NBA Friday

Killa

To the left, to the left, to the right to the righ
'05/'06 NBA Record ATS: 122-95 (56%)
'06/'07 NBA Record ATS: 63-45 (58%)

Alimony has his GOY going tonight on Detroit, so make sure to root him on.... Can't say I disagree with the play, it's just that the line has moved too much and it's a little too forum-popular for my taste.... But GL to him

Cleveland +2 (-110 @ Greek)
This is the second "must-win" of Cleveland's road trip. The first was at Clipps, which I had for an easy winner. Tonight's game should be pretty similar. This is just situational and motivational handicapping. Look at what Mike Brown said after the pathetic Portland loss. I know I've repeated myself for 2 years, but I'll say it again, this is the stuff to look for when capping NBA sides.

"We ought to feel embarrassed with our performance," coach Mike Brown said. "There was no effort whatsoever on our part. They kicked our behinds in every single category."

After an important day of rest, they face a team on which Steve Blake, Reggie Evans, and Linas Kleiza are STARTERS. I don't know if they'll have Smith start tonight or not, but it doesn't matter. Denver hasn't played in forever and they should come out flat. Cleveland has a rough game at Golden State tomorrow, this is a must win. BTW, you know Denver is peeking ahead to Monday when they get Melo back. It has to be on their minds at this point. Who the hell covers LeBron here? I have no idea. Kliza? LMAO. This is, like the Clipps game, one of the most important and motivated spots for Cleveland so far this season. They will leave with a victory on ESPN, atoning for both their last 2 pathetic losses as well as their last showing on national television, which was not pretty.

It is a situational must Third game of a 4 in 5 road trip where they have lost the first 2 and are very likely to loss the 4th. They are 3-3 in first games of a b-b on the road and 1-7 in the road b-b games. So definitely get their best. GL

On it w/ ya Killa..I know you like Props so Id thought I tell you I expect Iverson to have a big game..He kills every time we plays him.

Killa said:
Cleveland +2 (-110 @ Greek)
Who the hell covers LeBron here? I have no idea. Kliza? LMAO. This is, like the Clipps game, one of the most important and motivated spots for Cleveland so far this season. They will leave with a victory on ESPN, atoning for both their last 2 pathetic losses as well as their last showing on national television, which was not pretty.

Here's my problem with Lebron and Cleveland in general - you absolutely never know when Lebron is going to care about the game and even if he does and gets his 30 points, who else will pick up the load? You can't count on Hughes, Gooden or Ilgauskas to pick up the slack. After blowing a halftime lead against a team that has been having 2H struggles you would think the Cavs could come strong against the Blazers. Brown can give as many soundbites to the press about being embarrased, but until Cleveland can establish some consistency and intensity they are going to be a no-play for me.

affinity said:
Here's my problem with Lebron and Cleveland in general - you absolutely never know when Lebron is going to care about the game and even if he does and gets his 30 points, who else will pick up the load? You can't count on Hughes, Gooden or Ilgauskas to pick up the slack. After blowing a halftime lead against a team that has been having 2H struggles you would think the Cavs could come strong against the Blazers. Brown can give as many soundbites to the press about being embarrased, but until Cleveland can establish some consistency and intensity they are going to be a no-play for me.
I completely agree with you affinity...thats the thing ive noticed about Lebron and it just Bugs the Hell out of me...I know hes still young but he has the talent to take over on any given night and there are some nights when hes out there and he really looks like he dosent even care and I dont know whether hes just lacking that intangibile to make his team great or if he just dosent have the drive to lead his team and play every night

I think I jinxed you here, Killa. I've tailed you three times and am 0-3!!! I will stop now, so you can win again! LOL.

Get 'em tomorrow, you're a great capper.

Well nice writeup but obviously CAVs need to be embarrassed some more.

Back