NCAA Week One

Defense will carry Texas this year. We lost our 3 best skill players on offense so that really hurts. If the O-line can protect, that gives the offense a shot to be decent and UT could surprise this year. Either way, the D will be beasting this year.

Vondrell is the shit and Fozzy isn't too far behind.

Texas will have a nice stable of backs again and do another RB by committee here. In addition, they're moving in DT Roy Miller to act as the FB in short yardage situations like DT Derek Lokey did it last year.

The talk of the spring though has been the "Q" formation that Texas is working on to get McCoy and Chiles on the field at the same time. Chiles has lined up at slot, WR, and in double QB "A-11" backfield sets while they play with it.

I have a feeling that this season sets up to be one of those years that Greg Davis really draws the ire of fans. He may end up holding UT back a lot this year.

On a different note, I agree with The Garfather that Rice -3 gives me a stiffie.

I have a feeling that this season sets up to be one of those years that Greg Davis really draws the ire of fans. He may end up holding UT back a lot this year.

On a different note, I agree with The Garfather that Rice -3 gives me a stiffie.

I'm just looking forward to the day when we stop throwing the bubble screen 50% of the game.

Figure we have another 2-3 years of Davis until Major takes over.

We're going to struggle on offense. I think one of the backs will step up, but we don't have anyone proven who can stretch the field at WR, and no threat at tight end. No secret that Davis struggles to manufacture points when he has decent, not great, talent on offense. So, yes, he could be a convenient target this season.

Hostile environment or not, Wake has never been good away from home. Also, besides at the QB position, they are a team full of question marks, losing a lot of that marquee speed on offense.

I'm never comfortable betting against the honorable Jim Grobe, but I would not be on them in this spot.

Also, on UVa, while I don't disagree with your play, necessarily, I do disagree on some of the reasoning. Lalich actually did start a couple games last year when Sewell was hurt/struggling and played well, showing much better accuracy and poise than Sewell, who really only hurt teams with his running when he did play. A lot of UVa fans were quietly happy when Jameel was given the boot, as two more years like his last year (overshadowed by the overachieving season) were not going to be pretty. Also, the WR/TE situation is the best it has been in years, as we get back Ogletree (All-ACC) and a speedster in Jobe who has looked much improved in camp along with John Phillips, who finally gets his chance to shine after sitting behind 2 great receiving TEs in Santi and Stupar. Combine that with Ced Pearman (best back in the country last year before he got hurt) Simpson and a bulldozer in Keith Payne and we have (potentially) the most underrated offense in the country? I don't know, but 3 points seems low to me, especially since UVa plays a million times better at home than they do on the road. The OL will be a ? at the beginning of the year, but honestly, I think UVA upgraded at every position except Albert, who is obviously going to be hard to replace seeing that he was the best G in the country last year. Losing Lipsey and Yates-Cunningham was a good thing, as those 2 clowns were the picture of inconsistency in their careers.

Defense, as you pointed out, is going to be an issue. Losing Fitz (future 1st round pick) and Cook (career NFL player) is HUGE, as they were going to be counted on to solidify their spots and this team on D this year. Cook especially hurts, as it looked like they were going to have the best corners in the league outside of Wake in Cook and Dowling. Now Vic Hall is forced back out on the field, which is a huge downgrade to go along with the always-awful safeties that UVa rolls out for the year. The DL, in essence, should be OK, as Fat Nate Collins comes back at Nose (split time with Billyk last year and actually outperformed him) and Alex Field is definitely a gamer, but you can't replace Chris Long, who in my opinion was the best defensive player in college football. The LB corps is the only area where the defense is comfortable, with 3 returning starters and the debut of the next UVa defensive star, Terrence Fells-Danzer. The worry is that, with London gone, the defense is going to go back to where it used to be, as Groh has brought in one of his drinking buddies (Bob Pruett, the coach at Marshall when Randy, Penny, etc, were there) to take over as DC. The guy is old, has been out of the game since 2004, but was supposedly a great defensive mind in his day, so we shall see if he can sort this situation out.

I think that the best bet in this game is the Under 46, as I think SC's D will cancel out UVa's O but I kinda think that USC's O is going to struggle a little bit, no matter how many question marks UVa has on D. I wouldn't touch this game, as I don't have much confidence in UVa right now but with all the hype the Condoms are carrying into the season combined with the injuries to key players might bring out a less than impressive performance in what will be a hostile environment.

GL to you, I know you have a boner a mile long that CFB is finally back upon us and UT has a real DC. :cheers:

Last edited:
Haha...Muschamp for head coach and Mack to AD in 2010 is my motto.

Great stuff on UVa as always. This play looked alot better when I made it now that the Trojans seem to be getting injured left and right.

This play is based more on USCs defense being outstanding and USC just putting up enough points on O.

I was looking at a 28-7 type game so you may be on to something in regards to the under. I just suck at totals so I never play them.

I won't pimp my Horns as much this year cause their are too many question marks...

But you might have to put a muzzle on me in 2009 with Texas returning probably 18 of 22 starters and the Big 12 losing a ton of talent (OU loses its entire OL and top 2 wideouts).

Good luck to you this year!

