NFC Divisional Playoff Discussion: Vikings at Forty-Niners

This is a 2000 Ravens level type defense taking the field on Saturday.

Yeah alot of people thinking this team is trending downward I like what Saleh has done has this defense playing at its best in a long time, I personally don't see how Cousins will move the ball downfield

Yeah alot of people thinking this team is trending downward I like what Saleh has done has this defense playing at its best in a long time, I personally don't see how Cousins will move the ball downfield

They don’t appear to be trending down to me. They played a brutal schedule at end of year and have dealt with a ton of injuries on both sides the ball. Offense been healthy and defense appears to be getting guys back. Niners/ravens would be a great super bowl.

I'm going to be taking the points & playing ml again. Prob Vikings tt again. I know SF gets defensive players back but to me they have regressed. #1 wr got over on SF the whole 2ndh of the season. Jimmy G 1st playoff start and everyone thinks Cousins will choke. Cook is a tough out and if the run game gets going early for them, Cousins will work play action. Vikings D played a great game last week I think they can force sf into long 3rd situations. I think this is a closely played game and I wouldn't touch the under.
Save your money. They can't win.

Thielen looks questionable at best to play tomorrow after missing practice today
According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Vikings plan to keep Adam Thielen (questionable, ankle) "off his feet" until game time Saturday against the 49ers.
Thielen is fully expected to play in Saturday's Divisional Round game, though it sounds like he won't do much if anything prior to kickoff. Rapoport acknowledged the Vikings are unsure how Thielen's injury will affect him during the game or if his stitches (stemming from a cut he suffered at Wednesday's practice) will "hold up." Already entering a difficult road matchup against an elite Niners secondary, Thielen makes for an easy DFS fade.

Regardless of what happens tomorrow this is absolute rubbish

The 2000 Ravens would get spread out and picked apart in today's NFL #1. You can't really compare stats as it was a different era. BUT...

Both the Pats and the 9ers were DOMINANT to begin the season. Pats folded. 49ers gave way to injuries. But they were as dominant a defense we've seen and I think they are healthy again.

9ers have 7-8 defenders who you could argue are top 5 at their position starting tomorrow.

Yeah, I wasn't even sure which defense he was talking about. Niners gave up more points this year than the Vikings.

These defenses aren't close.

The 2000 Ravens would get spread out and picked apart in today's NFL #1. You can't really compare stats as it was a different era. BUT...

Both the Pats and the 9ers were DOMINANT to begin the season. Pats folded. 49ers gave way to injuries. But they were as dominant a defense we've seen and I think they are healthy again.

9ers have 7-8 defenders who you could argue are top 5 at their position starting tomorrow.

That ravens defense was thought of one of the best all time. Don’t see this Niners defense ever being talked about in same breath as them or the 85 bears. I don’t think their secondary nearly good enough to be talked about in the same regard. The front 7 very good but think that a huge stretch to compare them to those defenses.

Vikings TT o17.5 seems full 2 pts off based on line. 9ers at 26.5, 9 pts but line is 7?

seem worth a unit, similar to Saints game last week. Am I missing something?
TTs don't always match up. When it's around key numbers I think they go for something more enticing ...it's so rare in NFL to see a team land on 18 or 19 so that could be why.

The Pats finished the year #1 in DVOA (the only one that seems to really matter). SF finished #2, I’m just not sure what you mean the Pats faded and SF didn’t.

Don’t like we not sure about Vikings wrs but I am starting to grow fond of the over. 7 of niners last 8 have went over this number, most of them have flew by it. I fully expect niners to score 27 minimum. I think Vikings can get to 20.

SF is something like 1-11 their last 12 as a 6+ point favorite, and I think it’s 0-6 this year. I’m going to have to find the tweet to confirm.

Once they were -6, and once -6.5. All of the others were 7 or more.

Or did you mean the QB making first playoff start? That’s makes more sense, just checking.

I was talking about the first time starters. I imagine most of them are dogs.

The Pats finished the year #1 in DVOA (the only one that seems to really matter). SF finished #2, I’m just not sure what you mean the Pats faded and SF didn’t.

Well, I think the Pats were on course for a record setting #, no?

Anyway - sucks the Vikings got that first down. Would have been nice to see them tie the Raven’s 2000 record with 6 first downs in a game allowed. Especially after making such bold comparing the two.

I had 1 unit on the alternate line -20.5 for +500. Really thought I was going to get it, so slightly bummed. Still hit all my other Niners bets and my futures bet at +800 to win Super Bowl is looking better today. Can’t complain.

I had 1 unit on the alternate line -20.5 for +500. Really thought I was going to get it, so slightly bummed. Still hit all my other Niners bets and my futures bet at +800 to win Super Bowl is looking better today. Can’t complain.

ah, yes they were 21 better.

holding NFC 20-1 and SB 40-1 myself

Back