Cam any day of Palmer

Back