NCAA Week 1 plays

scdoggy

Moderator (Honorary)
Time for this dog to come out of his cave for the annual fall run. I'll be back later this week with some thoughts on these two, but for now here's what I've locked in for week 1:

UNC/USC Under 56.5 -110 two units
UCF -22.5 one unit
Vandy +137 two units
USC/HAW under 51.5 -102 1.5 units
SMU +180 one unit

Pur/CIn first half over 24.5 +100 1.5 units
Toledo +23.5 -105 one unit
Toledo +24 -110 1.5 units
Toledo first half +14 1.5 units
VT first half +11.5 -110 two units

Would be interested in hearing what folks think this line in the TT/SMU game will do. I will be on SMU + the points rather large as well but don't want if t to miss out on a 6 or better if its going to be here later in the week. Sitting at 5.5, I'll watch this over the week and see where it goes.

Last edited:
Thanks Darkness, I can't resist June Jones with all summer to prepare for a one dimensional offense in his own backyard. Good luck this year bro.

Doggy, no opinion on the play as of yet, mainly due to the QB decision at Tech or lack there of. I really thought Brewer was going to blossom into a great QB, and a little bit more of a running threat than TTU QBs of the past. However, he is injured or just being out played in camp by a RS Freshman and a Walk-on Freshman (who actually took over for Brewer in HS after he graduated). I do believe though that Tech is going to run the ball a whole lot more than people are expecting and a shit ton more than the Leach offenses. Running Back is a definite strength for Kingsbury, and look at A&M last year 11th in rushing offense and 31st in rushing attempts.

Time for this dog to come out of his cave for the annual fall run. I'll be back later this week with some thoughts on these two, but for now here's what I've locked in for week 1:

UNC/USC Under 56.5 -110 two units
SMU +180 one unit

Would be interested in hearing what folks think this line in the TT/SMU game will do. I will be on SMU + the points rather large as well but don't want if t to miss out on a 6 or better if its going to be here later in the week. Sitting at 5.5, I'll watch this over the week and see where it goes.

Great to see you Doggy!!! With ya on the UNC/USCe UNDER. I'll try my luck with the 1st half UNDER.

Great to see all the usual suspects around. Good luck to all of you this year.

RedRaider - nice to hear your take on Kingsbury's running plan. I have been warming to an under there and your thoughts definitely make me more inclined to pull the trigger.

SMU lost a lot from last year.. I'm not high on Tex Tech either, but don't think I can play this one due to SMU losing Line at RB and their entire Defensive front.. Good luck this year scdoggy!

Yes, VK - Brewer has had back issues....

Nothing like getting down on a ML early only to see it move 40 cents in your direction after locking in the play. ....

Thanks guys. Love this time of year. Blood - I'll have a writeup on a first half VT bet as soon as I can get a line - that will have a bunch of people shaking their heads.

One more for tonight:

UCF -22.5 -110 one unit.

Big mismatch here. This shouldn't even be close.

scdoggy...thoughts on SMU? I see a lot of great cappers on SMU. I don't like their front 7 or O-line and they are going to try and throw a lot with Gilbert and not be successffull.

I just feel square hole, round peg.

Doggy!!! Good to see you back bro... Like that Cocks/Heels under to start you off with a winna this season!

scdoggy...thoughts on SMU? I see a lot of great cappers on SMU. I don't like their front 7 or O-line and they are going to try and throw a lot with Gilbert and not be successffull.

I just feel square hole, round peg.

They will have to throw for sure, but I like their running game. Traylon Shead was a big time recruit who has been riding the bench at Texas and is now getting his shot under June Jones. You can bet that he'll have a gameplan that will try to control the time of possession and keep TT's offense off the field.

Huge and I mean HUGE coaching mismatch with Kingsbury having to debut on the road vs. Jones. TT has won the last 14 matchups and yet they are only a 4.5 pt fave here? Big pressure on Brewer making his first real start filling big shoes of Seth Dodge. Seems like a ton of pressure for a kid who has had some back issues according to reports. Tons of pressure on a road fave, with an unproven QB, against a coach who is as good as the NCAA has to offer. I'll play this spot every time.

Hope this helps.

Agree with all three of the early plays doggy and I'm on all of them in some form or another as well. GL this season bro, crush em!

YanksSox - ironic I'm an O's fan and sat between a Yanks and Sox fan at the bar today for opening kick. Have a great season.

USC/Hawaii under 51.5 -102 1.5 units

First half VT +11.5 two units - probably add more. I'll have my thoughts together here when I get a chance to articulate.

First half VT +11.5 two units - probably add more. I'll have my thoughts together here when I get a chance to articulate.

Hope you get that one. VT is a mess though. From talking to my boys close to system: Secondary is talented, but young. THey have nothing at WRer at all. Logan is hit or miss. From one of the guys in the secondary....they have maybe 1 viable div 1. caliper WRer right now.

Thx LJC... I was off on SMU. Let's get back to winning today.

Pur/CIn first half over 24.5 +100 1.5 units
Toledo +23.5 -105 one unit
Toledo +24 -110 1.5 units

Back