NCAA Week Ten

SHSUHorn

Thief
NCAA 2008 YTD 55-36 +61.60 UNITS

This might be the year the BCS gets the major shakeup as its looking more and more like as long as they have one loss or less the Big 12 winner will play the SEC winner trumping either USC or PSU. We could be looking at 2004 all over again.

Houston @ Marshall +7.5 (3 UNITS)

Not always a big believer in weather being a factor but it was still pretty sunny and warm today in Houston when I stepped out this afternoon. UH is made up of a lot of homegrown Texas kids and will be playing in some pretty cold conditions in Huntington, WV using an offense that relies on the pass to get down the field.

While UH has been lighting up the scoreboard on offense they’ve been giving up close to 30 ppg on defense. A lot of those yards have been given up on the ground and I expect RB Darius Marshall, arguably the top threat for the Herd, to keep them in the game by getting yards on the ground and chewing up the clock.

Should be a high scoring affair as both defenses stink, but UH playing in cold conditions, and against a hostile national TV crowd will keep this game close.

Take the points.

Iowa St. +31 @ Oklahoma St. (3 UNITS)

A perfect sandwich game here as the Cowboys just got done playing a tough game in Austin and after this match-up have to travel to Lubbock and then vs OU. OSU should win the game comfortably but 31 points are in awful lot.

ISU has caused 21 turnovers and more importantly don’t give the ball up. I think they can backdoor this cover as OSU has a little letdown after last week plus looking ahead at the other remaining games on the schedule.

Missouri –20 @ Baylor (5 UNITS)

A lot of hype has fallen off the Tigers but this is still a pretty good football team whose two losses were vs very talented and more physical squads. Yes Missouri is on the road but the game is at Floyd Casey Stadium where the homefield advantage isn’t exactly an advantage.

Baylor has lost four of its last five games and the defense has just been awful lately. No way they’ll be able to keep up with Missouri whose offense will continue to move the ball against teams not more physical or talented then them.

CU @ Texas A&M –2.5 (5 UNITS)
Over 55 (3 UNITS)

I don’t think I’ve missed on an Aggie game this year either for or against them. I really like what they are doing on offense right now especially with Jerrod Johnson at QB. They should be able to continue to move the ball against a CU defense giving up close to 30ppg.

While the defense has been shit for Aggie this year they do face a CU team has lost 4 of its last 5 games including both games on the road due to an offense that hasn’t been able to do nothing since the WVU game.

Should be a high scoring affair but A&M’s offense and playing at home gives them the edge.

Nebraska @ Oklahoma –21.5 (4 UNITS)
Over 71.5 (2 UNITS)

While the OU defense has some serious question marks the offense has been unstoppable. OU still has a chance in the MNC picture but it must continue to win and win impressively.

Nebraska woke up in the 4th quarter vs TT but still beating up on Baylor and ISU isn’t enough to convince me they can stay with 3 TDs of the Sooner's in Norman.

Texas –6.5 @ Texas Tech (5 UNITS)
Over 75.5 (2 UNITS)

The only thing scaring me in this game is the game being at Lubbock. But with Texas’ record on the road under Mack Brown there’s just no way I don’t see how Texas can not be the play especially when looking at the match-ups.

Some good points are brought up in the UT/TT thread on this forum but for all the TT backers and everyone on ESPN picking them to win please give me a reason other then the game is in Lubbock, or Texas has played 3 tough games in a row?

I know Okie St. was going to give Texas a game because they were pretty dominant all year and beat a sound Missouri team on the road. We know Texas is a good team because they have dominated every single game they should have and have won 3 straight incredible games.

Texas has already played in the hostile environment (RRS yes its neutral but its still a tough venue for either team on offense), and has already played in some big time games. Texas Tech hasn’t been as impressive as its #7 ranking shows outside of last weeks Kansas win.

Texas has faced high octane offenses with better skill positions players then Tech. Mizzu, Okie St, and OU have a variety of offensive weapons that didn’t allow Texas to focus on one player.

People keep saying this is the best team in years but I disagree because this is one of the poorest WR groups that Leach has fielded in a long time. Who outside of Crabtree is going to step up on the TT offense? Crabtree had a big game vs Texas last year but 124 of those yards came in the 4th when Texas was up by a nice margin.

Texas Tech hasn’t faced a DL like Texas’ and just like they have all year long the depth of the DL will eventually win out as Texas has only given up 10 points in the 4th quarter the entire season.

Looking at the matchups on paper and the entire body of work by both teams and not just last weeks games I gotta pull the trigger on Texas with only laying less then a TD even at Lubbock.

Kansas St. +11 @ Kansas (3 UNITS)

Not a big fan of Kansas going into the year except for Todd Reesing. Both defenses have struggled this year in the wide-open Big 12 and both offenses have moved the ball at will.

I think this game will be a shootout with both teams fielding great QBs that are capable of putting up TDs in bunches. With this being the in-state rivalry game I’ll gladly take the double digits.

Louisville –14 @ Syracuse (4 UNITS)

Louisville has won 22 of its last 25 Big East games and come into the game playing at a high level with 3 straight wins. Syracuse has lost 22 of its 24 conference games meanwhile. Which is a reason its not a secret Greg Robinson is on his way out after the end of the season.

Louisville has been stout against the run and the only way Syracuse has moved the ball this year has been on the ground. Bad match-up here and I think Louisville continues to roll with an easy win over the Cuse.

BYU –14 @ Colorado St. (4 UNITS)

BYU has won four straight over the Rams by a combined 60 points. Another mismatch on paper as BYU ranks in the top 15 in scoring defense while CSU has one of the worst defenses in the country.

