NCAAF Week 14

I’ve been pretty critical of them and no stranger to fading them this year but this isn’t a great matchup for Bama, imo. Only team they’ve faced, to this point, with the combo of capable passing attack and strong run game that can keep Bama guessing.

Other than Clemson imo uga the only team that can match up with Bama athletes. 13 seems like a awful lot to give a uga team that had Bama dead to rights last year before Tua came in.

Congrats on the incredible season and thanks for taking the time to share as you have helped me immensely!!
This. I have treaded around 60% over the years. I was out of pocket this year and followed along. My intentions were to attempt to figure out your thinking. I wiped your GOYs out of the way. No way we would see anything similar. But, made money without my programming. Just a simple xcel spreadsheet. Have to say, haven’t figured it out but don’t cares. So, thank you for the ride.

Agree with you. I think Bama handles them pretty easily. Just no confidence that Georgia can score enough to stay competitive. I think we'll see something like 38-17.
Jimmy: good seeing you around. Haven't seen you posting plays in awhile.. do you still post them and i've just been missing them/your threads, or are you not doing that anymore.. you were $$, esp. w/Bama games.

Also, how confident are you in Bama covering this spread vs UGA? Best Bet material?

This. I have treaded around 60% over the years. I was out of pocket this year and followed along. My intentions were to attempt to figure out your thinking. I wiped your GOYs out of the way. No way we would see anything similar. But, made money without my programming. Just a simple xcel spreadsheet. Have to say, haven’t figured it out but don’t cares. So, thank you for the ride.
If you figure it out, let me know!

Props:

Elijah Holyfield Under 74.5 rush yards -115 (1 unit)
Henry Ruggs Over 3 receptions +100 (1 unit)
Jake Fromm Over 185.5 passing yards +100 (1 unit)

Jimmy: good seeing you around. Haven't seen you posting plays in awhile.. do you still post them and i've just been missing them/your threads, or are you not doing that anymore.. you were $$, esp. w/Bama games.

Also, how confident are you in Bama covering this spread vs UGA? Best Bet material?

I haven't really been "posting" plays, but I'm on the chalk trifecta of Bama, Clemson & OSU this week. Really don't like much in the NFL, but I still may bite on the Packers.

I'm very confident in a Bama cover. Don't make it complicated. Georgia's offense versus the Bama defense cannot score with Tua versus Georgia's defense. We all know it, so let's make it happen!

@Frank Costanza RE: Egg Bowl Nastiness

I think you have to understand a bit about the state of mississippi. Firstly, outside of Ole Miss or Miss State football, you got nothing as a sports fan. You can be a Braves fan in baseball or something similar but it's not like the masses find their identity in that the way they do being a fan of their CFB team. I think identity is the key principle for what makes this so heated. When you feel your identity is being challenged or at stake, it's nearly impossible to not take things personally. There is a clear dicotomy in class stereotype for each fan base. Ole miss are the rich, stuck up, pretentious, doctors, lawyers, business professionals which the Grove experience exemplifies. Miss State are the ignorant, poor, red neck, low-class farmers. You could literally drive by Starkville or their stadium and miss it. All throughout history we can see conflict between various socioeconomic and racial classes. Both of those very much exist in this rivalry. Mississippi, as a state, is dirt poor, ass backwards in their policies, and one of the most disgustingly racist places in America. I believe they are 50 years behind the majority of the USA in many areas. It is rife with corruption. It starts at the very highest level of their government and trickles down all the way to lowest rung of the caste. We've gotten a few glimpses in recent years to the cheating that both programs have been involved in. I can assure you, that's a thimble's worth in an ocean of it. Only thing worse than losing is believing you lost because the other side cheated and it wasn't a fair fight. So I think that really has both a direct and indirect impact on the state, and the people. Lotta bitterness, for lotta good reasons. Another more pure football reason is that more often than not, this game was the only game of significance for either team. Miss St, in particular, has been so historically bad that there are many seasons where the quality of their year was only determined by their success in this game. Keep in mind they are already perceived to be second class citizens in the state by the more affluent Ole Miss contingent. If you are so singularly focused on the outcome of what happens in a 60 minute game and things go south, it's easy to see why tempers spiral out of control. Both rosters are primarily populated with players that grew up in the state, battling as high school players and being immersed in grandad's and dad's stories about why the other side sucks. It's personal. Back to my previous point, this was Ole Miss' whole season this year. Nothing else mattered and they got embarassed. We got another brawl as a result. I think the number one way to hurt someone is to do something or say something that challenges or damages their identity. If you'll allow me, whether or not you believe biblical stories, it will help illustrate a point. There is a story where satan and Jesus are in direct conflict. You look at the consistent theme of that exchange and satan is pressing one button. "If you are really the Son of God...". Challenging his identity. Let's say for example one of us that like to bet sports gets too wrapped up in betting. It becomes a part of who we are as opposed to just something we do. It becomes a part of our identity. Very dangerous. Then let's say some life circumstance changes and you can no longer bet anymore or maybe you still can bet but you go from being a big winner to a loser. If being a bettor is who you are, your life can crumble in a hurry. It feels as if part of the fiber of your being is stripped away. if that's where you find much of your self worth and approval for yourself or from others, either of those circumstances can be devastating. If it's not a part of your identity and it's just an activity that yoiu enjoy, you can grieve the loss of it for a bit and keep living a fulfilled life. Again, I think that too much identity is being found by both fan bases here and a result of that and the other aforementioned circumstances, it just has turned into a game that is really fueled by a lot of hatred and pain. My .02c.

