NCAAF Friday/Saturday

Marlo

Check out my DAD BOD
18-12 +12.1u
22-18 +10
40-30-22.1u

South Florida -3 1.2-1 1u P

Last weeks tilt with South Florida/Central Florida matchup was alot more lopsided than it seemed. South Florida owned them on total yardage, and had 3 mental mistakes with 2 turnovers, and a huge kick return for a TD. The thing that impresses me the most is on 28 rushing attempts SF's D only allowed 2.7 ypc. This game was a 24-10 game, until the 4th quarter where SF fell asleep before eventually scoring a TD in OT to secure the win. Kansas has played two no-name teams, and has looked ok in both games. SF D has only allowed a little over 300 yards in 2 games this year. I know Reesing is a stud, but so is Selvie, and I can see him and the rest of USF defense keeping him in check for 60 minutes.

California -14.5 3.3-3 L

So who is going to stop Baby Bush on Maryland? Maryland is pretty one dimensional, and Cal has allowed 1.7 ypc against Wazz, and 2.7 against Javon Ringer and Michigan St. As SH said just not enough fire power for Maryland to compete in this game. Game could easily end, 35-7, 28-3. I like Cal to cover here by at least 3 TDs. The only thing that may affect them is the cross country trek they are making for a early game. But like I said to much vs. to little.

Penn State/Syracuse Over 50 1.1-1 W
Penn State TT over 38.5 1.1-1 W
Penn State 1st quarter -6.5 1.1-1 W

Penn State could cover this total by themselves. This is there first road game of the year, but in there 2 home games they have scored 111 points. Cuse allowed Northwestern 400+ yards from scrimmage and were terrible on defense giving up 6.1 ypc. They also allowed Akron to rack up 4.7ypc. Breakdown the box scores, the Orange are 6-22 on 3rd down conversions. Penn State should get out to an early lead here, and coast to the victory. To much turmoil going down in Cuse right now.

Iowa St. +13.5 2.2-2 W
Rivalry game among rivalry games. Iowa comes into this game, just like in years past they smoke there first couple of opponents and then get ISU at home. Granted Iowa has revenge on the mind, after ISU kicked a FG to take home the CY-HAWK trophy. Iowa is the better team, but ISU keeps it close.

Boise St -16.5 1.1-1
Team that likes to win and cover the spread at home. Will probable blindly follow them at home all year. Don't have alot to say here, but BG played terrible against Minnesota and turned the ball over quite a few times. Boise's crowd is one of the best in the business.

UL Lafayette +25.5 1.1-1 W
Zook has bascially said that this is a warm up game for them in their last non-conference showdown before the Big 10 season starts. Zook and the head coach at ULL are old buddies from there days as assistant coaches at Virginia Tech. Illy lost to Missouri and beat Eastern Illinois, but Williams didn't play that great. There defense has been a little suspect in both of there games. ULL has a good 1-2 running attack with there QB/RB. Defensively ULL has some challenges with Illy, but I just don't see Illy come out in full force and blow out ULL by 4 scores.

Memphis/Marshall over 59 1.1-1 L
Expect a high scoring shootout. Watched Marshall last week, and they played well for 30 minutes, until 3 straight turnovers in the 3rd quarter against Wisky. Wisky was able to score following all 3 TO, and they lost all of there confidence. Memphis D is suspect allowing 45 and 31 in there first 2 games. Marshall proved to me they can put up the points, and I know Memphis will score a few to help this total go over.

Georgia/South Carolina Under 44 5.5-5 W
Both can be considered the two best in the SEC, and possibly in the country. Spurrier has had over 10 days to anticipate this big matchup. Georgia has pummeled both of there opponents this year. Points will be tough to get, Spurrier held Georgia without a TD in there BIG win last year. See a tough smash mouth football game, where points will be tough to come by. Under is 10-0 the last 10 meetings.

Rice +8.5 1.1-1 L
Dr. Bob this Dr. Bob that. I have seen enough doctors over the last few days that they all can fuck themselves. Nah I respect the guys opinion, but I have liked Rice when the line came out. This tilt has two teams that have completely different styles. Vandy loves to run the ball, and Rice loves to air it out. Vandy is coming in feeling good after there big upset over SC. Rice is coming in after scoring 3 times in the 4th quarter to beat Memphis. I like Vandy to win the game, but I don't think you can count out Chase Clement and that offense. This team can put up points in bunches. I know I have heard alot of people touting Vandy's D, but they played SC (a team still trying to find there QB, and there offensive identity) as well as Miami of Ohio. Both SC and Miami Ohion struggled with Turning the ball over. If Rice can keep from making mental mistakes, I like them to stay within 2 scores here.

LSU -41.5 3.3-3 L

Good vs Bad. LSU rested and ready to play. Kansas a team not as good this year as last beat North Texas in their home opener 45-6. LSU is 8-3 ATS as 30pt or more Favs the last 5 years (8-1 @ home) (0-2 Away). Just playing the numbers here.

