NCAAF Week 1

Texas/Maryland props:
Collin Johnson Over 47.5 rec yards -110 (1 unit)
Collin Johnson Over 3.5 rec -110 (1 unit)
Devin Duvernay Over 42.5 rec yards -110 (1 unit)
DJ Moore over 3.5 rec +110 (1 unit)

FWIW, 5dimes had DJ Moore Over 3 rec at -115. I would prefer that option but already bet 3.5 +110

CK what are your thoughts on the Bama game?
Everything seems about right. I think the prop I played on Tate is by far best option in that game. Think the keys are how the FSU OL holds up. If they have improved a lot and Bama feels those NFL losses up front I think FSU has a real shot because of their defense. I worry specifically about one player on Bama's defense and that is Diggs, who moved from WR to DB in the spring and was the victim of many of the vertical passing gashes in the televised spring game. I think he can grow into a very good player but I worry about him in this one - my guess is Jimbo targets him early and often (hopefully with Tate for a 35 harder that leads to a punt!). Hard to see where 50 points come from but with all that track speed on a track surface, I won't pickle the beast.

Everything seems about right. I think the prop I played on Tate is by far best option in that game. Think the keys are how the FSU OL holds up. If they have improved a lot and Bama feels those NFL losses up front I think FSU has a real shot because of their defense. I worry specifically about one player on Bama's defense and that is Diggs, who moved from WR to DB in the spring and was the victim of many of the vertical passing gashes in the televised spring game. I think he can grow into a very good player but I worry about him in this one - my guess is Jimbo targets him early and often (hopefully with Tate for a 35 harder that leads to a punt!). Hard to see where 50 points come from but with all that track speed on a track surface, I won't pickle the beast.

Diggs and Levi Wallace have been splitting first team reps at CB all week in practice. Not sure if it's because they want to move Diggs around in nickel and dime (unlikely), know they will need to rest Diggs some since he is our primary return guy (probable), or they don't fully trust him (also possible). Wallace is a former walk-on, but earned a scholly last season and played pretty well when called upon.

I think if Alabama can run the ball, Hurts won't have to do much. Having a healthy Scarborough is huge. He had success against both Washington and Clemson last season, and those 2 DLs match up favorably with FSU's DL. I worry that Hurts is JT Barrett redux, so I hope to be proven wrong when it comes to his ability to read defenses and make passes in the intermediate and deep.

I'm excited to see this defense tonight. All I've heard is that this is easily Saban's fastest defense at Alabama. Not sure what that translates as to production on the field compared to our more recent units, but I hope it means we continue to be able to pressure the QB and defend the spread elements we will see throughout the year. Saban seems pretty pleased with this team and the prep work so far, so I think we are ready. Oddly, this is our 3rd game in Atlanta since our last game in Tuscaloosa

Glad it worked out, fellas!

Got the number I wanted:

Western Carolina +22 v. Hawaii -110 (1 unit)

Such a great bet, i was listening to game on radio and driving when i heard his long catch and then td. I was smiling to myself.
Thanks - It was a painful bet to win as a Bama fan but it was the recipe I would have gone with as well. Surprised he didnt get more 50/50s. That is about the only thing I can think of that has been the standard when a team beats Bama.

Back