NFL 2nd round plays

tee*dub

Head of Loggerhead Turtle Society
made a little change on Fla in CFB and a nice night in CBB on Friday.. Beware of my NFL stuff guys.. Very Hot then Very cold for me.. Don't like that trend but thats the way it has been going for a bit..

Anyway, can speak to these at length but feeling a little writeup lazy right now.. If questions or comments be glad to address..

played these so far:

Ariz TT over 20 -105; 4 units WIN
Tenn -3, +100; 4 units LOSS
Ariz +10, -115; 4 units WIN
Giants 1H -3, +100; 2 units.. LOSS
Philly +3.5 2H, -110; 4 units.. WIN
Sd +7, -110; 4 units LOSS
SD over 7.5 2H TT , 3 units WIN

May run a dog teaser with Ariz and Chargers but really trying to stay away from that stuff but man it looks real good to me..

GL guys...

Sorry for my lack of involvement around here lately.. Been real busy:cheers:

Last edited:
Will say this.. Pitt has problems IMO.. Roth when well has been holding the ball way too long and getting hammered this year.. SD game plan on defense is simple and Pitt will try to counter it but that is going to cause them even more predictability on offense. This is a real chess match and Pitt does nothing but try to shorten this game.. FG game at worst and can see SD SU win IMO. Lots of ML value on SD but not sure I make it a play right now or not..

Personally, I don't see how Arizona scores over 20 and stays within 10. Carolina will roll and get to the Super Bowl. Too much speed on offense and defense for a weak Arizona squad.

Personally, I don't see how Arizona scores over 20 and stays within 10. Carolina will roll and get to the Super Bowl. Too much speed on offense and defense for a weak Arizona squad.

Health..

Ariz coasted down the stretch of regular season.. Think that was confirmed by watching their play LW.. Very underrated defense at this point IMO. Warner with or without Boldin gets in the endzone 3 or 4 times. I am a sucker for DD dogs in the playoffs I admit.. :cheers:

good news finally--

excluding zona which i may pass from altogether--

i agree with your pitts assessment, big ben health is a concern and diego believes they can win. Rivers is a good important game qb- he lives for these games, he beat peyton back to back years, he was so badly injured last year or they beat pats also-

Lost WIlly parker? Where the hell is that guy this year gone?

I can see pits winning by 3 in that game- i would not lay it with pitts-

I do like Tenny-- best team at home, mirror image of BALTY--

biggest reason- JEFFREY FISHER my man, he will outcoach ravens coach--

also ravens lose to teams as physical as them- and beat on the wimpy teams-

Collins and company are physical as hell and their D will equal what ravens put out there.

ED REED is a big factor as 2/3 of earth is covered by water and other 1/3 is covered by ed reed--
Ravens make turnovers also, but Fisher is too smart, and balty owns smaller qb's about 6 feet tall, guys over 6'5 can beat balty--

i love the arizona pick. my biggest play . car is overrated and should not be lieing 10

you know jack gotta go home is good for a int or two

the biggest key is that fox calls plays like a pussy. and loves to punt and im nc it might rain 30% weather no big deal.

Health..

Ariz coasted down the stretch of regular season.. Think that was confirmed by watching their play LW.. Very underrated defense at this point IMO. Warner with or without Boldin gets in the endzone 3 or 4 times. I am a sucker for DD dogs in the playoffs I admit.. :cheers:

zona getting blownout earlier was good, they got it out of the way--

zona has nothing to lose at all tomorrow- i agree their D is very good at home, but pretty average on road. Dont know how their D plays tomorrow, htey have nothign to lose though.

A big key is JOHN FOX- he has this rule to run the clock out more than a Td,he will try this in the 2nd qtr if carolina is up 10-0

Could be closer but tee ifu take zona yuo have to believe they can win this game outright tomorrow.:cheers:

a good thing for you withzona is you will need to run the ball---

carolina secondary is very bad- no one knows this but trust me they are one of the worst units in the NFL-

they have a very good front 4 and linebackers, thier pass coverage is horrific, especially with the zone they play--

I am not sold on warner but if he can get some passes off i think they could do well-

I can tell you one thing, zona has everything to gain and NOTHING to lose.

It would scare me that zona has some quitters on the team, if things go bad they willl quit very fast--

i know that stevesmith in playoffs will likely score 2 tds tomorrow, he willl be hyper and hungry to score.

How bout the fact that Zona gets killed EVERY time they come east?

L 17-24 @ Wash
L 35-56 @ NYJ
L 23-27 @ CAR (Boldin 9-63, 2TD)
L 20-48 @ PHL
L 7-47 @ NE

Take Boldin out of the first meeting and you lose 14 pts. and 9 catches. They are begging you to take the 10 here. Edge won't run here, period. Peppers and Co. will tee off on Warner.

