JumpOnBoard

CTG Partner
Posted '06-'07 NCAA Record
Sides: 76-63-1 +17.83 units
Totals: 5-4 +2.77 units
Teasers: 10-14 +28.80 units
Parlays: 0-1 -3.00 units
Props: 1-0 +1.00 units

Stoked as hell that another college football season is upon us...we've been at in this forum for over a month and are well prepared IMO...a couple of my games I've seen very few people on, so take it FWIW...alot of these games I've broken down w/ others on and off the forum, and alot w/ RJ throughout this process..his card is much bigger than mine, but they mirror in some places and not in others...two of these plays (Wazzou and UVA I took as soon as lines were released..)..others I played this week and even today...I reserve the right to add on, and very well may..

The good thing about this forum is many win money it seems, and all do a little bit diff of a way..some play faves, some play totals, some play ML dogs, so play a mixture, some play teasers/ML parlays, some play props..

As for me, I play mostly sides in college (mixture of faves and dogs), a sprinkling of totals, and a coulple 3-4 team six point teasers a week..many say teasers on profitable...but the last three years in college football I've found success in no more than 4 team /6 pt teasers and I've foudn them very profitable...fool's gold maybe...but I feel in the right spots they are winnable...so you'll find that I play them and am not ashamed too.FWIW...in Nfl, not so much..

GL this year and hopefully this season is as profitable on CTG as the last...

Sides:

UVA -4 -110 (2 units)....this was the first game I played and it really hasn't moved off the number...I think UVA will be improved this year and not just at the QB position..obviously the experience for Sewell helps, but this game is a total mismatch it seems in the trenches...Wyo lost a ton on both sides of the ball....w/out Ogletree, they return little production at WR, which is a small concern..I don't think UVA will light up the scoreboard here as WYO plays very well at home, esp on defesne...but I do think UVA will control the clock and the game to an extent...I don't think a 10-14 pt win is unreasonable here...

Wazzou +14.5 -110 (2 units)....I know Hunt and I have similar thoughts on this game and beyond that not sure who else...first off, I don't hate Wisky's team this year, but I think publically they are just a little overrated..they may very well win the Big Ten w/ UM having to go to the Camp, but the Big Ten is down this year no matter how u slice it from an elite standpoint...Wisky returns a ton, but lost their QB and all american LT, two very important spots...this game will come down to two things for me....one, Wazzou's ability to stop the run..and two, Wazzou's ability to avoid the turnover....looking at Wisky's nonconf schedule result results, these aren't games that Wisky puts the pedal down anyways and never gets off it...they toy w/ opps early it always seems...w/ my assumption that Wisky's lines will be shaded toward the love that Wisky is gettnig early, we got some value here and I was stoked to get the hook off the two td's as well..the Pac 10 is much superior to the Big 10 this year, at least early, IMO...this will be a pretty good test for Donavon and co early..

Troy +24 -110 (2 units)....this game wasn't on my radar until I talked it over w/ RJ, but it's the right side IMO..I didn't get the good part of this number at all and to be honest I wish Monk wouldn't have gotten hurt because I'd still played at a much better number....Troy has enshrined themselves as pretty tough cookies by now in my book and I feel confident playing them....Arky is overrated anyway u slice it and that's showed in this number...A strength of Troy's has always been their defense and namely their D Line...I'd say that's pretty important considering Arky's QB (don't make me say it) couldn't find his if one of the cheerleaders showed him...Troy has a decent chance to slow down McFadden and Jones and that will obviously be important to a cover...but I really like the fact that Troy has an opp to score in this game...they return one of the better QB in the conf and that's vital for a small school to have a chance to compete vs an SEC type..

Mizzou -4 -110 (2 units)....before this game came out I thought it would be 7+ and wasn't overly shocked to see a 6.5 to 6..but I'm shocked to see it falling like this...I love what Zook did last year in the recruiting of the WR and DL as much as anyone, but they are still a year away IMO..they'll be 6-6 or so and might knock off one of the big 4, but I doubt it overall...fact is, Zook still is calling the shots on GAMEDAY..Mizzou is favored to win the Big Ten North every couple years when the QB's become seniors it seems, and this is the year again..I don't love this bunch, and I hate the coach too...but they will score early and often in this one...the QB production in shootouts is a pretty important deal, and the gap is a valley here...Juice can be exciting, but even Zook wasn't that enamered w/ him when he yanked him in the second half of multiple games last year....I don't think Illy has the offenseive firepower to score w/ Mizzou for four quarters, in a dome, on turf, or otherwise..

