NBL Round 5 (Australian Basketball)

bad gambler

Pretty much a regular
There is a Monday night game, will see what the books come up with before I decide whether to play it or not.

Playing the Monday game.

Wollongong Hawks v NZ Breakers "OVER" 196.5 - (-110) (3 units)

Hawks on a 2-0 UNDERS streak at the moment but they are back at home against a porous defensive team in NZ. I know I keep harping on this fact, but Groves has to eventually snap out of his scoring slump, perfect spot to do so IMO.

good luck :shake:

I was leaning on the under 200. Both teams have played a lot of games recently and their legs are probably tired. I also think Breakers suck and if Wethers and Powell don't put up decent numbers, Breakers will be lucky to crack 90 pts. Gong should get 100+ but Joyce might rest some of his players if they lead comfortably. GL BG.

Tantric said:
I was leaning on the under 200. Both teams have played a lot of games recently and their legs are probably tired. I also think Breakers suck and if Wethers and Powell don't put up decent numbers, Breakers will be lucky to crack 90 pts. Gong should get 100+ but Joyce might rest some of his players if they lead comfortably. GL BG.

Fair point mate - I know both teams are playing their 3rd game in 5 days as well. Interesting to see that there is a big variance in the total lines across ther books for this one. I've seen 200 and then 196.5 in other places.

Good luck with your play, hope the total lands somewhere in between so we both hit.

bad gambler said:
Playing the Monday game.

Wollongong Hawks v NZ Breakers "OVER" 196.5 - (-110) (3 units)

Hawks on a 2-0 UNDERS streak at the moment but they are back at home against a porous defensive team in NZ. I know I keep harping on this fact, but Groves has to eventually snap out of his scoring slump, perfect spot to do so IMO.

In a NBL slump at the moment, bet lost

Nice hit on the under Tantric :cheers:

Thanks BD. I am sure you will break the slump on Wed. I am eager to see te line for Breakers v Bris. Breakers return home after a torrid away trip and Brissy eager to rebound from a bad loss at home to the Wildcats. Look for Brissy to bounce back strongly.

Liking Brissy -5 over Windbreakers. The kiwis should be very tired after their east coast tour and Brissy looking to bounce back from their shock loss to the
Wildcats after leading for most of the game.

Also like Slingers/Dragons over 202.5. Should be a shooting fest.

Wednesday and good thing is that there are 3 games all back to back so gives the opportunity to wait until outcomes of the previous matches to decided whether to bet or not, and how much.

Brisbane Bullets to cover -5.5 v NZ Breakers - (-110) (3.5 units)

After the Cats disaster on Sunday I can't believe I am back on the Bullets bandwagon, but simply put everything about this points to an easy Brissy W. Breakers playing their 4th game in a week and with such a thin squad as it is who frankly really only go 4 deep, Bullets should have too many weapons both in their starting 5 and on the bench to account for the Breakers pretty easily.

Will have a couple more adds a bit later

I can't begin to explain what happened in NZ just then, turn up for the books for sure...apologies to those followed.

Perth Wildcats to cover +3.5 v Townsville Crocs - (-110) (3 units)

+

Singapore Slingers v Sth Melbourne Dragons "OVER" 202.5 - (-110) (4 units)

The worst day in my NBL capping history - that last overs totals summed it up, needing 18 points in the last 5:30min they scored 15 points to make it go under.

Taking a break from NBL for a while, unreal.

The Slingers total was also a nightmare for me. Unbelievable.
Don't panic just yet, BG. The NBL is a bit funny at the moment. Be patient for that 10 unit play to make it up.

BTW, Bullets are on my banned list for side play. Will only consider them for totals play.

Back