Agree with the play horn. wish i could bet it but already on the under and laying two td and hoping to hit under at same time is too tough a task for me to hope for.

gl , think your card is pretty solid

Alright,
I only had 5 dollars left in my account so I decided to parlay them so I can reload after that if I lose. And I have always done well when I piggyback you.

Wagering $ 5.00</SPAN> to win $ 400.00

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=row><TD class=center>28 Aug 2008
20:05
</TD><TD class=center>CF</TD><TD>SOUTH CAROLINA -14 (-110)
NC STATE vs SOUTH CAROLINA
</TD></TR><TR class=altrow><TD class=center>28 Aug 2008
</TD><TD class=center>CF</TD><TD>WAKE FOREST -11.5 (-110)
WAKE FOREST vs BAYLOR
</TD></TR><TR class=row><TD class=center>29 Aug 2008
</TD><TD class=center>CF</TD><TD>RICE -3.5 (-110)
SMU vs RICE
</TD></TR><TR class=altrow><TD class=center>30 Aug 2008
15:35
</TD><TD class=center>CF</TD><TD>USC -19.5 (-110)
USC vs VIRGINIA
</TD></TR><TR class=row><TD class=center>30 Aug 2008
18:05
</TD><TD class=center>CF</TD><TD>TCU -6.5 (-110)
TCU vs NEW MEXICO
</TD></TR><TR class=altrow><TD class=center>30 Aug 2008
19:05
</TD><TD class=center>CF</TD><TD>TEXAS -24 (-110)
FLORIDA ATLANTIC vs TEXAS
</TD></TR><TR class=row><TD class=center>30 Aug 2008
19:05
</TD><TD class=center>CF</TD><TD>KANSAS STATE -26 (-110)
NORTH TEXAS vs KANSAS STATE
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited:
Alright,
I only had 5 dollars let in my account so I decided to parlay them so I can reload after that if I lose. And I have always done well when I piggyback you.

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=row><TD class=center>28 Aug 2008
20:05</TD><TD class=center>CF</TD><TD>SOUTH CAROLINA -14 (-110)
NC STATE vs SOUTH CAROLINA</TD></TR><TR class=altrow><TD class=center>28 Aug 2008
20:05</TD><TD class=center>CF</TD><TD>WAKE FOREST -11.5 (-110)
WAKE FOREST vs BAYLOR</TD></TR><TR class=row><TD class=center>29 Aug 2008
20:05</TD><TD class=center>CF</TD><TD>RICE -3.5 (-110)
SMU vs RICE</TD></TR><TR class=altrow><TD class=center>30 Aug 2008
15:35</TD><TD class=center>CF</TD><TD>USC -19.5 (-110)
USC vs VIRGINIA</TD></TR><TR class=row><TD class=center>30 Aug 2008
18:05</TD><TD class=center>CF</TD><TD>TCU -6.5 (-110)
TCU vs NEW MEXICO</TD></TR><TR class=altrow><TD class=center>30 Aug 2008
19:05</TD><TD class=center>CF</TD><TD>TEXAS -24 (-110)
FLORIDA ATLANTIC vs TEXAS</TD></TR><TR class=row><TD class=center>30 Aug 2008
19:05</TD><TD class=center>CF</TD><TD>KANSAS STATE -26 (-110)
NORTH TEXAS vs KANSAS STATE</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Only 4 left to go. Haha...

RB Fozzy Whitaker is listed questionable for Texas. That's a pretty big loss. The Texas depth after him is pretty weak.

This Rice game is hopefully over. 5-0 going into the weekend. I wish every week was like week one. The only time we know as much as the linemakers.

Alright,
I only had 5 dollars let in my account so I decided to parlay them so I can reload after that if I lose. And I have always done well when I piggyback you.

20:05</TD><TD class=center>CF</TD><TD>SOUTH CAROLINA -14 (-110)
NC STATE vs SOUTH CAROLINA</TD></TR><TR class=altrow><TD class=center>28 Aug 2008
20:05</TD><TD class=center>CF</TD><TD>WAKE FOREST -11.5 (-110)
WAKE FOREST vs BAYLOR</TD></TR><TR class=row><TD class=center>29 Aug 2008
20:05</TD><TD class=center>CF</TD><TD>RICE -3.5 (-110)
SMU vs RICE</TD></TR><TR class=altrow><TD class=center>30 Aug 2008
15:35</TD><TD class=center>CF</TD><TD>USC -19.5 (-110)
USC vs VIRGINIA</TD></TR><TR class=row><TD class=center>30 Aug 2008
18:05</TD><TD class=center>CF</TD><TD>TCU -6.5 (-110)
TCU vs NEW MEXICO</TD></TR><TR class=altrow><TD class=center>30 Aug 2008
19:05</TD><TD class=center>CF</TD><TD>TEXAS -24 (-110)
FLORIDA ATLANTIC vs TEXAS</TD></TR><TR class=row><TD class=center>30 Aug 2008
19:05</TD><TD class=center>CF</TD><TD>KANSAS STATE -26 (-110)
NORTH TEXAS vs KANSAS STATE</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

My good luck charm.

you have a sick chalky mind my friend.. and you are sick every week 1 since you were on covers ... great job so far

I have to give it up to Horn. 40 units in one weekend. Simply impressive, my friend. :cheers:

Btw, any plays on Sunday and Monday? :)

Back