New Here, 1st time posting picks

Ruger35

Pretty much a regular
Last week I went 3-1 in college. Didn't get my picks in until late Saturday morning but I tried to get the best I could. Was really happy with the Arizona State pick. Have done this here and there but realizing I should have staggered my bets according to confidence.

Here's what I have this week, I welcome any advice or opinions!

Colorado +7.5 (Took ASU last week but think CU bounces back)
South Carolina +10
West Virginia -4.5
Kentucky +7
Kentucky +219 ML
Texas -4.5
Cal/Ole Miss Over 45
UNC -3
UHouston +5.5
Lousiville/FSU Over 59
Hometown Tigers (LSU) -23.5

Last edited:
Welcome.

LSU GETTING 23.5 ??
Are they playing the Patriots. ??
Good Luck. Hope you didn’t use it up with your ASU bet last week :mad:

Vanderbilt is 126th in the country in pass defense. Could be early points then using the rb rotation. I expect the defense to stay in man more than zone like they have been. I don't like laying that many points but haven't bet LSU all year, hoping for good luck on my wife's birthday lol.

Last week I went 3-1 in college. Didn't get my picks in until late Saturday morning but I tried to get the best I could. Was really happy with the Arizona State pick. Have done this here and there but realizing I should have staggered my bets according to confidence.

Here's what I have this week, I welcome any advice or opinions!

Colorado +7.5 (Took ASU last week but think CU bounces back)
South Carolina +10
West Virginia -4.5
Kentucky +7
Kentucky +219 ML
Texas -4.5
Cal/Ole Miss Over 45
UNC -3
UHouston +5.5
Lousiville/FSU Over 59
Hometown Tigers (LSU) +23.5

love the kentucky pick, why over on cal/ole miss?

looks like you have what I perceive as the value side in your picks.

Thing about Cal...all they know how to do is play defense. But sometimes...two good Ds equal over (not sure Ole Miss is good D, but vs Cal O should be good ) and sometimes too good Os equal under. Trust your gut and instincts.

looks like you have what I perceive as the value side in your picks.

Thing about Cal...all they know how to do is play defense. But sometimes...two good Ds equal over (not sure Ole Miss is good D, but vs Cal O should be good ) and sometimes too good Os equal under. Trust your gut and instincts.
Admittedly idk much about Cal this year, but I figured if anything will show up from a West coast team it's offense.

Admittedly idk much about Cal this year, but I figured if anything will show up from a West coast team it's offense.

Spending time here you will pick up alot of info, I have always learned alot from our friends here.

I try to be really hesitant to ever discourage somebody from a play they like so I don't want to do that here. But Cal arguably has the best D west of the Mississippi and certainly the best secondary and maybe best back 7.

They problem is they have one of the worst Os, certainly below average. They struggled to score 27 and 23 on UC Davis and North Texas. Under 300 yards vs a CUSA D last week. That's not saying they might not get into the mid/upper 20s again vs Ole Miss, just go into it with your eyes open.

Good luck on everything!

Spending time here you will pick up alot of info, I have always learned alot from our friends here.

I try to be really hesitant to ever discourage somebody from a play they like so I don't want to do that here. But Cal arguably has the best D west of the Mississippi and certainly the best secondary and maybe best back 7.

They problem is they have one of the worst Os, certainly below average. They struggled to score 27 and 23 on UC Davis and North Texas. Under 300 yards vs a CUSA D last week. That's not saying they might not get into the mid/upper 20s again vs Ole Miss, just go into it with your eyes open.

Good luck on everything!

Maybe you should have posted that before I placed the bet...LOL. We will see, usually I don't put too much stock into Pac-12 defenses doing well early. Ole Miss isn't the best test, but may be the best they have seen so far. Probably one of my riskier wagers.

It's fine. Like I said trust yourself...I'd rather lose a bet I liked instead of not taking it on somebody else's advice and potentially seeing it win.

Hope everything goes great for you.

Maybe you should have posted that before I placed the bet...LOL. We will see, usually I don't put too much stock into Pac-12 defenses doing well early. Ole Miss isn't the best test, but may be the best they have seen so far. Probably one of my riskier wagers.

Cal d is absolutely legit, certainly doesn’t mean the game can’t go over just something I would prob look to change my perception on going forward.

Welcome and gl this week.

Seeing the line has moved to 41.5 for the Cal game...made me do some research on their defense. Thanks for heads up guys.

Those low ass ncaa totals often find a way over regardless how strong the d’s are tho.. couple turnovers and a special teams play all it really takes w few big plays sprinkled in. I should know, been burnt taking many a under in that range! Lol.

Ol piss offense looked much better against arky and last week, dunno how much of that was Razorbacks sucking or rich rod figuring out what his qb strengths are?

Back