NBA Tuesday (Multi-Unit Play)

Gorgolon Lives

The Reverend of CTG
Been on my best run of the NBA year so far. There are a few more spots coming up this week with playoff hopes and seeds on the line. 2 Western Conference teams have stepped their game up right now: Houston & Denver. The East still sucks, and no one appears to want to win EXCEPT the Toronto Raptors. Avoid betting against these 3 teams down the stretch. Tomorrow's card is the worst in a while. One stands out for tomorrow:

Indiana ML -145 (5 Units) (L)
Indiana ML -150 (5 Units) -- Iguodala downgraded to Doubtful (L)

Pacers 2H -3.5 (5 units) (L)

Bulls 2H -2.5 (3 Units) (W)
<o></o>
I’m thinking the line will be about Indy -1 here. My unit size will depend on the line and the %'s of the wagers. Tinsley is QUES, but it won’t affect the play either way because Keith Mcleod has filled in nicely, and honestly Tinsely just doesn’t fit with this new team. The Pacers is still in the playoff race. They are 1.5 games back from Orlando for the 8<sup>th</sup> seed. Orlando still has road games at Detroit and Washington, and a home game the final game of the year vs. Miami. Indiana still has tough games at Miami and home games vs. Washington and New Jersey. So, this 8<sup>th</sup> seed is totally up for grabs. Indiana leads the season series 2-1. Their previous game, O’Neal was OUT and Indiana blew a 10pt lead to lose SU at home. Philly is coming off an emotional OT win vs. Atlanta, which they came back down double digits at home. Philly’s season is over. They are officially OUT of the playoff race, and Cheeks HAS acknowledged this by stating he will play his younger players more, especially in crucial situations no matter what the situation is. Guys like Lou Williams, Rod Carney, and Bobby Jones will be playing in crunch time. Philly has had success down this stretch w/ a dual big man system: starting 7ft’ers in Dalembert and Hunter. These guys are mainly good off the ball defenders, but they simply CANNOT guard anyone straight up, especially bigs that can step out and shoot the jumper. Well, tonight, they will be facing 2 of the best shooting bigs in the game: O’Neal and Murphy. These guys should have their way with Philly all night long, and put the Philly bigs in foul trouble. This is a good spot, and Philly’s public love right now should give this play some value on Indy at a short line.

Key Stat: Indiana has out-rebounded Philadelphia by an average of 11 rebounds per game in the 3 meetings this year. The only losing effort came WITHOUT Center O'Neal.

Mutherfuckin' play or fade!

Leans:

Bulls - points

GL :cheers:

Last edited:
now to get back to your call here.

i was suprised to hear you were on the pacers i thought we had discussed that they are a fish out of water. ill have too look into this i guess now, i originally just threw it out altogether.

now to get back to your call here.

i was suprised to hear you were on the pacers i thought we had discussed that they are a fish out of water. ill have too look into this i guess now, i originally just threw it out altogether.

Pacers still very much in the hunt for the 8th seed. With a win tonight, and a win Wednesday at Millwaukee, the Pacers will be tied for the 8th seed. Of course, that is assuming Orlando loses at Detroit Wednesday.

Note: If the Pacers and Orlando finished tied for the 8th seed, the tie breaker will be record vs. the EAST.

Pacers current record vs East: 24-22
Magic current record vs East: 22-25

That's unacceptable effort for the most coveted playoff spot right now.

when i look back on that play im so glad i laid off.

why? the bulls where coming off two massive blowouts over two playoff teams, one at the palace. the bulls were now being expected to just walk into canada and say "yeah were here to beat you." this approach will equate to a score that was shown in the boxscore. chicago had to have came into this game feeling that they would just win. way wrong. the bulls cant come into any game thinking they are just gonna win easily. thats not their team. they have to focus their entire mindset for 48 mins. if the energy and focus is not there the bulls would be slightly above .500 and a 6 or 7 seed. chicago is not a talented team they are a deep team, where everybody is just about = or there is a slight falloff.

also, i wasnt aware that toronto had such a fanbase for this raptors team. dont remember that from when chicago played at toronto earlier this year. guess they jumped on the toronto bandwagon somewhere in between.

Pacers can easily go 4-2 these last 6 games next two games are must wins then they play @ MIA and home vs NJ who own them

in case you guys dont know this. we have the knicks lotto pick this year. we beat their ass and make sure they lose.

since your a phila local can you update me on what kind of rotation they have been using the last week or so?

I understand the huge motivational edge for the Pacers, but it's just scary since the Sixers have been playing so well at the end of the season. The Sixers are 14-9 since the all star break while the Pacers are 6-18. I do like how they came out against the Pistons though and how they took care of the business against Char and Boston... I'm just saying the Sixers are a scary team to bet against now. Also, nice job by Brewer to point out that the Bulls are playing for both seeding and draft position tonight .. pretty funny situation. GL tonight Believe

since your a phila local can you update me on what kind of rotation they have been using the last week or so?

It looks like we have some injuries today. Like I said, Tinsley doesn't matter too much. And Foster is playing, so that's good. For the Sixers, Korver is OUT. That is a pretty big loss. Iguodala, Dalembert, and Carney are QUES. I found this from a Philly paper:

Walking wounded: Rookie Rodney Carney collided with Samuel Dalembert late in the fourth quarter on Sunday and left the game with a sprained left knee. He didn't return against the Hawks and is listed as day-to-day.
Andre Iguodala (strained lower back) and Dalembert (left knee swelling) will most likely be in the starting lineup tonight against Indiana.

Sixers will start Dalembert at 5, Hunter at 4, AI at 3, Green at 2, Miller at 1. I don't think Carney will play. That leaves the Sixers with just 6 available bench players. But 2 are Ollie and Henderson, both don't see ANY time anymore. So essentially, they are down to 4 bench players: 20 y/o Lou Williams (PG), Joe Smith (PF), rookie Bobby Jones (SG), and rookie Lou Amundson (PF) who just joined this team a few weeks ago.

I'm mad I missed out on PK because I didn't wake up til 3pm. The line sits at 2.5, so I took my chances & grabbed the -145. I should know who is playing before 6pm, so if Dalembert and/or AI is out, I will be adding more, hopefully before the books can adjust the line.

I understand the huge motivational edge for the Pacers, but it's just scary since the Sixers have been playing so well at the end of the season. The Sixers are 14-9 since the all star break while the Pacers are 6-18. I do like how they came out against the Pistons though and how they took care of the business against Char and Boston... I'm just saying the Sixers are a scary team to bet against now. Also, nice job by Brewer to point out that the Bulls are playing for both seeding and draft position tonight .. pretty funny situation. GL tonight Believe

Philly has definately been playing some solid ball, especially at home. But these injuries will hurt. Just Korver being OUT alone hurts them. Cheeks called this guy the team MVP. This team loses a significant scoring option. At this stage of the game, I am banking on teams in MUST-WIN spots to get it done. Only team that has burnt me so far as been Miami Heat 2H play, but I think they fooled me on their attitude about seeding.

It appears that Carney, AI, and Dalembert all will play. I missed the beginning of the update on the local telecast, but nothing was mentioned when I tuned it.

looks like another 5* for me 2* on the pk em and 3* on the ML baby

Missed out on Chi full game, so Imma take the 2H here. Bulls play their best game all year. maybe a little pissed after the Raptors loss...

Back