NBA Playoffs: First Round Plays...

emkee

The Truth Is Out There
Regular Season:

78-62-1 (+27.07)

Let's make some money.

Not dropping my plays just yet, gonna put up my Game 1 'spreads' first.

Home team in bold, Vegas spread in brackets.

Saturday...

Raptors -7.5
(-6) v Pacers

Warriors -12 (-13) v Rockets

Hawks -5 (-4.5) v Celtics

Thunder -10 (-12) v Mavericks

Sunday...

Cavaliers -9
(-10) v Pistons

Heat -3 (-4.5) v Hornets

Spurs -15 (-15) v Grizzlies

Clippers -5.5 (-7) v Trail Blazers

BAR...

:shake2:

Most spreads not far off, Vegas lines moving as we speak though. 'Perception' moves.

See some definite plays but will wait for shit to settle.

Home teams are 24-10 SU (15-18-1 ATS) in the first game of the playoffs since the 2010 season.

Yes it looked like you had every fave in game one.. Read it wrong

U like to play the faves...
And I thought the first post was your plays and I looked again and it's just your line...
ok coach

You'll go broke betting predominantly faves in the 1st two rounds.

System does like the favorites during the regular season though but hey it works (except in April).

You prefer Coach or DD ?

You'll go broke betting predominantly faves in the 1st two rounds.

System does like the favorites during the regular season though but hey it works (except in April).

You prefer Coach or DD ?

lol no preference

Thanks Paulie.

Game 1 of the First Round is generally the craziest game of the series. Have often asked myself why I even play the Game 1's.

Sometimes it's better to wait for the angles/situations Game 2 presents depending on who won or lost.

See a few Game 1's here that I can't resist though.

Also the refs come into play a lot more in the postseason, bigger stage, bigger calls. Gonna be odd not having Joey Crawford in there.

Will be keeping a tally of these refs as the playoffs roll on.

Here we go.

Houston Rockets at Golden State Warriors
(Game 1)

The play...

Warriors -13 (2 units)

Obvious play for me first up. Thoughts a little later.

:popcorn:

Dubs after record breaking win, first game of the playoffs... anything is possible imho...

Good luck em!

GL man, I'm one who appreciates even when I don't bet this stuff. All the best

And I'll likely bet this, thinking about a GSW team total chase

Thanks fellas.

Dubs' advantages at PF and PG are massive in this match-up. Dubs can also throw a ton of bigs at Dwight, Bogut - Festus - Mo.

Harden averaging around 38% shooting vs the Dubs, Klay does a pretty good job there.

Home faves of 12 or more in the opening game of the playoffs are 8-0 SU and 7-1 ATS.

If the Dubs limit the turnovers, they roll.

adding...

Dallas Mavericks at Oklahoma City Thunder
(Game 1)

The play...

Thunder -11.5 (1.5 units)

Gonna keep playing the mismatches out West.

This one a small play purely because of the dude in my avy.

Coaching mismatch, yes. Rick >>> Billy D but this series will be dominated by talent and OKC has plenty of that.

Dirk's clock has turned midnight, sad but true. Funny but the Mavs are gonna actually miss David Lee in these first few games,

Dude out with a heel tear.

That same trend for the Dubs game also applies here.

Last edited:
Worth noting Dion Waiters is a certified Mavs killer.

Sunday playoff menu looks good.

Was afraid of the points in Thunder game but you talked me into it. On the over personally already so big game. Let's get it

adding...

Memphis Grizzlies at San Antonio Spurs
(Game 1)

The play...

Spurs -15.5 (2 units)

It is what it is here.

Spurs should suffocate this team.

Last edited:
Gl em. Great calls. Noticed every game went under by a lot as well except in atl.

Thanks fellas.

Had too do it. Gonna stick with the opening theme and what's working.

Detroit Pistons at Cleveland Cavaliers (Game 1)

The play...

Cavaliers -10.5 (1.5 units)

Found a 10.5, would obviously still play an 11.

Deer in the headlights game for Detroit, only Reggie has had any playoff minutes. Is everyone else's first playoff game.

LeCramps is 10-0 SU (9-1 ATS) in the opening game of the playoffs.

Home faves of 11 or more are 14-0 SU (12-2 ATS) in the opening game of the playoffs (based on closing line).

This series should be interesting but not today.

lol

LeBron James
‎@KingJames

Zero Dark Thirty- 23 activated. #StriveForGreatness
<a href="https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/721535342642348032" class="timeline-Tweet-timestamp" data-scribe="element:mini_timestamp" style="color: rgb(102, 117, 128); text-decoration: none; outline: 0px; font-size: 12px; line-height: 18px; background-color: transparent;"><time class="dt-updated" datetime="2016-04-17T03:06:45+0000" pubdate="" title="Time posted: 17 Apr 2016, 03:06:45 (UTC)" aria-label="Posted 14 hours ago">14<abbr title="hours" style="border-bottom-width: 0px;">h</abbr></time>

Is hacking good or bad for unders? On the one hand, the guy misses free throws and the game gets kind of choppy, but on the other hand, the clock keeps stopping. What do you think?

Is hacking good or bad for unders? On the one hand, the guy misses free throws and the game gets kind of choppy, but on the other hand, the clock keeps stopping. What do you think?
Well, without any stats to back me up (other than the fact that it's Sunday), I'd have to assume it's bad for unders as the team doing the hacking is probably trailing and looking to squeeze in as many possessions (and baskets) as possible. Probably depend on when it's taking place as well (I'll never forget that Ivy League game I had when my under blew up in my face with 23 points the last 45 seconds).

And good luck today as well emkee.

It seems to work for me when I have an over.. Especially if the fool on the line can at least go 1 for 2.

I need this game to start. Everywhere I turn, I get bad under news. Hugh's on the Pistons 1H over. Lang's on the under. Hacking. This score's going to be like an All-Star game.

Back