NBA Thursday...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
71-69-3 (5.87 units)

Alright, got the split last night and posted an actual positive day. I'll take it after how Detroit stunk up the joint. They needed that game but they showed the lack of spark tonight. It happens. Looking back, it woulda been easier to lay off if Jersey just had not been stinking it up as of late. NoLa hung on late despite blowing a double-digit lead and covered late. I'll take it and move on to Thursday...

BeLIEve made a thread earlier and I'll take the one key point from that people should realize. The 5th seed is and should be a very big goal for the Sixers right now. Granted, Miami as well but this game here is a focus on the Sixers. They are tied right now and have tiebreaker I believe. Like beLIEve said earlier, a win in the first round would be big for the organization and show a total turnaround from the first few months and the big Elton contract.

Two previous meetings this year. Philly won both. They covered both as well. They were 3.5 chalk back when they sucked in December at home. They were catching 7.5 on road at Milwaukee and won outright. Both wins were by 5 points.

Scheduling. The Sixers have been going every other day since they got back from their WC swing on the 25th. They beat Atlanta easily on Tuesday night in the possible playoff preview. They have a matinee against Detroit on Saturday in a revenge game from last Sunday night. They blew a 4th qtr lead and in all honesty were dominating that game imo early on. Now, the Bucks. They played a very interesting 4 game swing in their own conference. It went Toronto, the sunshine swing and up to New Jersey. They had one day off and came home to play the Lakers tonight. They led in 4th but ended up losing by 6 although covering. I woulda faded them tonight but last leg of Lakers 7 game trip and the waning interest made it a no play on that game either way due to the scheduling. This isn't the exact scenario of the 5 games+ opposite coast swing with day off/game/then b2b road game that I love so much but with the intangibles it comes right to it imo.

The Bucks played hard on Wednesday night. Even though their season is soon to be done its still one of the elite teams in your building. They just couldn't finish. I am hoping and expecting they have a flat performance after that(much like Det after Cleveland in weird parallel ways). They have a homestand after and the season is winding down. I think they get down and get blown out in 2nd half. We have a team playing for a favorable seed against one in a tough scheduling spot off a tough loss playing out the string.

Sign me up.

Philadelphia -8.5 -110 5 units

Win this and I'll be up a tad on season overall and close to even on posted plays. I think this is a very good play. Cap it yourself though. And if you don't cap it yourself feel free to make an alias and post in this thread tomorrow night at about 8 est.

GL
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, I want to talk about something SF Capper brought up in Wednesday Discussion thread regarding a possible Orlando/Detroit first round tilt. It may happen, it may not. Detroit is either 7th, 8th or 9th. Orlando is 2nd or 3rd. Seems like they are trying to avoid them losing to Raps(just kidding t-dot).

First of all, a few weeks ago the Orlando papers came out and some players/coaches/media basically said they feared playing Detroit in first round. I mean, understandable. I want to say its 22 of 26 or 24 of 28 lately Detroit has won. They swept them this year and have won two consecutive playoff series against them. Now, Dwight came out the other day and said he wants Detroit. He wants to get past that mental stage and beat big brother to use a term. Rasheed is kinda like his mentor in some facets and its fitting.

First point, is the guard play. It used to be that Detroit bigger guards would pick on Jameer and whoever lined up next to him. This was true. Things are a bit different now, as Orlando has more size and Detroit has chemistry issues. We shall see here.

Second is that Detroit doesn't have to double Howard. Rasheed still gets up for these matchups and while Dwight will get say 22-14, the other players don't get their usual looks. This is a big difference and why Orlando has so many problems with Detroit. Rasheed didn't even play in last meeting after first few minutes and Detroit still won. The big thing in that game was Dwight barely touched ball late in game.

If this series happens, and I hope it does I expect that Orlando wins in all honesty. I think it will be a helluva battle and go 7 games though. It will mark the end of an era of sorts in this rivalry. It may also be too appeasing to the Magic and set them up for a short-series loss to Boston in say 5 in the next round(provided KG is healthy).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

:shake:

And if you don't cap it yourself feel free to make an alias and post in this thread tomorrow night at about 8 est.