SMU +36.5 3.3-3 W
Horn has touched on this game quite a bit. I watched SMU play Rice, I wasn't overly impressed, but June Jones has this squad on the right path. They have a huge confidence boost coming into this game, after dismantling 1-AA Texas State last Saturday. TT beat Nevada, but asking them to cover 6 scores here is alot. Both teams should score alot of points. With Ike coming into Texas tomorrow morning, the weather in that state will be all messed up. There calling for Rain tonight, and all day tomorrow in Lubbock.

Central Michigan -3.5 3.3-3 L
Ohio almost beat OSU!!!! Fuck that, OSU had a big game against USC on deck. OSU played just hard enough to win the game. Also Ohio's QB Theo Scott broke his collar bone so he wont be playing. Enough of the boys that I trust are on this game. Will play it myself.

TCU -14 2.2-2 W
Stanford is not a good team. They are very one dimensional on the offensive end. Looking at there first two games, they beat Oregon State and lose to ASU. In both games they ran the ball almost 3x as much as they threw the ball. They were tied with Oregon State 20-20 in the 3rd quarter when they got a safety, and took the lead 22-20, and scored on the following possession. They also a returned a INT for a TD in the 4th quarter of that game. Arizona St had there way with them on the offensive end. TCU has one of the most dominant defenses in the country, and they are really dominant at home. TCU has dominated both of there opponents this year, and there defense only has allowed 10pts. Stanford is not the same team that Upset USC last year. This game got moved up in time to a 12pm start due to Hurricane Ike. The forecast calls for rain and thunderstorms all day tomorrow. I have alot more faith in TCU's rushing attack behind there O-Line than Stanfords running attack. I watched the TCU/New Mexico St tilt where I laid a td with TCU on the road. I liked what I saw.
Below are some quick little tidbits for you.
  • Horned Frogs are 8-3-1 ATS in their last 12 games following a S.U. win.
  • Horned Frogs are 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games following a SU win of more than 20 points.
  • Horned Frogs are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 non-conference games.
  • Horned Frogs are 36-16 ATS in their last 52 home games.
DEFENDING THEIR HOME
*Since 1999, TCU is 45-6 in its last 51 home games at Amon G. Carter Stadium.
*TCU has recorded three shutouts in its past nine home dates.
*Dating back to the 2005 campaign, the Frogs have held the opposition without a touchdown in seven of their last 15 home games.
*In their last 10 home contests, the Frogs have outscored their opponents 346-80 (an average margin of 35-8).
*Only four of TCU's last 14 home opponents have rushed for more than 55 yards.
*In its last three home games, TCU has limited its opponents to 43 yards rushing (14.3 per game) on 65 attempts (0.7 per carry).

UCONN -9.5 2.6-2 W
Uconn played a tough game last week at Temple. They barely escaped as 7pt fav. Uconn's defense has shut down there first 2 opponents. They have allowed 167 yards rushing in 2 games on 60 carries. They have allowed only 7 first downs in there first 2 games. Virginia comes on the road without there starting QB who was suspended from this game. The starter has taken 1 snap in his career. Anytime you have a first time quarterback you have a high % chance of making mistakes. Either that or they will try to run the ball alot. Either way UCONN's Defense should have there way with Virginia. UCONN is lead on offense by Donald Brown, who has games of 23/146/4 and 36/214/1 under his belt. Virginia coming into this season had question marks on there defense. They gave up 550 yards to USC and 197 to Richmond.

Georgia Tech +7 1.2-1 W
Georgia Tech ML .50-1.2 L
Do not turn over the ball, do not turn over the ball. If GT doesn't turn over the ball, they can cover this number and quite possibly win SU. Beamer has taken heat from the alumni and the fans about how poor his offense is playing this year. V-Tech historically has been a strong team, but this year they have some doubts. GT runs a very complex option offense, and VT gains most of there yards on the ground as well. VT got beat by ECU, and struggled against Furman. Paul Johnson has been a dominant coach ATS on the road. As long as GT doesnt turn the ball over, they have a shot of winning this SU.

Tulane +13 2.2-2 W

ECU should be the sexy pick here, after winning 2 big games in there first two games of the year. Tulane went into Alabama last week, and lost 20-6. The game was a hell of alot closer than expected. They gave up 2 special teams touchdowns to Bama, and held them to under 200 yards of total offense. I presume Tulane learned there lesson last week, and fixed there mistakes. Because ECU has made some big plays on the special teams end this year. ECU is on a complete high right now after beating V-tech & W.V, but a letdown spot here may be in order. This Tulane team that is better than last year, (who played a really close game with LSU). Tulane is tough, and very physical. Like I said this team has played well in big games, and I expect nothing less than that today. Just think 2 possessions might be to much here.

Arizona -9.5 1.3-1 L
Big Alimony has this game as a 5 unit play. This guy has been capping games since Nixson was in office. Ride or Die :shake:

Florida Atlantic/Michigan St Under 62 2.2-2 W
See Helmut's thread

OSU + (still waiting on this line) I want to get all the points I can. Will also be on the ML.

