NBA Finals...What's at stake?...Also thoughts and plays...

the only one issue I had with the Spurs last night was they were trying to be real cute with their passing and that lead to turnovers

the only one issue I had with the Spurs last night was they were trying to be real cute with their passing and that lead to turnovers

Yeah, they've done that before...but they adjust and play a more limited game that's all. Miami's too good to be throwing that many cross court passes. It takes away some of their explosiveness from the 3pt line but they have to do it. You can see an effort to adjust in the 4th...And I'm sure game two will be more like that.

Obviously dissapointed I layed off the bet but at a number I was not feeling the best about and a few other factors I went with my gut. It happens.

I ended up being so crammed at work I barely saw any of the game. I just learned about the AC issues and CrampGate as well.

As an aside, whoop-de-doo about the AC. Go play in Boston Garden in June in the 80's during the finals. That was much worse and prolly smelled like death in an old gym.

Looking at box...phenomenal shooting by Spurs. What was up with all their TO's? I saw at one point their ratio to assists was basically 1:1.

As someone who was in the balcony.... you can not even imagine the heat and the smell... tip my hat to both teams for when scores would easily end 115-110 in those conditions..

Very interesting thread. Much as I am rooting for the spurs my gut keeps telling me the heat. Although I am not sure. If I bet the spurs in the series it will only be after the heat win gm 2 if they do. I believe in bc's theory on long term fatigue from multiple post season runs. His bruins theory is an excellent one not only recentley but also the year after they won the championship. They said they were still tired when they started the next season and they burned out early in the playoffs that year. I personally think that the long term physiological effects the psychological efficiency by a very small percentage but that minute drop in efficiency on the bb court expresses itself in the difference in winning and losing. I am not sure who is more fatigued right now. The spurs or Lebron. The rest of the heat do not matter. It's lebron's energy level vs the spurs collectively that will determine. IMHO. How much energy has lebron expended doing everything. And he does do everything. I am on heat in gm 2. Probably ML. All of above is just my opinion from a lifetime of playing the game so for the most part it is not based on anything except experience. And I was a poor although avid bb player. Good luck to all. This is a great thread

Going to watch the rest of the game tonight after work. I caught 2nd and 3rd quarters so far.

<header class="header" id="yui_3_16_0_1_1402172141248_1454" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 10px; overflow: hidden; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', HelveticaNeue, helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 16.25px;">[h=1]Jason Terry is dubious about San Antonio's AT&T Center 'malfunction'[/h]</header> <cite class="byline vcard top-line" style="font-style: normal; font-size: 11px; line-height: 12.100000381469727px;">By Kelly Dwyer<abbr style="display: block;">1 hour ago</abbr></cite>Ball Don't Lie

<figure class=" cover get-lbdata-from-dom go-to-slideshow-lightbox " data-id="1bda2de0-ee73-11e3-b72e-40c05a9d37f9" id="yui_3_16_0_1_1402172141248_1436" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; position: relative; cursor: pointer;">
.View photo

</figure>Jason Terry avoids bats, snakes, moderate temperatures. (Getty Images)

The AT&T Center’s air conditioning problem during Thursday’s Game 1 of the NBA Finals was not a planned event. There is no conclusive proof that the San Antonio Spurs, who were ahead by just two points when LeBron James left the game with leg cramps, are any better at playing through oppressive heat than their Miami counterparts. The AT&T Center staff is not going to look like rubes on national TV, forcing 18,000-odd fans into a sweatbox, just to give their hometown team a perceived edge. Things just don’t work that way in 2014.
Former Dallas Mavericks guard Jason Terry, though, remains to be convinced. He dished on as much in a discussion with ESPN Dallas’ 103.3 FM on Friday:
“You know what, Pop [Spurs coach Gregg Popovich] has done that so many times. I don't know if it's a conspiracy, but I'm telling you, going into San Antonio is a tough place to play,” Terry said.
“And I can remember very well one time where it was cold showers, there were about a thousand flies in the locker room. This year, there was a snake in the locker room. So, they're going to pull out all the stops to get into your head.​
“When you go to San Antonio, expect something like that. And Miami fell victim to it."​
[…]
"Oh, no question,” Terry said. “For an event of that magnitude, to say that the AT&T Center's air-conditioning is not working -- there's definitely something wrong with that."
Well, I might be swayed after hearing this. And the fly situation was echoed by Grantland’s Zach Lowe in his take from Friday:
Something always goes wrong in the AT&T Center. The wireless access didn’t work last season in Game 3, forcing the league office to send an emergency tech crew ahead of Game 4. There was a weird fly infestation during last year’s Finals; the flies almost chased Udonis Haslem out of an interview during one shootaround.
Actually, the wi-fi problem isn’t unique to last year’s Game 3, as scribes have been complaining about poor connections at AT&T Center for years. There’s also bats, you’ll recall.
Still, a summertime fly problem deep in the heart of Texas, or a few instances of too-cold showers (and, yes, fine … there was a snake) is not the same as losing air conditioning and potentially putting a sold out crowd at risk of heat stroke. Or your own players, with their own exploding shoes, possibly at risk of slipping on a puddle of what LeBron James’ sweatband couldn’t handle.
We hope that, when he made these comments, Mr. Terry had his tongue firmly placed in cheek while shielding himself from the prying eyes of those black helicopters, as piloted by remote by Gregg Popovich.

Mulling things over here the next few hours still...think I know what Imma do though...

Line dipped to flat 4 most of early afternoon but just went back to 4.5.

Gun to head, side I take Miami.

I like this better though and feel safer with it. Obviously this would make one lean to over to but rolling with this...

Miami TT O97.5 -110 2 units

Thanks Ret...

Never had time to post but hit for 1.5 on 2nd half over 100.5. Literally submitted as it was going off the board so it was a heck of a night.

Can't wait for Game 3.

Back