Consider it done.

Nice Joe.

btw, the Kings retired Vlade's number? What is this world coming too. Kevin Martin should have his retired by end of next year at this rate.

B.A.R.
I think you short-changed yourself on the units, man. Wednesday was a plus day.:shake:

Wow. Big one. I basically agree with tuck's thoughts in the other thread about Philly being a joke of a team, but I hope they come thru in this spot for ya. GL man.

If the Pistons meet orlando, I like the Pistons to win that series.

Alston is a killer. The only thing he and nelson have in common is that they play the pg position. As weird as it sounds AI will shine in that playoff series.

I can go in more detail if it ever happens, regardless to say I think Orlando gets bounced in the 1R.

And if you don't cap it yourself feel free to make an alias and post in this thread tomorrow night at about 8 est.

will i get my free T-shirt ;)

big play BAW...not sure i can play it that high in units but at -7.5 now, may tickle it

Line drop, I actually laughed last night to myself that some whale would hammer other side after seeing this play.

I am inclined to add more in all honesty..but...

He's referring to next year and beyond with whoever he signs with in FA.

The deal with him is he will have to retire early because he may have 1-2 starting years left in league, but with right team. Does he want a championship or maintain that great career scoring average? I think that plays part of it. So many great players career stats are skewed by playing out the string of their career with some substandard seasons and less playing time.

Took this from Discussion thread, definitely helps explain the move....

The 3 refs combined with the home team as faves of 5-9.5 is 19-31 ATS

PHI is 0-10 SU with Rodney Mott as a ref in his last 10 assignments with them <!-- / message -->

You know what Ca$He,

Obviously its a concern. Certain teams have that villain official that they can't win against. I still love the situation too much. That is definitely why line moved imo. Now, if I had played a total and it was heavily biased one way I would consider the hedge.

Couple other plays in other sports....

Just gonna post them here to not clutter other forums.

PSU ML +155
Anaheim Ducks +140

Read tigercubs thread in Hockey. Excellent spot here. Kinda like the NBA scheduling spot we speak so much of. Vancouver played a 6 game trip over 10 days and comes home to a hot, desperate team. They then go back on road..not B2B but on Saturday night to Edmonton. From what I can find, Hiller is expected to start....Yanks says thats huge from talking to him other night and what he just told me a bit ago.....Anaheim is right in the thick for 8th seed and has a home&home coming up against the Sharks. Another pivotal game. Think the value lies here. Just rolling over my winnings on Ducks from Tuesday night.

GL to all on your plays tonight.

Took this from Discussion thread, definitely helps explain the move....

The 3 refs combined with the home team as faves of 5-9.5 is 19-31 ATS

PHI is 0-10 SU with Rodney Mott as a ref in his last 10 assignments with them <!-- / message -->

Is there a website you guys get your ref information from?

Well, this certainly sucks...

I got to the puter a minute late to play 2nd half too..

Oh well, they gave some false hope cat 87-82 but what can you do...gotta play 48 minutes to cover big spreads..heck even win outright...

Refs certainly haven;t been a factor with all the FT's the Sixers have shot

well done BAW

wrote this off 1H....nice to be on the right side of a 2H romp to cover -7

thnx amigo

Thanks fellas..

J, your right...I am guessing the legs came out from under the Bucks...the tiredness caught up

Go Cavs 2nd half

damn

Wiz came to play...not backin down

think the cavs r bored...they want that home record and just waitin til season is over

Yeah, still think they get this done late...same kinda game as Tuesday..not as intense of defense...

really could open door here losing tonight then big game tomorrow...

Busted Anal Rapist.
Bored Although Ready.
Bested And Rested.
Barely Always Right.
Back And Rocking.

5!

lol John

Cavs started taking control through first 5 minutes of 4th but Bullets have responded.

wow, that was quick....2-2 eh?

Cleveland just didn't turn it on defensively for more than a few short stretches...I'd do it again...getting 1.5 for game with a possible 68 win team against one of the worst even in the sandwich game

Back