CSU hasn’t been able to get any pressure on the QB finishing as one of the worst teams in the country in TFL and sacks. Giving BYU all day on offense has me jumping all over only a two TD spread even if its on the road.

Northwestern @ Minnesota –6.5 (3 UNITS)

I feel like bumping my thread on what a great hire Tim Brewster was going to be for Minnesota when not many had heard of the guy before. Northwestern has dropped two in a row and is fortunate not more as its turned the ball over 19 times on the season which won’t bode well facing a Gopher team that leads the nation in turnover margin.

Plus the NW offense lost two key players in QB C.J. Bacher to a hamstring and RB Tyrell Sutton to a wrist injury. Just don’t see how Minny doesn’t win this one by more then 7 at home.

Florida –5 Vs Georgia (4 UNITS)

I personally think Florida is the second best team in the country now that everyone is healthy. Georgia took it to them last year but Tebow was playing injured in that game. We’ve all seen the clips of the Georgia celebration and that should add extra fire in practice this week for the Gators.

Florida just seems to be peaking at the right time on offense to go along with one of the stingiest defenses in football. Georgia’s defense is still a little suspect for me and I think they lose this gam by at least 10.

GL everyone!

Last edited:
you making it to LBK for the game?

I wish. I used to make it out to Lubbock every year when I was in college for the Sigma Chi crawfish broil (I was a Sig). Love me some TT women. Definitley one of the most underrated colleges in the country in terms of partying and hot tail.

Enjoy the game bro. Should be a good one.

On the Cougs myself, but hate being against you.

Look forward to seeing your play on the UT/TT game. Playing the total? Just not sure there will be much defense in that one.

Good health

what the hell is going on with that Texas/Tech line horn? Huge middle opportunities on a freakin Tuesday night?

No crap that line started low went up 3 or so points and now it's back down. Never seen such large yo yo of significant proportions.

I'm thinking ML was posted today and those on TT are on ML and they hit it hard.

I somewhat agree O-State..You take the Ml if you like Tech imo, and that's what a lot of sharps might be doing.

BUT, for Texas to keep getting this lack of respect week in and week out is mind boggling to me. I know they didn't cover last week...but this 3 right now is just asking for a winner, and I think Texas is the overall better team imo

I hit Texas -6.5 even though it sits at 4 now.

The only thing I can think of is Lee Corso was on Rome today and you can tell he's leaning TT.

Not so fast my friend.

yup, nice hit horn...

I can get texas at -3.5 at 5dimes for -110 right now..

do you or anyone else anticipate this line to keep going down or go back up?

not trying to be a dick, but weren't you on Texas Tech vs. Texas A&M a couple of weeks ago?...not that it matters really cause you usually pick more winners than losers...GL the rest of the week horn...

not trying to be a dick, but weren't you on Texas Tech vs. Texas A&M a couple of weeks ago?...not that it matters really cause you usually pick more winners than losers...GL the rest of the week horn...

Ahhh...forgot about that. The blocked XP that Aggie brought back for two. Thanks for reminding me. Fuckin kickers.

Horn, what do you think of Air Force laying the wood (-9.5) vs Army? Also, I have A & M -3.5...I am assuming you still like it since you have it as a 5 star at 2.5, but I might as well ask? It's a big money pool, so the lines are what they are...no buying down. Thanks in advance!

Horn, what do you think of Air Force laying the wood (-9.5) vs Army? Also, I have A & M -3.5...I am assuming you still like it since you have it as a 5 star at 2.5, but I might as well ask? It's a big money pool, so the lines are what they are...no buying down. Thanks in advance!

No opinion on Army/AF.

I would still take Aggie at -3.5.

?

hot pussy is hot pussy

I'm half asian and half white. For some reason all asian women look the same so they remind me of my cousins at times and I'm not from SEC country so that doesn't jive with me. They are also crazy as fuck.

Its kind of the same reason that black guys who can pull hot white tail go after hot white tail instead of their own race.

This thread has really gone to shit now...

I'm half asian and half white. For some reason all asian women look the same so they remind me of my cousins at times and I'm not from SEC country so that doesn't jive with me. They are also crazy as fuck.

Its kind of the same reason that black guys who can pull hot white tail go after hot white tail instead of their own race.

This thread has really gone to shit now...
:36_11_6:

I knew there was a reason I liked you just couldn't remeber with all your freakin Mccoy bashin.

I haven't been that bad this year, I don't think. I had a big issue with it his freshman year (when the kid, by no fault of his own, was painfully overhyped). He's done a good job managing that team this year, but I think that is more a virtue of the spread/throwing most passes under 7 yards than him being the next Tom Brady. But that's just my opinion.

Which set of WRs scare you the least? I understand Harrell is the best QB they have but there is a reason Crabtree isn’t putting up the numbers he did last year and that's because he is the only real threat. 2004 is the only group I see that’s on this level. The others have been far more superior.

Michael Crabtree
Detron Lewis
Eric Morris
Edward Britton

Michael Crabtree
Danny Amendola
Eric Morris
Edward Britton

Joel Filani
Robert Johnson
Danny Amendola
Jarrett Hicks

Taurean Henderson’s time at RB ended after the 05 season. Tech is still looking to replace what he did out of the backfield for them.

Joel Filani
Robert Johnson
Danny Amendola
Jarrett Hicks

Jarrett Hicks
Trey Haverty
Nehimiah Glover
Cody Fuller

Wes Welker
Mickey Peters
Nehimiah Glover
Carlos Francis

I thought Hicks was just sick good, but I don't think he had the work ethic. I like the 05-06 bunch the best. I was playing NCAA football last week on PS2 with the 02 rosters. Welker is listed as a RB. Weird.

Back