NBL Round 1

bad gambler

Pretty much a regular
Finally Australian BBall season is here :wacka wacka:

BC if you think this thread should be in the basketball forum, feel free to move it, but I think it will most likely get lost given the activity of that forum will undoubtedly increase as we move close to the NBA season.

Will look at this week's card closely and be back with some plays.

Pinny had lines for the NBL last year so it should be no different this year :shake:

One for the opener tonight, this one tips off right on 2 hours time...

Singapore Slingers to cover +5.5 v Adelaide 36ers - (-110) (3 units)

good luck :shake:

Toronto_Mike said:
there is a team from Singapore now?
lol yeah - Australian Basketball and we now have teams from Singapore and New Zealand, go figure.

But great for the SE Asian area, can only do good in terms of developing the game around that region although tonight's crowd was a bit disappointing so hopefully the Singaporeans can embrace it. Based on tonight looks like they have a solid squad as well. :shake:

bad gambler said:
One for the opener tonight, this one tips off right on 2 hours time...

Singapore Slingers to cover +5.5 v Adelaide 36ers - (-110) (3 units)

The Newbies of the league grab the S/U win money;

GL gambler. Not really an NBL regular season player, cept to pick a few spots re: the Breakers.

And as far as this thread being in the right place, no question.

Ok tonight the Cairns Taipans play the defending champions Melbourne Tigers. I have no thoughts either way on the actual line itself as there has been bit of turnover in the Taipans roster, but do have the one prop for tonight which I love.

Martin Cattalini to score 21 points or more - (+145) (3 units)

Taipans have lost their best big man in the off season in Burgess therefore expect Cattalini to feature heavily in the points column in the box score. He has had a injury free pre season for a change and his pre season form has been spectacular.

This bet can be had on centrebet.

bad gambler said:
Ok tonight the Cairns Taipans play the defending champions Melbourne Tigers. I have no thoughts either way on the actual line itself as there has been bit of turnover in the Taipans roster, but do have the one prop for tonight which I love.

Martin Cattalini to score 21 points or more - (+145) (3 units)

Taipans have lost their best big man in the off season in Burgess therefore expect Cattalini to feature heavily in the points column in the box score. He has had a injury free pre season for a change and his pre season form has been spectacular.

This bet can be had on centrebet.

Easy win, hit it by 3/4 time money;

A couple for me on the tap today...

Sydney Kings to beat Brisbane Bullets - (-130) (3 units)

+

Wollongong Hawks v Adelaide 36ers "UNDER" 200.5 - (-110) (3.5 units)

bad gambler said:
A couple for me on the tap today...

Sydney Kings to beat Brisbane Bullets - (-130) (3 units)

+

Wollongong Hawks v Adelaide 36ers "UNDER" 200.5 - (-110) (3.5 units)

Sweep 'em up money;

Be back next round

Certainly glad you are hitting but in spite of checking multiple times every day I keep missing them. What would the best times to check be?

tuck321 said:
Certainly glad you are hitting but in spite of checking multiple times every day I keep missing them. What would the best times to check be?

Yeah same here tuck..... By checking his posts I see he posts his picks late Friday and Sat. night U.S. time EST. I'll be looking for them around that time.

Guys problem is we live in different timezones, also another issue is that game start at varying times depending on where it is played given Australia also have different timezones.

Let me know which part of Nth America you are from and I'll do the maths and let you guys know when to check. But I usually post 3-4 hours before tip off so plenty of time to get on

tuck321 said:
Bull Head City, Arizona here.

Hey bro,

Well if you are in Zona, the games will generally start 2am/3am your time, with the odd ocassion of it being a little earlier.

My capping relies heavily on line movements so generally I don't post a day before but on the day of a particular game unless it is obvious to me which way the line will move. Doing the quick maths I say if I am going to make a play on a game I'll have it posted on this forum at around 10-11pm your time (i.e. the previous day for you). :shake:

By the way I am loving a play for this Tuesday, probably going to be my biggest for the season to date, so will post it a bit earlier for you guys.

I'll create a NBL Round 2 thread soon and post it in there.

Back