NBA 'Super Situation' for the upcoming 2024-2025 Season...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
You know the deal with this... they rarely schedule these anymore but through my initial schedule capping I have located one....

For those wondering, this is the deal...

A team hits the road for a 5+ game road trip with all the other games in the other conference.

Said team then has one day off after the last game before their first home game of the trip.

Immediately after that home game, they once again hit the road on a B2B for a road game.

The thinking here is the players arrive back home and have little time to reacclimate. By the time that b2b road games hits, they are ready to pack things in.

Using the 5-game trip as an example -- you basically turn that home game into another 'stop' on the trip, In essence, this will be a 7-game trip.

Yes, you could use this on a 4-game trip, but for the full 'Super Situation' you need 5+ games.

I started tracking this back the winter before CTG while still at blankets. The next season I believe we won all but one of our bets (Nash-led Suns were a nemesis that year).

What do you bet here? You can bet that home game AND the next. You can simply bet on the second one. My philosophy for years was to go 1x and then 2x in that order. As we are closer to this trip we can examine all the intangibles to lay out a better plan.

We have 6 months till this happens, but mark this in your calendars now!

Team: The Cleveland Cavaliers

The Trip:

Tuesday, March 18th @ LA Clippers
Wednesday, March 19th @ Sacramento
Friday, March 21st @ Phoenix
Sunday, March 23rd @ Utah
Tuesday, March 25fh @ Portland
Thursday, March 27th vs San Antonio
Friday, March 28th @ Detroit

(games we are betting are italicized)

* One more note here -- before this trip starts the Cavs have a road game on the Friday before and then a home game on Sunday -- they will be tired

Minnesota has one that isn't the full situation but definitely will be one to watch...

I'll outline the full few weeks here for better context. This is right after the all-star break.

Friday, February 21st @ Houston
Sunday, February 23rd vs Oklahoma City
Monday, February 24th @ Oklahoma City
Thursday, February 27th @ Los Angeles
Friday, February 28th @ Utah
Sunday, March 2nd @ Phoenix
Tuesday, March 4th vs Philadelphia
Wednesday, March 5th @ Charlotte
Friday, March 7th @ Miami

So, the caveats here...

-Not 5 full games in the opposite conference
-They might head home between the OKC road game and the LA Lakers game.

With that being said, this is a really interesting stretch out of the break that one would think provides some opportunities!

And here we are, another super situation! This one is a doozy!

Team: The Portland Trailblazers

The Trip:

Monday, February 24th @ Utah
Wednesday, February 26th @ Washington
Friday, February 28th @Brooklyn
Sunday, March 2nd @Cleveland
Monday, March 3rd @Philadelphia
Wednesday, March 5th @Boston
Friday, March 7th @Oklahoma City
Sunday, March 9th vs Detroit
Monday, March 10th @ Golden State

This one has the requisite 5 games in the opposite conference AND bookends with road games in-conference. This is a doozy!

I will not lie -- I am ecstatic to find these situations for next winter.

A situational handicapper at heart, the NBA schedule has slowly taken away my enjoyment in finding truly great spots.

There are a handful of other interesting stretches I'll detail more in the coming weeks.

I did notice that most, if not all, of the Utah/Denver b2b's have a day of rest in-between now.

The next part of these 'caps' is to cap the opponents schedules on our spot plays.

More to come...

Back