Sorry to hijack your thread TEE, but Sammy took care of that already, lol.

Just not sold on AZ and wanted to offer some other angles.

SD is pretty banged up too heading into PITTS. Another west coast team coming east to play a team off a bye with the leagues best D. Tomlinson is done for now. Sproles will be shut down. V. Jackson is probably still drunk. Gates is banged up. I don't see SD doing a whole lot on offense. Maybe 24-10 PITT.

I have tailed you religiously for a good part of the season, but am opposite this weekend on a few.

I do love TENN. Back-to-back roadies and a short week for Joe Flacco will catch up with him and his rookie coach.

PHL/NYG? Toss up, but I lean to anything over a FG I think.

Hope you don't mind my thoughts in here.

Peace and health on SD and AZ.

Good Luck Tee..I think the old man Warner makes another good showing again today. He burned me last week.:cheers:

I think Vegas did a damn good job this week with their lines and making the public really have to think about these games. I think you can make arguments for all 8 teams this weekend. I think Vegas is begging for AZ money. You saw them win last week and shutting down Turner. THat is fresh in our minds. They flat our are a bad road team and I think they are going to get stomped tonight. That is what's fresh in my mind. My lean is Carloina.
SD has played so many tough games in a row, plaoff type games that is has to catch up to them at some point. They have been travelling so much lately. That is going to be tiresome. Sproles is not going to do what he did last week against this defense. My key question is do we all really know the health of Ben? That to me is a big question mark. Now I know Byron is serviceable but would you lay 6 with him behind the center?
Tenn without Mawae today will be a big factor. Advantage there for Balt. We all saw Flacco handle the road pressure in his first game in the playoffs last week but that was a Miami defense, not Tenn. If he gets hit a few times by Albert it may make for some bad decisions. But I think the one thing Flacco does know is all he has to do is play smart and don't make mistakes. His defense will keep them in the game and close by playing that way. I am not sure Tenn has the advantage at QB here so I think this one is very tough.

On AZ with ya, that's all that I've done for today, locked in U40x Philly/Giants for tomorrow too...see this dropping IMO. BOL to ya bro!

good discussion in here.. Thanks for the input guys..

Regarding Balty/Tenny--- sure some of you have followed this through the years but since the current playoff system began in 1990, teams that played the previous week are 17-51 SU vs teams that were idle..

This line screams, just pick the SU winner.. Going with the well rested home team getting two key starters back on defense...

How bout the fact that Zona gets killed EVERY time they come east?

L 17-24 @ Wash
L 35-56 @ NYJ
L 23-27 @ CAR (Boldin 9-63, 2TD)
L 20-48 @ PHL
L 7-47 @ NE

Take Boldin out of the first meeting and you lose 14 pts. and 9 catches. They are begging you to take the 10 here. Edge won't run here, period. Peppers and Co. will tee off on Warner.

Sorry to hijack your thread TEE, but Sammy took care of that already, lol.

Just not sold on AZ and wanted to offer some other angles.

No problem born.. You have plenty of company---that is hatin' of the Cardinals in the Eastern time zone...Not saying the Cards are likely to win, just saying DD points in the playoffs with two teams that were pretty evenly matched in the first game at this same locale; is pretty interesting to me.. Also, checked the league rules and if Boldin does not play, the Cardinals are allowed to replace him and still play with 11 on offense. So not sure the Cards lose exactly 9 catches and 14 points.;)..

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=oddrow align=middle><TD>
ari.gif
</TD><TD>
car.gif
</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=middle><TD class=bi align=left>1st Downs</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>22</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=middle><TD class=bi align=left>Total Yards</TD><TD>425</TD><TD>351</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=middle><TD class=bi align=left>Passing</TD><TD>375</TD><TD>238</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=middle><TD class=bi align=left>Rushing</TD><TD>50</TD><TD>113</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=middle><TD class=bi align=left>Penalties</TD><TD>7-60</TD><TD>3-25</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=middle><TD class=bi align=left>3rd Down Conversions</TD><TD>6-11</TD><TD>7-12</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=middle><TD class=bi align=left>4th Down Conversions</TD><TD>0-1</TD><TD>0-0</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=middle><TD class=bi align=left>Turnovers</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=middle><TD class=bi align=left>Possession</TD><TD>32:37</TD><TD>27:23</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Now I have to rethink this. I thought it was 11-0n-10!
Thanks for letting me spew here.

Good luck today.