Oregon @ Purdue Over 60.5 1.1-1 L
This game should be a track meet from the inception. Purdue loves to air the ball out. Jeremiah Johnson is expected to play, and will balance out Oregon's passing game. Only thing stopping me from making this a bigger play, is Oregon has two potential first day draft picks at each corner. Both teams have combined for 203 points in 2 games a piece.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
FUCK just dropped 2.5 pts.

Clemson -21 1.1-1 L
Clemson -4 1st quarter .55 -.5 L
Clemson TT over 33.5 .55-5 L

Nevada +26 1.1-1 L
Tailing 2 guys I respect CKR and Tim, both games were on my radar and I couldn't put them in. Like seeing these two guys on them.

Notre Dame ML +110 2-2.20 W

21-17-1 +11 Fresno pending.

More to come.

Last edited:
GL Marlo. Homerism aside, I am all over USF tonight. People don't realize how good and tough it is to beat USF at home. Going to the game tonight.

Biggest bet ever for me. :shake:

Thanks Joe, Jump and ATP.

Good to see ATP, I like them, its going to be tough for Kansas to stop Groethe (sp). Guy is a stud!

Selvie will also be going up against a red shirt freshmen. Im all over USF tonight as well. GL:shake:

18-12 +12.1u

South Florida -3 1.2-1 1u

Last weeks tilt with South Florida/Central Florida matchup was alot more lopsided than it seemed. South Florida owned them on total yardage, and had 3 mental mistakes with 2 turnovers, and a huge kick return for a TD. The thing that impresses me the most is on 28 rushing attempts SF's D only allowed 2.7 ypc. This game was a 24-10 game, until the 4th quarter where SF fell asleep before eventually scoring a TD in OT to secure the win. Kansas has played two no-name teams, and has looked ok in both games. SF D has only allowed a little over 300 yards in 2 games this year. I know Reesing is a stud, but so is Selvie, and I can see him and the rest of USF defense keeping him in check for 60 minutes.

California -14.5 3.3-3

So who is going to stop Baby Bush on Maryland? Maryland is pretty one dimensional, and Cal has allowed 1.7 ypc against Wazz, and 2.7 against Javon Ringer and Michigan St. As SH said just not enough fire power for Maryland to compete in this game. Game could easily end, 35-7, 28-3. I like Cal to cover here by at least 3 TDs. The only thing that may affect them is the cross country trek they are making for a early game. But like I said to much vs. to little.

Penn State/Syracuse Over 50 1.1-1
Penn State TT over 38.5 1.1-1
Penn State 1st quarter -6.5 1.1-1

Penn State could cover this total by themselves. This is there first road game of the year, but in there 2 home games they have scored 111 points. Cuse allowed Northwestern 400+ yards from scrimmage and were terrible on defense giving up 6.1 ypc. They also allowed Akron to rack up 4.7ypc. Breakdown the box scores, the Orange are 6-22 on 3rd down conversions. Penn State should get out to an early lead here, and coast to the victory. To much turmoil going down in Cuse right now.

Iowa St. +13.5 2.2-2
Rivalry game among rivalry games. Iowa comes into this game, just like in years past they smoke there first couple of opponents and then get ISU at home. Granted Iowa has revenge on the mind, after ISU kicked a FG to take home the CY-HAWK trophy. Iowa is the better team, but ISU keeps it close.

Boise St -16.5 1.1-1
Team that likes to win and cover the spread at home. Will probable blindly follow them at home all year. Don't have alot to say here, but BG played terrible against Minnesota and turned the ball over quite a few times. Boise's crowd is one of the best in the business.

With ya on this one and S. Fla. tonight.
Fuck the Hawks!!!

With ya on this one and S. Fla. tonight.
Fuck the Hawks!!!

I'm sure you know Chad Greenway. This was his quote on Minnesota radio today.

"The Hawkeyes will beat the Cyclones alot easier than you think"

Added: Tulane/GT/Zona.

Good luck today Fellas :cheers:

Bought the hook last night and it saved me. Watched an incredible game last night, and hope to watch a ton more today.

Marlo - GL today, nice work on the card. Looks like a lot of winners today.

ADDED: Oregon Hova/Helmut tail/

Thanks Tim, broke my ankle playing basketball on Thursday, so I haven't been able to move off my couch. (hence the amount of plays)

2nd halfs

Iowa/Iowa State Under 21.5 1.1-1 W
California -7 1.1-1 W
CMU -1.5 2.2 -2 W
ECU -7 1-1.1 L
Georgia -4 1.2-1 W
Vandy -6 1.1-1 W
gambling that this game lands on 7 and I win both bets.
AZ -7 1.1-1 L

Last edited:
Adding:

Oklahoma -20.5 3.6-3 W
Oklahoma -12.5 1st half 1.1-1 W
Oklahoma -4.5 1.1-1 W

Fresno St ML 1-1.5

Last edited:
nice day so far marlo!

lot of action for you, huge card

happy that PSU could clean up for you, im gonna buy your ass a joepa jersey!

Back