NFC Championship Game: Packers at Niners

First matchup was a little bit weird but also showed the Niner's dominance. First half the Pack had 8 drives, only moved it more than 10 yards once. 34 plays for 40 yards!! This led to the Niners having a massive field position edge. They also did a quick conversion on the only turnover of the game.

Packers went to a super short quick passing game in the 2nd half and got some rhythm going, but they were already down 23-zip at that point and still only punched in one TD out of three long possessions.

All that occurred with the Niners missing a couple of key guys on offense and defense. Line was Niners -3.

Despite all that, I kinda like the Pack to keep it close in this one. With all the Packer injuries last week, 7-7.5 seems lower than it should be. I wonder if the Pack can nickle and dime their way to a cover.

Last edited:
did Bulaga get hurt during the first meeting? Thought he did, but here are the inactives from that day and he's not on the list

GREEN BAY PACKERS
Inactives:
WR Ryan Grant, RB Dexter Williams, S Will Redmond, CB Ka’dar Hollman, OL Adam Pankey, and TE Jace Sternberger
Lineup Notes: None

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
Inactives: QB C.J. Beathard, PK Robbie Gould, WR Marquise Goodwin, RB Matt Breida, DE Dee Ford, OL Joe Staley, and TE Levine Toilolo

ahh i'd say this matters, especially against that awesome DL. I took GB in that one and sorta remember thinking it was over when he went out

The Green Bay Packers will be without starting right tackle Bryan Bulaga for the rest of Sunday night’s game in San Francisco.

The team ruled out Bulaga after he suffered a knee injury in the first quarter against the 49ers, leaving backup Alex Light to handle the work at right tackle for the final three quarters.

Bulaga’s injury happened when he got rolled up on from behind by tight end Robert Tonyan on a run play. He was examined in the blue medical tent before walking back to the locker room.

Bulaga, 30, started the team’s first 11 games. When healthy, he’s one of the game’s best right tackles, but he’s struggled with major injuries throughout his career.

did Bulaga get hurt during the first meeting? Thought he did, but here are the inactives from that day and he's not on the list

GREEN BAY PACKERS
Inactives:
WR Ryan Grant, RB Dexter Williams, S Will Redmond, CB Ka’dar Hollman, OL Adam Pankey, and TE Jace Sternberger
Lineup Notes: None

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
Inactives: QB C.J. Beathard, PK Robbie Gould, WR Marquise Goodwin, RB Matt Breida, DE Dee Ford, OL Joe Staley, and TE Levine Toilolo
Kwon Alexander also

Teams that have met during the regular season and lost by more than 20+ are 0-13 meeting again in the playoffs.

this is not accurate. Can think of 2 off the top of my head.

Oilers beat Chiefs 30-0 in 93 and Chiefs won in the playoffs.

Oilers beat Bills 27-3 in 92 and lost in the Reich comeback

I imagine there has to be more.

this is not accurate. Can think of 2 off the top of my head.

Oilers beat Chiefs 30-0 in 93 and Chiefs won in the playoffs.

Oilers beat Bills 27-3 in 92 and lost in the Reich comeback

I imagine there has to be more.

Thanks for reminding me...... just kidding - I wasn’t even born yet

the whole SF beat them by a ton in regular season so they'll do the same here logic doesn't hold much water at all to me.

2014- GB lost @ Sea 36-16 week 1. GB takes them to OT and loses 28-22 in ot.

2015- GB loses week 16 @Zona 38-8. GB loses another ot game @zona 26-20.

both closely played ot games. oddly enough next season it's reversed.

2016- GB loses @Atl week 8 33-32. They meet up again in the conf finals and GB gets popped 44-21.

I think it's clear that SF is the better all around team and that defensive front is as good as they come. If they stay turnover free I don't think they lose su (I'm holding a GB future), but I think it's more likely Jimmy G throws a pick and keeps this game closely played. They are still playing one of the all time great qbs and if Aaron Jones gets going they'll be tough to stop. SF secondary has been good but Davante Adams can still make the best of them look silly.

The over is my favorite play of the weekend. SF has so many options offensively to keep GB unbalanced. Deebo got over last week but it can easily come from Kittles or Sanders. I just think both teams are scoring tds in this one.

Outside of this forum, it appears most of the public bets are on the Packers. The idea that the Niners blew them out the first time, so they’ll do it again mentality hasn’t been adopted by the mainstream the way we all anticipated. The surprisingly not-so-obvious take here is that this game will be similar to the first game played this season. I fully expect a SF double digit win here, and surprisingly, I am definitely in the minority.

How does a KC SF ML Parlay and KC SF Tease not cash. It can’t be that easy right?
just place the tease at current line and buy 1/2 point - cheaper

also at least my opinion in the KC game I'd feel pretty safe teasing Titans up to +14

Aaron Rodgers has had a good career, but that dude has lost the eye of the tiger IMO. I don’t see him as being hungry (like, for example, Elway was late in his career). He can still sling it pretty good when he has time, but too quick to throw it into the ground or out of bounds when pressured. SF has the perfect defensive front to rattle him so my money will be on the home team. Crazy that in 2 trips to Cali this season (@LAC and @SF) GB has scored 0 points in the 1H and basically were blown out. Maybe too much scotch and hobnobbing with celebs on these trips for ARod.

just place the tease at current line and buy 1/2 point - cheaper

also at least my opinion in the KC game I'd feel pretty safe teasing Titans up to +14

I wouldn’t. Game has too high of a total for me to mess with it in a teaser. Could see anything happening.

Back