Nebraska -5.5 @ Oklahoma State...(where you at jimmyd???)

Aztec4Life

Montezuma Mesa Survivor
Oklahoma State hasn't held anyone below 30 points in 4 straight weeks! I don't really see anything changing this time around, and now they're facing a much better defense in Nebraska who was all over McCoy last week.

I've also heard rumors that the Cowboys QB is nicked up, and there's a chance he might not play. Is this true?...

I'm already on Nebraska -5.5. Oklahoma State may be good for 2-3 TDs, but Nebraska should be good for at least 5 IMO.

Thoughts fellas?...

:cheers:

I like this road favorite along with Tennessee this week.

Can't find any conversation on that game though.

Aztecs baby! Going for 2 in a row this weekend.

Aztec, Jimmyd has already commented on this game in RJ's thread.
smoke.gif

For what it is worth, I have $500 on Nebraska -5.5 myself.

repost here...

OSU's QB practiced Monday and says he feels better by the day.

STILLWATER -- Oklahoma State quarterback Bobby Reid, who sustained a possible concussion during last week's overtime loss to Texas A&M, was able to practice on Monday and is expected to start against 20th-ranked Nebraska on Saturday.
With 10:14 remaining in the first half of the A&M game, Reid was tackled by Aggie linebacker Mark Dodge. Reid's head was slammed into the Boone Pickens Stadium turf. He was helped from the field by medical personnel and taken to a Stillwater hospital.
Reid returned to the stadium during the third period and watched from the training room as backup quarterback Zac Robinson threw three touchdown passes. The Cowboys lost in overtime.
"I felt had I been there, we probably would have won the game," Reid said on Monday. "It was an unfortunate event."
Reid, the Big 12 leader in pass efficiency, said he expressed a desire to return to the game, but doctors nixed that possibility.
Robinson took most of the snaps on Monday, but Reid predicted he would practice at full speed on Tuesday.

Regardless of the above, OSU is a heart breaker this yr, 31-27 @ K St in last sec, 34-33 to Tx A&M in OT on blocked xtr pt. They are home for this but the fans have just about given up, looking for next yr. Nebr is the correct call here. Can't see Okie St, regardless of the hype about the off, being able to out duel the Huskers here. And, it was a concussion, so, you don't get over those in a week. The only problem, Reid may be on a short leash this game, backup QB Zac Robinson showed some flashes with 3 tds and will be better prepared this week, just in case. Me, I'm playin Nebr.

Also, Tulsa opened at -15 and is down to -14. This is more correct. DO NOT play above 2 tds. UTEP is wounded, but still dangerous with QB Palmer running things. A fri ESPN2 game, expect the Miners to give their all in this game. TU is better defensively, but this game has trap written on it. 2TDs will be hard to cover.

I like this road favorite along with Tennessee this week.

Can't find any conversation on that game though.

Aztecs baby! Going for 2 in a row this weekend.

Good to hear.. I'm also on those 2 ... heavier on the Huskers and those Blackshirts. Think they both have a great shot to ca$h.

And...

Nebr may be a POW, but waiting for todays news confr to come out. Word I'm hearing this p.m. is Robinson is getting most of the snaps in practice.

Also, TU jr WR/RB Cauvey Jackson quit team, lack of playing time. Was a RB who shifted to WR because of depth, but injuries hit the TU RBs, was shifted back. Is somewhat of a loss, but not major. RBs are getting healed and almost back to full strength. WR has depth now.

Not much has changed at OSU this week. QB Reid is expected to start, but QB Robinson has prepared to take over if needed.

Not a POW at this point, but still like Nebr to cover. Will hit the bars tonite to get latest info. Hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. My barkeeper is an ex-snapper for Reid. Keeps me updated on the lastest. Have learned, if you really really want know whats going on with the offense, ask the Center.

Some teams lose confidence after a tough loss, but NU picked up confidence after playing Texas toe-to-toe last weekend. They think they can play with Texas, and the only way that transpires again is to run the table the remainder of the conference schedule. I like them to be focused and their balance against an overmatched OSU team leads to a 37-24 win.

Back