BYU -4 -110 (2 units).....Zona all over this forum and I'm riding solo it seems...BYU lost by 3 last year in this matchup, so we have revenge spot but didn't play into my play at alll.....BYU returns all the important cogs of the MTN West Champtionship team minus Beck...I think everyone looks at BYU and says, Beck was second round pick, no way they will be as good..from an offensvie productions standpoint, I'm sure that will be correct....but from a team standpoint, I'm not so sure...everyone has TCU in that league, but BYU will compete no doubt in my mind...BYU is QB U, so expect Hall to be good..the ASU transfer hasn't played in a meaningful game in awhile and that 's a concern, but not so much here...two reasons..one: BYU has a great offensive line...two: AZ doesn't touch the opposing QB..they have a great set of LB's, but they sacked the QB fifteen times in 12 games last year.....the young BYU QB will have time to run the offense and get his feet wet...as for the defense...BYU was 10th in scoring defense and returns 8 starters from that unit...the new passing schemes are nice to talk about for Zona, but the fact is that the Zona QB has proved nothing (concussions fault, but it's fact) and the playmakers are all frosh and sophs....they will be more explosive come Pac 10 season, but BYU is a tough place to play and I don't think it happens overnight...this game is under the radar...

Additions:

Cal -6.5 -110 (2 units)

Tejas -22 -110 1st half (1 unit)

USC -21 -115 2nd Half (2 units)

Teaser:

Oregon St -0.5
NC St -2
Cal Pk
Texas Tech -2.5

1 unit (to win 3)

I'm willing to discuss any of these and will prolly add another teaser...

Last edited:
Sexy write-ups.

I don't know whats keeping me of the Hoos right now. I like them to be a suprising team this year. Maybe if I ever saw a 3 again I would hit it.

Already got the hova in St Louis but thinking harder and harder about Mizzou after some lenghty discussion the past few nights.

Another great season bro...Go Blue

t1_mikehart_osu_si.jpg

Good stuff on the write-ups. Troy is my biggest play, and I like Wash St. as well. I have no opinion on the Zona/BYU tilt, but I am very interested to see how that one turns out.

BOL JumpOnBoard :cheers:

Hope you have a great college football season my friend. Make it a profitable one. :shake:

I love Mizzou jump and was on Bookmaker earlier and almost hit Troy as well, and will probably add it soon enough. Troy played well on the road last year, and their defense should be even better than last year. I think they'll slow the run game of Arky enough to keep it within 3 TD's.

Here's to a successfull year. :shake:

GL Jump. With you on Mizzou, still deciding on Troy. GL this season

Jump,

With you on Troy and Missouri against you BYU, Wazzu and Virginia. I think the Wahoos could struggle with the altitude in Laramie. Virginia got dominated in yds last year 206 to 313 by Wyoming but was fortunate to win in OT. Good be a revenge factor for Wyoming. Who knows??

Could be bro....that was a game w/ a diff QB than Sewell is now though and an offensive line full of freshman...

I think UVA grew up alot last year if u watched them from the beginning to the end of the season..

Groh is a guy that likes to run the ball and needs an Oline to do it...that's a big difference in that first game last year..

Thanks for the thoughts bro and GL.

Good to hear ya say Pokey...

Thank you Croc...

thinking of adding a side play to the teaser w/ Cal, but not decided yet..

no ones card resembles mine as much as yours does. so i really hope you know what you are doing. hehehehe. i love mizz , virg and troy too.

the byu game held a few too many questions that i was uncomfortable with my answers to. gonna be a fun game to watch ... hard hitting i think. on same as 3 of 4 though ....

Appreicate the input...I know basically it's neither here nor there, but that Kent result got me looking more at this and CMU much superior that Kent team....they look awful live here...but getting a feel on Kansas is not easy.

Lefeuvre is the real deal..

Thanks guys...

What an awful bet on UVA....I feel like the biggest fuckin square of all time playing that shit...

A couple others look good...

I'm playing Tejas first half -22...this is a tail of couple friends on here that know their first halfs...I don't play em alot...but I trust their input..

Gl rest of the day guys...

Big Ten set for a big year..

i too am a square for betting uva. the brain trust of glenn/sween made the brainless trust of groh/sewell look like an advertisement for lobotomy surgery.

have to admit when i am wrong... and i was DEAD wrong about that wyoming game. bitch slap city.

Back