Ncaa Cfb Friday Week One

SHSUHorn

Thief
NCAA CFB 2002-2003
Sides 118-88 +$7,028

NCAA CFB 2003-2004
Sides 124-103 +$7,542
Teasers/Pleasers/Parlays 1-6 +$1,000 (Hit a great 3 team pleaser!)
Total 125-109 +$8,542

NCAA CFB 2004-2005
Sides 111-109 –$1,818
Player Props - 62-44 +$9,010
Teasers/Pleasers/Parlays - 7-9 +$460
Total 173-153 +$7,652

NCAA CFB 2005-2006
Sides 60-50 +$3,526
Player Props 40-17 +$7,937
Total 100-67 +$11,463

4 Year CFB TOTAL +$34,685

NEVADA AT FRESNO ST.
Friday 8 PM (ET) on ESPN HD

Tidbits on Nevada:

The Wolf Pack are 2-11 ATS I their last 13 road games and 3-10 SU. The Wolf Pack has given up 46 ppg vs Fresno St. the last 7 years. Nevada is 5-14 ATS as a DD away dog.

Tidbits on Fresno St:

Fresno St. is 7-2 ATS in their last 10 as a home favorite. Fresno has won 6 of the last 7 games vs Nevada by 24 ppg margin. FSU avgs 40,000 fans at home. FSU has only lost 5 home games in 7 years. FSU has a new OC, RC, and OL coach this year.

Fresno St. Offense vs Nevada Defense:

FSU loses its OC who had led them to top 10 finishes 2 years in a row. They return 6 starters that finished with 38.9 ppg finishing 5th overall in the nation. They lose a 4-year QB in Pinegar so replacing him will be tough. Brandstater looks like the likely replacement and he’s only thrown 13 passes. This is the first time since 1998 that FSU doesn’t have an undisputed starter at QB going into the fall. Early on especially in this game I expect FSU to run the ball more then it has in the past. With a stout OL and Dewayne Wright looking great in the spring at RB (he’s been hurt for most of two years) expect FSU to pound Nevada early.

The Wolfpack were in the first year of the 3-4 defense and finished 101st in scoring defense giving up 32 ppg. 8 starters return and they should improve on D in year 2. They were torched all year last year and hopefully the return of Hawthorne a 3-year starter will help bolster the secondary. The strength of this team will be its LBs. What they don’t lack in speed they will definitely make up for in size. Trying to run vs Nevada this year will be tough for the WAC foes because the front 7’s biggest strength is stuffing the run.

Fresno St. Defense vs Nevada Offense:

FSU returns 8 players on defense that finished 32nd in scoring defense giving up 22.5 ppg. While most of the front seven returns the concerns will be in the secondary where FSU loss two players that got drafted in the NFL and two other SRs that saw quite a bit of playing time in the pass happy WAC. Mcauley is a good one at CB but after that the secondary is weak and they will be relying on a lot of youngsters to play considerable minutes.

They’ll be facing a Nevada offense that avg 34.2 ppg last year in their first year in the “Pistol” offense, 14th in the entire country. 7 starters return in year two of the offense. The “Pistol” offense usually has 4 WR sets and the QB sits back 5 yards in a mini shotgun. After working out the kinks the first three games avg 21 ppp Nevada exploded for 39 ppg in their final 9.3 year starting QB Jeff Rowe is a stud completing 62% of his passes for a 21-10 td/int ratio. Nevada also returns a ton experience at WR as 6 of its top 7 pass catchers return.

My Play:

Nevada +13 ($300) @ Betcris

This game should be a good one and I fully expect it to come down to the end for either team. Getting two scores is way to many points as FSU has a lot of early season question marks. Replacing Pinegar and how will this secondary match up against the “Pistol”. FSU will have to put a lot of players on the field in the secondary as to keep up with the 3-4 WR sets and deal with the fact that Nevada led the nation in time of possession. I like the matchup for Nevada and I’ll gladly take the double digit points.

money;

Last edited:
The problems in the defensive secondaries is the only thing holding me back from making a full fledged UNDER on this game. I expect the TOTAL to fall around 56. I'll probably still take the UNDER with all the defensive players coming back on both sides and the inexperienced skill players for FSU.

this is the only way you can approach this game man. Nevada should have an improved defense from last season, and obviously they have greater continuity on offense than fresno will have in game #1. Nevada did have a tendency to shit the bed and get blown out the last few years when something bad happened, but this team is more seasoned. I dont think Nevada will be depending on any true first year players other than their punter so going on the road game 1 shoulndt freak them out.

All signs point to a war in this game, we'll see if Nevada answers the bell. My money will be on yes.

you are probably right on the total sooner, this matchup would have the best chance at under of any Nevada game you would think.

Horn just a heads up on Nevada. Noticed u got it at +10, but u can still get it at 11 at betcris and 11.5 at the greek.

On the Nevada game myself, but at 11.5

Continued success on your CFB record, u certainly know your stuff.
:bow:

Sooner, the game between these two have usually been big time shootouts. If your gonna play the under you'll get a very nice number probbaly. I stink at totals though so my input is probably worthless.

this line is creeping higher...if I can get 14 I'll join you horn...maybe even will play it at 13, 13.5...

good point stacks...might not do so until a couple of days or the day of the game though...

Also edited this to take out the betmill play. This one actually worked out for me as I got a better number through betcris.

I would Toronto but you might be able to get a better line come closer to gametime because the public loves FSU. Don't let it fall to -10 though if you see it moving.

SoonerBS said:
The problems in the defensive secondaries is the only thing holding me back from making a full fledged UNDER on this game. I expect the TOTAL to fall around 56. I'll probably still take the UNDER with all the defensive players coming back on both sides and the inexperienced skill players for FSU.

Good call on the total prediction

another great thread

on Nevada with you guys...but also on the over. still think it's gonna be a bit of a shootout, and should reach 60.

:cheers: GL on Friday

Like it too bro!

You should have had a nice night lastnight huh?

Keep it up bro!

:cheers:

Still having computer issues guys sorry I haven't been responding...

Jeff Rowe UNDER 240.5 Passing Yards ($300)

dollars.gif

Back