GH today Tee, I'm not exactly thrilled that I totally agree with someone who calls themself "bornloser"... but I'm also a diehard Steelers fan, so i guess my thoughts on that game are a little skewed.

LMFAO @ the team total being 20....I have GOT to go get that

With ya on +10 buddy, and a little ML

GL with the rest, trying to decide on Balty still

The one thing that stands out in my mind during last weeks Arizona-Atlanta was how much Matty Ice was able to convert on 3rd down with ease. I'm worried about the heart of Arizona when they fall behind.

added:

Tenny 2h -3, -110; 2 units

Basically making my Tenny game bet top unit..

LIKE what I see out of Tenny..

added:

Tenny 2h -3, -110; 2 units

Basically making my Tenny game bet top unit..

LIKE what I see out of Tenny..

I would like to apologize on bahalf of my team...shot ourselves in the foot over and over again. sad day here in nashville

Tee,

Great calls on Zona....hit them on the over TT and 1st qtr myself.......any thoughts 2nd half? Looks like a classic over spot I'm seeing greek -7.5 /24.....thoughts?

tee nice on zona-- they showed up for u bigtime after some bad performances, you believed in this team and they did it in a big way---

good stuff on zona, warner looks great vs carolina shit d--

interesting to see how he looks vs giants or eagles

tee - thanks for pointing me towards the ari TT .... easy winner before the half!!!! :shake:

Surprised you didn't jump on AZ +9x 2H Tee?!?!?!?

Ya, Mags considered it but was at a social event and was trying to be "normal"..

Ariz is going to have problems in the next round but loved them today.. Say this-- if Warner gets them to the super Bowl, I think he is a Hall of Famer.. 2 MVPs, highest career completion rate ever, top 5 in career passer rating, three super Bowls, one super champion and super Bowl MVP..........Anyone agree or disagree?

Ya, Mags considered it but was at a social event and was trying to be "normal"..

Ariz is going to have problems in the next round but loved them today.. Say this-- if Warner gets them to the super Bowl, I think he is a Hall of Famer.. 2 MVPs, highest career completion rate ever, top 5 in career passer rating, three super Bowls, one super champion and super Bowl MVP..........Anyone agree or disagree?

I was thinking this same thing last night Tee. I said to a few guys, if Warner takes this team to a Super Bowl, how is he not considered better than Brett Favre. Favre took them to 2 super bowls, won 1. 3 MVP's to Warners 2 yes, but Warner had a MVP like season this year if his team didnt die down the stretch. Sure Favre has all the records, but he has been playing 17 years to Warners 8 or 9. If Warner was a starter for 17 years he would smash that shit. The guy is a GREAT QB. Arguably top 10 or 15 of all time IMO

Well, I never liked the guy before. Let me re-phrase, I never liked the guy's personality before and I always thought that what he did with the Rams was more attributed to his 2 star receivers than to himself. Really, Moss and Carter were exceptionall. However, at his age right now he has changed my mind. He has ALOT of heart and has remained poised and composed when playing BIG games. His arm is still there and he keeps making the right decisions. I agree with you that if he manages to take them to the Super Bowl he is deservant of a Hall of Fame candidacy.:shake:

^ Man, you always fucking say Warner had Moss & Carter

Who makes that mistake more than once? Not to sound like a dick (which I know I probably do) but c'mon...

Torry Holt & Issac Bruce buddy...

^ Man, you always fucking say Warner had Moss & Carter

Who makes that mistake more than once? Not to sound like a dick (which I know I probably do) but c'mon...

Torry Holt & Issac Bruce buddy...
Fuck man, I dont know why? I'm so hung up on Carter Moss. Sorry but you are correct.

TORRY HOLT & ISAAC BRUCE...there! I'm going to write it 100 times. But damn, Carter and Moss were good too :36_11_6:

Fuck man, I dont know why? I'm so hung up on Carter Moss. Sorry but you are correct.

TORRY HOLT & ISAAC BRUCE...there! I'm going to write it 100 times. But damn, Carter and Moss were good too :36_11_6:

And actually that team had Az Hakeem, who for a couple years was the best 3rd option in the league...

All three were in their prime and Warner benefitted... Or, did they benefit?

add:

Giants 1H -3, +100; 2 units..

Played the Cards/Chargers teaser I mentioned in my first screen so have the Chargers at +13 left in that one..

Probably play the Chargers game if I see a 7 pop...6.5 at my shop now.

It was a combination of both. Warner was unreal and so was the trio of WR's the Rams had. Add Marshall Faulk and there you have it. It's possible that Bruce, Holt, Warner and Faulk could all enter the HOF.

Back