NCAAF National Championship Game - Ohio State vs Oregon. JAN 12th. 2015

How is Oregon D on avoiding long pass plays. I know these stats are out there for us fantasy nerds to figure out stuff in NFL, but harder to come by in college. Lets be honest, offensively OSU is going to take their deep shots routinely as Jones is a much better vertical than intermediate passer. He dangerously throws the ball on hooks and slants and Bama should have had a couple of huge picks in that game. Zone read and deep shots is the OSU ammo. Containing Smith deep is a must.

How is Oregon D on avoiding long pass plays. I know these stats are out there for us fantasy nerds to figure out stuff in NFL, but harder to come by in college. Lets be honest, offensively OSU is going to take their deep shots routinely as Jones is a much better vertical than intermediate passer. He dangerously throws the ball on hooks and slants and Bama should have had a couple of huge picks in that game. Zone read and deep shots is the OSU ammo. Containing Smith deep is a must.

I thought Jones was better throwing vertical between the hash marks and slightly outside. Closer he got to the numbers I thought he looked very shaky. Oregon should take that away.

it's hard to take it away with their run game. You can't just stay in a 2 high safety look all game on early downs. Ohio will run the ball and throw the bubbles too well for that.

They are undefeated when smith catches a TD in his four year career...it's essential they hit one to him

We can play this game all day Imo. Barrett was second string vs vtech. Oregon missed 3 starters on oline vs AZ.

People really need to quit with the fsu yardage. Yardage don't win football games. Points do.

So true. Points win games. You're right - we can debate back and forth but in this case I think the Buckeyes are the better team. When a team is out-gained it can show that some wins were influenced by the turnovers.

What is most impressive about the Buckeyes is that there was no drop off on offense when starting any of the three qb's. More impressive, is that Jones couldn't have faced two tougher opponents in Wisconsin and Alabama.

I'm still confident that there is nothing that the Ducks can do to surprise the Buckeyes. Urban has pretty much seen every type of offensive scheme there is from the years in Florida and when you really look at what they did to Alabama, they never appeared concerned during the game.

pretty sure they were concerned when they had 25 yds on 17 plays over 4 drives in the 3rd and 4th qtrs.

I didn't realize that tOSU hadn't started school until I read that today. What a huge advantage for the Bucks. That is an edge that is difficult to over-state. 50% of what is tough about playing Oregon is the schematic stuff and making sure you get lined up properly on defense. 40 hrs a week of film and practice will be a huge benefit.
no it isn't

see past performance

I'm playing Oregon in this one. tOSU defense will have a much tougher time with Mariotta than the did against Simms. There really is no comparison between the two. Oregon is gonna get their points and I just dont see Jones keeping up against Mariotta like that. My money is on Jones to make the critical mistakes.

I like Jones too by the way. I think he is a future superstar, maybe Heisman next year. But this is the type of game where experience plays a huge role in performance.

I was all over tOSU in the sugar bowl and the only person in our local Bowl Pool to pick them SU against Bama. I still believe the difference between Bama and Oregon is bigger than most people think and Oregon pulls away late. GL on your plays.

And now Carrington not making the trip due to weed, I'd imagine that will effect the line, not necessarily the end result.

Not a ruined life ... but wow at letting weed screw you like that ... poor fella.

Agreed.

Regardless of my thoughts on pot, they know the rule and they know they're going to be tested (or that it's possible as they may be random)....there is no excuse for failing a drug test during the season. Just selfishness and stupidity.

So true. Points win games. You're right - we can debate back and forth but in this case I think the Buckeyes are the better team. When a team is out-gained it can show that some wins were influenced by the turnovers.

What is most impressive about the Buckeyes is that there was no drop off on offense when starting any of the three qb's. More impressive, is that Jones couldn't have faced two tougher opponents in Wisconsin and Alabama.

I'm still confident that there is nothing that the Ducks can do to surprise the Buckeyes. Urban has pretty much seen every type of offensive scheme there is from the years in Florida and when you really look at what they did to Alabama, they never appeared concerned during the game.

Should be a good one:shake:

top 3 wr's out for Oregon basically with Phraoah Brown, now the two starting corners.

Stupid ass kids.

stupid asses letting their team down. when they get older he's gotta remember how he couldn't play because he smoked some weed. man.

Like first half. - even with 2 turnovers. Buckeyes should have been up by at least another 10 points. Hope they get some turnovers back in the 2nd half.

Nice when it works out!

Way to go, Capping Genius...great bowl season.

Off the top of my head, going back to the start of the Chip Kelly era, whenever Oregon loses, the total stays well under.

The blueprint to beating Oregon is simple. Hold onto the ball. Run it down their throats. Control TOP. Keep Mariota and co. on the bench and don't let them get into their groove. Dictate the pace. OSU has the personnel on offense to do this.

I'm going to watch this total soar (everyone will be on the over) and take a small stab at an OSU ML parlay with the under.

Back