3* 11-2, +25.80
2* 11-6, +9.00
1* 37-30, +7.73

Year: 59-38, +42.53

November 13, 14, 2007
Toledo at Ball State
Akron at Miami OH
Selection: ML Parlay -110

There is absolutely, positively, no doubt in my mind that Ball State is the better football team. While I initially lean Ball State and the under, I’m gonna pair this game w/ Wednesday night’s game as well and rid the points. This game has a ton of interesting angles. Both quarterbacks were recruited by both schools, so the coaches know a bit more about each of them than other opponents they have faced this year. While both of these offenses are at or near the top of the MAC, don’t be fooled by their rankings. Yes, Toledo sits at #1 in just about every category, but 3 weeks ago, they weren’t #1. If it weren’t for Ball State scheduling Illinois, Indiana, teams like that, they’d still be at the top. As for Toledo, they have an extremely good RB in Parmele and Opelt has blossomed the last three weeks as well. However, those victories came against an Ohio team that is down, Northern Illinois, and Eastern Michigan. They’ve looked absolutely pitiful on the road, and you’d have to go back to the first game of last year to see the last time they scored more than 31 points on the road. They scored 31 early in the year on CMU’s defense, and CMU and BSU are pretty similar as far as defensive gameplan goes. I’d almost give the edge to BSU even. This is a Ball State team that’s only two losses in the conference were to, in my opinion, the best two teams in the conference, Miami OH and CMU. Everything on paper leads to a shootout. But what isn’t on the statsheet, is that each of these coaches have much experience on the defensive side of the ball. Yes, the stats don’t show it, b/c they haven’t had to play defense up to this point. That, and w/ the coaching staffs knowing a bit more about each other’s respective quarterback, you could make a great case w/ a public fade on the under. However, throughout the years, even though these teams have played to an under 66 almost every time, there have sure been some weird occurrences that have taken place in Muncie. It should be a pretty decent night weather wise, actually warmed up quite a bit in the Midwest today, so that’s a plus for the passing game and Ball State. If this does go to a shootout, they have the more reliable weapons and the better QB. If it doesn’t, they still have the playmakers to win the game. I had this game at –4 capped last Friday, noting Toledo’s dominance and streak as of late, also noting the matchups of previous years. However, Ball State comes in here having faced two Big-10 opponents, and w/ the Illinois win over Ohio State, this line has creeped up due to BSU’s ability to hang with Illinois. Speaking of Illinois, Nate Davis was recruited to play basketball at Illinois, along with many other Big-10 schools. Toledo just isn’t the football team of year’s past, and with the first ever nationally televised game in Muncie, with ESPN coming to town, I like the home squad here…

As for Wednesday’s game, you could probably go back and read just about every write-up on Miami OH, combine that here, and we’d have about five page of material on why I’m playing Miami OH. I said at the beginning of the year, Miami would beat Ball State on the road, and win this division of the MAC. The road has been a tough one, and through many injuries, they still control their own destiny. Akron is coming off a big win and is in a letdown spot here. Miami has revenge, ESPN coming to town, and with a victory here, is probably a –1 or a PK in a rivalry game next week. The only thing that worries me is that rivalry game, which I would be afraid to lay the –8.5 in this spot, but with a title on the line after what this team went through last year, and a great home field advantage, and Sykes coming back into the lineup, they should be able to play a field position type game and win it with the defense. Kokal is questionable from what I’ve seen, as he is the QB, and leader of the team, both physically and mentally. My initial thoughts is that they sit him here unless they absolutely need him, and bring him back next week, and if he does play next week, you’ll see my biggest play of the year more than likely at a decent line. Miami’s just had too much preparation and too much at stake here to lose this game

2* ML Parlay –110 (Ball State -, Miami OH -)

GL

Welcome to the site bro!

You make some great points, but I would like to offer you some food for thought.

Toledo's loss to CMU came in the 2nd Week of the season, after they'd suffered a physical, blowout loss to Purdue in their opener. Toledo lost by 21 on the road to CMU, while Ball State lost at home to CMU by 20 five weeks ago. Also, Toledo's schedule wasn't exactly soft to start the season either, with their first three games coming against Purdue, CMU, and Kansas. They've really turned it on since winning a duel with Liberty, which is actually a good football team that played their Superbowl against Toledo. Offensively, this Toledo team has been a machine the past three weeks, averaging well over 50 points a game. Regardless of who you play, that's an impressive number. Just like Ball State, Toledo is out of the MAC title contention...but both of these teams are fighting to become bowl elidgable. Also, from my experience...Toledo comes to play on weeknight, nationally televised games. Line has climbed back up to 7...and I may have to take a stab at the Rockets.

Regardless, BOL to you, and thanks for contributing.

:cheers:

1-0, +2.00

1* Bowling Green/Buffalo under 61.5
If Bowling Green were to win here, and against Toledo to close out the season, it’d give them 8 wins, and probably still no bowl game. Ball State will have 7 wins if they beat NIU at NIU, lol, and I’m pretty positive they’d still get in before Bowling Green. And I’m pretty sure Bowling Green is aware of that as well. Three teams from the MAC will go, Miami OH, CMU, and Ball State. I could be wrong. Anyways, Bowling Green’s been concentrating on stopping the run quite a bit in practice this week, and with Buffalo trying to play spoiler, I think the defenses show up in some cold weather and produce.

1* New Mexico +15
Seems as if the whole Utah/Wyoming fiasco has carried on a bit longer than expected and could be a distraction here during a week where the offense needs to focus on the different blitzing schemes of New Mexico’s 3-3-5. Utah’s struggled w/ New Mexico the last five years. Johnson and the Utes have been on fire, but Johnson hasn’t been pressured, or seen the pressure he’ll see on Saturday in two years. Not really sure why this lines over two touchdowns, I’ll bite.

1* Rice -2.5
More a hunch than anything after the come from behind victory last week that they ride the momentum into this week. Tulane had played their previous three at home, and now go on the road.

GL

Back