NBA Restart -- Schedule Capping

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
From everything I read, it is the next 8 games in your schedule.

This should be very interesting. Obviously not all the teams are going to be in Orlando. So, you basically skip that game and play the next one on your schedule.

With no homecourt it will be extra interesting to see how teams treat these games that are already clinched and whatnot. I definitely see teams trying to get Utah in 1st round for example.

First example

Last edited:
Lakers

Rockets
Nuggets
Jazz
Jazz
Toronto
Washington
Indiana
Sacramento

That is not confirmed, but I skipped over their Charlotte, Detroit, Minnesota and Cleveland games.

A sentiment out there is that Washington should just tank anyways. What is the point of getting in the playoffs? They need talent.

Look at this possible schedule, brutal

Boston
OK City
Philadelphia
Brooklyn
Milwaukee
Boston
Phoenix
Milwaukee

Last edited:
Denver

San Antonio
LA Lakers
LA Clippers
OK City
Toronto
Miami
San Antonio
Oklahoma City

Last edited:

Lakers

Rockets
Nuggets
Jazz
Jazz
Toronto
Washington
Indiana
Sacramento

That is not confirmed, but I skipped over their Charlotte, Detroit, Minnesota and Cleveland games.
But Sacramento's next eight possible games end before their Laker game.

Pelicans
Nets
Mavs
Rockets
Magic
Pelicans
Pacers
Spurs
then Clippers
then Lakers

Did they really think they could drop 8 teams and then think every other team would just play out their existing schedule and all match at exactly the eighth game? No wonder these guys are taking so damn long to figure this out. They're morons.

The league is 3/4 black players, just tell officials you're honoring George Floyd by playing out the rest of the season as is, in your own arenas, with fans. It's what George would've wanted. Who's going to object? Silver? Cuomo?

But Sacramento's next eight possible games end before their Laker game.

Pelicans
Nets
Mavs
Rockets
Magic
Pelicans
Pacers
Spurs
then Clippers
then Lakers
Good point.

I am sure they will clarify that tomorrow.

Still thinking the NBA missed some real strong opportunities here. Why not play in each city's football stadium? They're currently empty, and the size allows fans with social distancing built in. Plus the court and players would be a safe distance from the fans. And the outdoor element would be pretty cool.

Will there be any HCA? Any incentive to be the “home” team? Control over PA and audio? Bring your own hype announcer guy? Play your preferred music?

Still thinking the NBA missed some real strong opportunities here. Why not play in each city's football stadium? They're currently empty, and the size allows fans with social distancing built in. Plus the court and players would be a safe distance from the fans. And the outdoor element would be pretty cool.

Good idea if you want to see brick after brick.

I can only imagine the amount of crying from LeCramps about the wind affecting his jumpshot.

Will there be any HCA? Any incentive to be the “home” team? Control over PA and audio? Bring your own hype announcer guy? Play your preferred music?

Nope. In a crowd-less environment the better talented teams advantage increases tenfold.

Only the Ghost of Stern can even the odds.

This is key here. They have no reason to play for NBA Finals HCA now. They should wrap up the West #1 seed quickly and can rest the guys the last few games.

The Clippers will still be battling for seeding.

I don’t see the Clippers caring much beyond getting their legs back. The standings are so impossible to predict and they have the inside track on the 2/3 bracket. Honestly with their depth I wouldn’t be shocked to see Doc approach it like preseason with Kawhi / PG minutes, just ramp them up.

capping these games is kind of impossible because we have no idea who is fit. First half unders could be worth a look early but markets can overcorrect in a matter of days there too.

Better teams will want to wrap this up quicker, too, right? There’s no ridiculous waits in between series it sounds like.

they tried to get extra fouls, stay in better hotels, etc...The only one I heard that the NBA is considering is that the higer seeded team gets to pick what jerseys to wear each game....LOL

If we’ve learned anything the venues will need music and the “home” team should be able to control that as if it was a normal home game.

Lakers

Rockets
Nuggets
Jazz
Jazz
Toronto
Washington
Indiana
Sacramento

Well, looks like they are just gonna toss a Lakers - Clippers game in for heck of it.

The ole NBA had 6 games for Lakers and 8 for the Clippers but decided to get creative I see.

Of course Zion as well.

Ratings > Covid

Still want to know how they pulled that clippers Lakers game out of their ass.

Last edited:
Honest opinion. Shit maybe we don’t know and maybe I’ve missed a thread but for Pels specially this corona shit has to hurt bad bad

Back