NBA MVP Discussion

Harden for me

Russ is unreal doing what he has to do, and he thrives in that role. But for me, Harden makes all players around him better, like Nash (go figure, a Suns fan and the D'Antoni era here was cloud 9) but that is what I like to see...the cog that makes the wheel turn. Helluva cog.

Take it a step further, as a Suns fan I can't stand San Antonio. But I appreciate virtually everything about them. And Kawhi is not only one of my favorite CBB players of all time, he'll likely be on the top shelf once he hangs em up. He most certainly will deserve the awards he gets at some point, in this league of entertainment, show, glamor, press, etc....that guy is someone everyone should be happy to call a teammate.

Hope he fights through the muck and gets his just for playing the game

Harden for me

Russ is unreal doing what he has to do, and he thrives in that role. But for me, Harden makes all players around him better, like Nash (go figure, a Suns fan and the D'Antoni era here was cloud 9) but that is what I like to see...the cog that makes the wheel turn. Helluva cog.

Love Jimmy and Nash was great but they both have one thing in common...

Just brutal defensively and didn't care...

That is my sticking point here.

Nash led the league in taking charges one or both of those years

Just sayin

Defense is in the eye of the beholder

Nash led the league in taking charges one or both of those years

Just sayin

Defense is in the eye of the beholder

And I watched a lot of games back then. He was a HUGE liability. Chauncey used to eat him up.

Be curious to see how Harden's "shitty" defense has led to fast break points, I know it's hard to categorize but it's very relevant

And I watched a lot of games back then. He was a HUGE liability. Chauncey used to eat him up.

Come on, game on the line that guy was always in position for a huge charge. It was one of his best qualities. And dismissed all over.

Westbrook needed overtime for his historic stat line but still played only 42 minutes. Thunder coach Billy Donovan has remained committed all season to managing Westbrook's workload, keeping him under 40 minutes for every non-overtime game this season. Westbrook has played 40-plus minutes only five times this season, and Wednesday was the first time it had happened since Nov. 30. For comparison, Harden has played 15 games with 40 or more minutes, and LeBron James has played 20.

That is impressive. I did not know that about his minutes.

LW is that team, and it's unbelievable how he wills them to win games. Kinda must watch.

Just to think if they could hold on to LW/Durant/Beard....it would likely be a real argument against the Jordan/Pippen Bulls if they could all get along

And if that cunt bag Horry didn't hip check him into the boards in game 4, which obviously got Amare and Diaw suspended for game 5, Suns finally win a title that year. Yeah, I'm bitter. That was the season.

LW is that team, and it's unbelievable how he wills them to win games. Kinda must watch.

Just to think if they could hold on to LW/Durant/Beard....it would likely be a real argument against the Jordan/Pippen Bulls if they could all get along

I always here that being said but it was never gonna happen. There are not enough basketballs for that to happen and there would have been no bigs inside to help...It would have been a real fun team that turned acrimonious at some point. That is about it.

And if that cunt bag Horry didn't hip check him into the boards in game 5, which obviously got Amare and Diaw suspended for game 6, Suns finally win a title that year. Yeah, I'm bitter. That was the season.

Suns fans been holding onto that for ages.

Those teams were fun to watch, but not an NBA championship team, especially in that era.

Suns fans been holding onto that for ages.

Those teams were fun to watch, but not an NBA championship team, especially in that era.

One cheap shot away, that's not ages...just a decade ago

But that was brutal. Stern changed his plans to show up...I was there

One cheap shot away, that's not ages...just a decade ago

But that was brutal. Stern changed his plans to show up...I was there

I am well aware of the series. Your Suns were closer 2-3 times in the 90's than ten years ago.

They lost the season series to Spurs.

They were down 2-1 in this particular series.

They had every chance to win that Game 5 without the guys. Game 6 they got blown away till they made score respectable in 4th.

They weren't my Suns in the 90's

You know damned well that game 5 was basically the championship, couple minnows short. Game 6 was a formality.

I guess if you really want to get saucy the Joe Johnson broken face kinda sucked too.

But I'm stuck on 2007

What is LW supposed to signify? Left Wing?

Changed my mind completely, btw.

Give Brodie the MVP.

Hit the game winner and killed a teams dreams.

Oh yeah and got 43 triple-doubles in a season.

Fuck all the analytics and politics.

Westbrook is hands down the MVP. There has been no bigger story this NBA season. And that's part of what gets the decision done. The warriors were put on the back burner..... It would be a travesty if he doesn't get it.

C83IXKzUAAIA-by.jpg

Flipped on this one again.

Got beer money on Kawhi but Jimmy is the MVP, no doubt.

Won't be changing my mind again.

What a season for the stat geeks.

[TABLE="class: lines"]
<tbody>[TR="class: linesSubHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"]<small>NBA Regular Season - Most Valuable Player</small>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRow"]
[TD]Mon 6/26[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]25601 R.Westbrook wins regular season MVP[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M1_44" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> -515 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRowBot"]
[TD]3:05PM[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]25602 Field wins NBA regular season MVP[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M2_44" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> +345 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Mon 6/26[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]25603 James Harden wins regular season MVP[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M1_45" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> +350 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]25604 Field wins NBA regular season MVP[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M2_45" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> -530 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Mon 6/26[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]25605 Westbrook/Harden wins regular season MVP[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M1_46" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> -7850 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]25606 Field wins NBA regular season MVP[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M2_46" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> +2550 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

MVP getting called in June now and we know Russ won't be balling come June.

The voting is over though right? I was trying to find out when the voting closed but didn't have any luck.

i read that they announce mvp after the first round...

i got 250 on Russ to win at +110
then i wussed out a week later and put 120 on Beard to win 100...not sure how the storyline of Russ and triple double doesn't win him the award. agree or not, its too big a story to give it to anyone else

i read that they announce mvp after the first round...

i got 250 on Russ to win at +110
then i wussed out a week later and put 120 on Beard to win 100...not sure how the storyline of Russ and triple double doesn't win him the award. agree or not, its too big a story to give it to anyone else

isnt there a primetime special after the season is over this year?

the nfl would milk this so hard

The voting is over though right? I was trying to find out when the voting closed but didn't have any luck.

Initially I thought voting closed at 9am today but apparently it doesn't.

League also stopped team-affiliated broadcasters/media from voting.

Now 100 'independent' dudes will cast their votes.

Will be announced June 26th.

lol

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/PYa6bBv3rI">pic.twitter.com/PYa6bBv3rI</a> &quot;This thing right here..Is letting everybody know what everyone's talkin bout.&quot;</p>&mdash; SisQó (@OfficialSisQo) <a href="https://twitter.com/OfficialSisQo/status/852981908308971521">April 14, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Back