NBA Tuesday

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
Knicks (1.98 @ Pinnacle) 6 units

With all due respect to the Clippers' streak (7-3 last 10) I don't think they should be favored in Madison tonight. The Knicks aren't in the best of spots, since they're back on the road on Saturday, but Clippers have been a different kind of animal on the road, there is an obvious disparity between their home and road performances, at home they dictate the tempo, have more confidence in crunch time and are overall a better team, tend to impose their style, while away they haven't fulfilled their potential and I'm not going to treat them any different to that.
In their recent road games they've lost to Toronto, beaten the Celts, beaten Seattle who have been horrid lately, and lost to Golden State (almost a month ago now).
At home they haven't faced much of the league's top teams either; won against GSW, MEM, MIL, NJN. The only top team they beat lately were the Bulls, and that was in Los Angeles on the last day of January.

On the other side we have the Knicks, who welcomed their star center Eddy Curry back to the team. At the same time Curry is fired up for not being selected to the Eastern conference All star team, his teammates are supporting him and there's a statement factor there as well.
The Knicks are coming off a road win in Orlando, prior to that they lost to the Bobcats in Charlotte, but their home performances were quite solid: beating Miami +20, winning against the Lakers, and losing narrowly to the Suns.
The Clippers have no interior D at the moment, if we count out Elton Brand who is carrying a bit too much weight on his shoulders. He's getting scoring support from the wingman Corey Maggette, but inadequate performances by Chris Kaman (Kaman has struggled in his last five games, shooting 27.6 percent (8-for-29) for 20 total points, and more than that, he has shown inconsistency on the boards, which could be a problem against these Knicks) this season have left the Clippers flerting with .500 record constantly. And watching the Knicks lately they've got exactly the weapons to deal with that: Eddy Curry has been excellent of late, with Frye and Lee jumping in the Knicks should dominate the boards inside and out.
Liking the home dog situation and I'm on the Knicks here.

Good luck guys. :cheers:

Still thinking about other plays.

Have to agree with you here om NYK and the Over. I dont think they should be favored either but I can tell you why they were. Simply if you look at the seperation bewteen the Clippers and Lakers lines its generally that LAC lines fall 1 pt lower. So the Kobe Lakers were about -2.5 @ MSG before his suspension was announced and no real suprise that LAC opened -1.5.

I am not saying the line is correct it just a little thing you can do to figure out where to expect a line to open. If it doesnt then you can ask why have the adjusted...Books simply dont adjust much and when they finally do they tend to over do it. It why there can be value IN a certain team or wager for an extended period. Like in baseball a team can win 10 straight but be an underdog in everyone...same dal LAC and Chi can stink on the road but they(the books) stick to there numbers(keeping them small favs) as long as they are not getting killed.

Now no more discussions....Good Luck

eames, skinny thanks guys, GL tonight.

SportsNut, actually I'm not puzzled why the line is like this, I'm just trying to take advantage of it. The Lakers are a different kind of team now, obviously a better one than the Clipps. I understand how the bookies got to this line, but I also think the right one should be NYK -1,5. Anyways, I'm not on the pick due to some immense value but rather because I think this is a very probable hit, of course you can never be sure, but I like the match-up plus the whole situation here.

GL. :shake:

Like the look of the Knicks tonight as well.

GL Satyr, keep this run going.

Wasnt anything more then a general response. I didnt think you were puzzled but maybe someone else is .....BOL..

Gl Satyr....I made the Clips -1. Part of my reasoning was that while they do not have a good SU road record, teams from the West are still superior to the East....good luck tonight!

thanks guys, appreciate it. Even though we didn't get the battle on the glass, the Knicks 3rd Q run and good closing pushes us again to the payout window :D :).

:shake: :cheers:

Back