NCAAF Week 6

Temple/East Carolina Over 59 -110 (1 unit)
I've been eyeballing this one but Temple is so bad on offense. Do you think they can put up 30 plus here against the sieve ECU D? Curious on your thoughts in this one, and who you like on the side as well. GL CK.

I've been eyeballing this one but Temple is so bad on offense. Do you think they can put up 30 plus here against the sieve ECU D? Curious on your thoughts in this one, and who you like on the side as well. GL CK.
I think the Temple offense is better than what we've seen. There certainly couldn't be a better FBS defense to play than ECU, IMO. Look at the defenses they have played so far and their output has been explicable. Armstead is actually a very good RB that prob will play in NFL and I think there is real potential for him to go nuts here against an ECU defense thats giving up 6.23 ypc and has allowed 17 TD on the ground. This is really the perfect opponent for Temple to get at this point and their offense has been so bad that we got a depressed total. Very few teams would we still be able to get a number in 50's with ECU playing. Throw in fact it's 59 which is key number in what could be a close game and I'm in. On the other side, the ECU offense is going to score and I think now that theyve settled with Sirk they are going to be a tough offense to see down stretch. All of that to say - key number in close game with 59, depressed total due to tough defenses Temple has seen and a team like ECU that is prob best in country right now to get into a shootout with. I made total 64. No real opinion on side.

I think the Temple offense is better than what we've seen. There certainly couldn't be a better FBS defense to play than ECU, IMO. Look at the defenses they have played so far and their output has been explicable. Armstead is actually a very good RB that prob will play in NFL and I think there is real potential for him to go nuts here against an ECU defense thats giving up 6.23 ypc and has allowed 17 TD on the ground. This is really the perfect opponent for Temple to get at this point and their offense has been so bad that we got a depressed total. Very few teams would we still be able to get a number in 50's with ECU playing. Throw in fact it's 59 which is key number in what could be a close game and I'm in. On the other side, the ECU offense is going to score and I think now that theyve settled with Sirk they are going to be a tough offense to see down stretch. All of that to say - key number in close game with 59, depressed total due to tough defenses Temple has seen and a team like ECU that is prob best in country right now to get into a shootout with. I made total 64. No real opinion on side.
Thanks for your thoughts CK, greatly appreciated. I do agree about ECU being able to score and figure them for 30+ here. Temple running game did improve some against Houston and like you said ECU is probably the perfect D to jump start their offense against.

Keep killing man. Unreal start, very impressed. I'm cracking up on the AF/Navy total opener. Can't blame you for pounding the shit out of that under.

Good luck this week!

The under has gone 28-7 since 2005 in all games a service academy played each other. The highest total since 05 was 64 (and the only one lined over 60) and that went way under. Honestly don't get how it ever opened so high. I took 52 and still feel good about it.

The under has gone 28-7 since 2005 in all games a service academy played each other. The highest total since 05 was 64 (and the only one lined over 60) and that went way under. Honestly don't get how it ever opened so high. I took 52 and still feel good about it.
Thanks!

This is the 50th meeting. If we assume 62/63 was total each game the under is 47-2

FYI it's starting to be widely reported that Iowa State QB Jacob park did not make the trip to Norman. Newly minted linebacker, Joel Lanning (20 tackles last week), will likely start at QB and play both ways. If you are reading this, we have time traveled back to 1972.

Ha, that would actually be pretty cool if Lanning did still play D after playing QB as well in the same game. Seems a little too physically and mentally demanding in today's game. He has to just play QB then right, and their D will be worse off for it?

Ha, that would actually be pretty cool if Lanning did still play D after playing QB as well in the same game. Seems a little too physically and mentally demanding in today's game. He has to just play QB then right, and their D will be worse off for it?
I think he will play both ways. Would anticipate we see a good bit of David Montgomery as Wildcat (He was a great QB in HS) and also his childhood friend, Deshaunte Jones (Also a HS QB) who is a supremely talented, but underutilized slot WR for them. The lack of creativity we saw on offense from them last week with a full cupboard gives me major concern how they come up with a gameplan this week without a QB they asked to throw it 48 times last week. I would imagine Montgomery sees a LOTTTT of touches which is what should happen every game.

FYI it's starting to be widely reported that Iowa State QB Jacob park did not make the trip to Norman. Newly minted linebacker, Joel Lanning (20 tackles last week), will likely start at QB and play both ways. If you are reading this, we have time traveled back to 1972.
What?!

This for real?

What?!

This for real?
Now being reported that Kyle Kempt will start. Former Oregon State player then transferred to JC and now at ISU. Not really any live reps under his belt. Wouldn't surprise me to see 3 or more guys get some snaps at QB.

So you heard about this Thursday, wonder when ISU staff knew and practice reps were adjusted?

Now being reported that Kyle Kempt will start. Former Oregon State player then transferred to JC and now at ISU. Not really any live reps under his belt. Wouldn't surprise me to see 3 or more guys get some snaps at QB.

This is tremendous and as an ISU fan I really, really want to see Lanning play both ways

I heard Park stayed home yesterday, he's borderline psychotic

Any Montgomery props?

And as for the academy openers ... the books have opened it too high just about every time the last bunch of years. It's been pretty hilarious. At some point, you would think they learn that lesson because it gets pounded down and all numbers usually win. Why not go a few points intentionally low one time just to see how it feels?

Any Montgomery props?

And as for the academy openers ... the books have opened it too high just about every time the last bunch of years. It's been pretty hilarious. At some point, you would think they learn that lesson because it gets pounded down and all numbers usually win. Why not go a few points intentionally low one time just to see how it feels?

I haven't seen any yet. I've got him going in couple fantasy leagues and think he does well.

Agree. I'm not mad they keep screwing the CIC totals up but it just makes no sense to me how they do it year after year. This year was particularly inexplicable and egregious.

Props:

David Montgomery Over 82.5 rushing yards -120 (2 units)

Greg Dortch Over 4.5 receptions -120 (1 unit)
Greg Dortch Over 51.5 rec yards -120 (1 unit)

Back