NEW MEXICO BOWL

Do we know of the 22 out are they starters? Offense or Defense?

If Defense that could be more scoring?

S--K had this in another thread. Looks like all-conf linebacker, and 2nd team DE. Also leading WR opted out.
Gosh I can see reasons for a play on he Under & Over. I guess I’ll wait until In game and make a live play, hopefully we’ll have a good turn out in the in game since this is the ONLY sports on today.

We are all gonna need some action to keep us interested.

Gosh I can see reasons for a play on he Under & Over. I guess I’ll wait until In game and make a live play, hopefully we’ll have a good turn out in the in game since this is the ONLY sports on today.

Live live live to see if either of these teams look flat. Hawaii is hard to trust on the mainland

Thinking we actually get a good competitive game for once today.

The last I read on the message boards last night was that 22 player figure is a collection of all player not playing, be that a guy who opted out in August or a player that got hurt week 1. There are a few ineligible players due to academics, but not all of them are. I think the Houston Chronicle had to correct their story in the rush to get the story out instead of verifying.

If none of the other 19 matter; losing 3 of who are among their 5 best players hurts (their only All-AAC players in Stevenson, Stuardand Peyton).

I like Hawaii as soon as I saw the matchup and can't think this in any way helps Cougs only hurts line value.

On a pregame call with reporters Wednesday, Holgorsen said the Cougars will be without 12 to 16 players for “a variety of reasons.” That number, presumably, includes three key players — defensive end Payton Turner, wide receiver Marquez Stevenson and linebacker Grant Stuard — who opted out of the game to begin preparations for the NFL draft.

Turner had a team-high five sacks and 10.5 tackles for loss in five games this season. Stevenson, arguably the fastest player on the roster, combined for 2,200 yards and 22 touchdowns the past three seasons. Stuard was UH’s leading tackler in 2019 and 2020.

Hard to know if the 12-16 players are before acadecmic ineligible guys were announced, or if the academic ineligible guys are among the 12-16 and the higher number from the 22 player story includes players from earlier in the year?

I'll dig around more.

We all know this "do not bet on injuries" right BAR. They often do have an impact and play a role, but if you like Houston I wouldn't let this totally flip you out of it. If you like Hawaii I wouldn't allow it to put more on it than you originally did.

I would bet Hawaii at a pick'em, but that is me. If you liked Houston and the line continues to drop on this news perhaps if you have enough reason to support your side regardless of player news you buy low.

Bet the side and team you like, don't bet the news.

The original story has been updated:
I'm past my article limit and can't read how they updated the wording.

Dana Holgorsen: 15 to 20 UH players will miss bowl game

Hawaii arrived Monday. So any potential news about players not making the trip likely would've surfaced by now. Their leading RB rusher entered the transfer portal, but for Hawaii I don't see that mattering.

Hard to know if the 12-16 players are before acadecmic ineligible guys were announced, or if the academic ineligible guys are among the 12-16 and the higher number from the 22 player story includes players from earlier in the year?

I'll dig around more.

We all know this "do not bet on injuries" right BAR. They often do have an impact and play a role, but if you like Houston I wouldn't let this totally flip you out of it. If you like Hawaii I wouldn't allow it to put more on it than you originally did.

I would bet Hawaii at a pick'em, but that is me. If you liked Houston and the line continues to drop on this news perhaps if you have enough reason to support your side regardless of player news you buy low.

Bet the side and team you like, don't bet the news.

Appreciate your insight. I’m not finding the #s I need to back the favorite. Think I’ll ride.

In cfb I dont believe they have to disclose info like they do in nfl

i know they don’t, just think it a bit ignorant and more than a tad disingenuous. There only one reason they getting those massive tv contracts and it not for the love of the game or fandom! Lol

Back