Webster Co. sheriff arrested on multiple felony charges
http://www.starkvilledailynews.com/node/125206

STARKVILLE, MS
Webster County's highest law enforcement official was arrested by state investigators Wednesday and charged with a long list of felonies ranging from tampering with evidence to sexual contact with an inmate.

In a press release on Wednesday morning, the Mississippi Department of Public Safety and the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation announced that Webster County Sheriff Timothy Seth Mitchell, 53, was charged with two counts of embezzlement; two counts of trafficking in stolen firearms; one count of attempting sex and/or sexual acts with an inmate; one count of tampering with physical evidence; three counts of retaliation against a witness; one count of permitting possession and/or sale of controlled substance in jail; and two counts of furnishing an inmate with weapons, cell phone, and narcotics.

At the time of his arrest, the Eupora native was serving his second term as county sheriff.

If convicted, Mitchell faces a minimum of nine years and a maximum of 152 years, along with fines up to $102,000, for the 12 felony counts.

Mitchell is currently in the custody of the Lafayette County Sheriff’s Department pending his initial appearance.

The SDN's news partner, WTVA News, previously reported that Mitchell tendered his resignation to the Webster County Board of Supervisors earlier this month, citing health reasons for his decision to step down.

He was officially set to retire on Jan. 2, 2019, with a replacement to be named by the county before the end date.

Webster Co. sheriff arrested on multiple felony charges
http://www.starkvilledailynews.com/node/125206

STARKVILLE, MS
Webster County's highest law enforcement official was arrested by state investigators Wednesday and charged with a long list of felonies ranging from tampering with evidence to sexual contact with an inmate.

In a press release on Wednesday morning, the Mississippi Department of Public Safety and the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation announced that Webster County Sheriff Timothy Seth Mitchell, 53, was charged with two counts of embezzlement; two counts of trafficking in stolen firearms; one count of attempting sex and/or sexual acts with an inmate; one count of tampering with physical evidence; three counts of retaliation against a witness; one count of permitting possession and/or sale of controlled substance in jail; and two counts of furnishing an inmate with weapons, cell phone, and narcotics.

At the time of his arrest, the Eupora native was serving his second term as county sheriff.

If convicted, Mitchell faces a minimum of nine years and a maximum of 152 years, along with fines up to $102,000, for the 12 felony counts.

Mitchell is currently in the custody of the Lafayette County Sheriff’s Department pending his initial appearance.

The SDN's news partner, WTVA News, previously reported that Mitchell tendered his resignation to the Webster County Board of Supervisors earlier this month, citing health reasons for his decision to step down.

He was officially set to retire on Jan. 2, 2019, with a replacement to be named by the county before the end date.
Unreal. Made me think of this... Want to get really pissed off, whilst being highly entertained? Listen to “In the Dark” Season 2 podcast.

Back