NBA Playoff Plays (Conference Finals)...

emkee

The Truth Is Out There
Regular season: 71-51 (+22.01)

Playoffs: 14-11-1 (+7.45)

Had a much better 2nd round but couldn't pick my nose in the Rox/Clips series going 0-3.

Both series look like a wash but the league likes to surprise.

Tuesday...

Houston Rockets at Golden State Warriors

The play...

Warriors
-9.5 (3 units)

Normally wouldn't lay such a big number in a Conference Finals game but I'll play my numbers given the situation.

:shake:

BAR...

Jet averaged almost 30 mins per game in the Clippers series. Good luck guarding Steph.

No real trends to support this play because a double-digit fave in this round has never happened in the last 20 years, maybe more. Believe that to be rather telling.

Dubs are a play purely from a 'situational' and match-up standpoint. They are the evolution of the league.

As for the refs, don't mind them. Danny Crawford does not like Dwight.

GL man, I got nothing right now. Will definitely jump on the dubs in game if they get down. I hate laying double digits.

GL man, I got nothing right now. Will definitely jump on the dubs in game if they get down. I hate laying double digits.

Thanks CM.

Spread of 10+ is unprecedented for a 2-seed.

We shall see, I got a good line.

2legit2quit.png

GL man...think this game gets ugly

Splash bros should see open looks all nite

Disinterested start, surprising inefficiency at the line and Klay's no-show cost the Dubs. Seeing a definite degree of arrogance with the Dubs, which could be concerning. Team knows they are better and could virtually name the score against Houston, all depends if they care to do so.

That's the perils of laying 8+ in a late round playoff game.

Interesting refs assigned in the A, play up in a bit.

Emkee,

What's the read on Game 2? The number got as high as 11 at one point in the trading. Dwight doesn't seem to be moving the meter, and I haven't checked on his status. My initial thought is GS first half / poss first QTR, as Kerr seems to do a good job of getting them refocused after playing a game in which they lacked focus.

Lastly, for my sake, can you please change your Avatar quote or whatever the hell the thing is called. The "Eagles? Go Phillies" thing is driving me nuts....lol....:shake:

Still looking at this game, Smh. Really wished the Rockets closed the deal and won SU or got blown out in Game 1, fact they didn't makes it a tough one.

Regarding the quote, think Grump gave it to me without my agreement 4 or 5 years ago. Agree it needs to change, will leave that up to the mods to decide what fits.

Got small late play on the Cavs last night based on refs.

Thursday...

Houston Rockets at Golden State Warriors

The play...

Warriors -9.5 (2 units)

Iffy series despite the Dubs having the clear advantage. Eye test told me in Game 1 that Golden State could rollover the Rockets with relative ease should they choose to do so, Rox threw a pretty good shot the other night and still almost lost by double-digits with the Dubs getting no contribution from Klay. Will roll the dice once again with the hefty spread with an eye on Houston for Game 3. Hopefully this is a Dubs' blowout. No excuses for them not being up for this game given the start and finish of Game 1.

Home team 8-2 SU and has a 10.3 points differential in games reffed by McCutchen this postseason.

Not really. Warriors are going to explode at some point. As long as they aren't trailing by far at that point, it shouldn't matter when the explosion happens.

Not really. Warriors are going to explode at some point. As long as they aren't trailing by far at that point, it shouldn't matter when the explosion happens.

Dubs 0-5 ATS this postseason when losing the 1st quarter. 5-1 ATS when winning the 1st quarter (covered last 5 in-a-row).

It's important as it sets the precedent for a team that runs on mojo.

Anyway... here comes the boom for the Warriors!
They are one point away from that 15 points lead that no team have yet to come back from against GSW this season...

Can't cover spreads with 15+ turnovers. Fool me once, fool me twice.

Will only lay more than 7 with this team if it's a closeout game.

Harden should never have passed on that last possession, cost him.

15-13 (+4.05)

1-5 in Rockets games this postseason. How does this team do it.

Friday...

Cleveland Cavaliers at Atlanta Hawks

The play...

Hawks ML -125 (3.75 to win 3)

Auto-play on the Hawks. 'Numbers' approve.

Always a tough ask to win both road games to open up a series, Hawks aren't quitters. Carroll a significant loss but speculation Kyrie is out.

Unlikely JR gets unconscious from outside again and of course, no Scott Foster.

Home teams that lost Game 1 are 46-9 SU (32-22-1 ATS) in Game 2 last 55 occurrences (95-29 SU all-time).

1-seeds are 22-3 SU (14-11 ATS) off a Game 1 loss at home (15-0 SU last 15).

LeBron 1-5 SU in the playoffs as an away dog off an away dog win.

Not gonna be easy.

Some of the interwebs finest fades on the Hawks tonight.

Steam has been a killer.

Playoffs not following the script this season but have to stick with what's worked in the past.

Hawks 11-2 SU and ATS off a loss as a favorite (3-1 SU and ATS in the playoffs) this season.

Hawks 3-0 SU and ATS off a home loss (1-0 SU and ATS in the playoffs) this season.

Not sure of kyries status but Hawks play well off a loss - gotta figure clev playing with house money and happy to have home court now

Not sure of kyries status but Hawks play well off a loss - gotta figure clev playing with house money and happy to have home court now

Would figure that, was the first time LeBron won a Game 1 on the road as well.

JR and Scott Foster put Game 1 out of reach. Hawks couldn't of played any worse in the game either.

Is a solid bounceback spot, hate the movement.

Good luck man! Opposite of you again, Hawks have not been here before, different type of game right now, LBJ has control of this series. People are still seeing the regular season Hawks team. Atl has regressed while Cle has slowly been showing the signs of the team we expected to see. No Love no problem. This series will be over fast and people will be saying WTF happened to Atl by next week.

I'm no NBA player, but this seems like an obvious Atl play...bounce back, Irving out, gotta have home win

GL emkee

Good luck man! Opposite of you again, Hawks have not been here before, different type of game right now, LBJ has control of this series. People are still seeing the regular season Hawks team. Atl has regressed while Cle has slowly been showing the signs of the team we expected to see. No Love no problem. This series will be over fast and people will be saying WTF happened to Atl by next week.

Cavs haven't been here either aside from LBJ and a few dinosaurs on the back-end of the bench. Hard to keep winning when down on troops. Hawks have responded every time they've face adversity so far this postseason, trust them to do it again. Hardest situation in the playoffs is winning back to back on the opponents floor.

Health Jake.

Mentally the Cavs could take the night off, 'rest' a few with a limited intensity approach and prepare for a full on assault in Game's 3 and 4. They've already 'stolen' the homecourt advantage.

LeBron just on a mission. Hawks look tired. Interesting one today in Houston....time to bounce back....Gl Em.

Saturday...

Playoff chase in effect. Riding the situation in spite of the refs.

Golden State Warriors at Houston Rockets

The play...

Rockets +1 (4 units)

Got to think reverse perception. Your standard zig-zag, tried and true methods are dead.

The 'better' team is clearly the better team.

Back