NBA Discussion: Week Of 1/9/2017

To me, this will always be my lasting memory of Melo...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9-dHOggvv-o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Figure the only dude that could pull Melo in line would be LeBron.

Maybe the 'banana boat' does assemble somewhere.

The more I here about George Karl, the more he sounds like a disrespected coach at least by his players.

Not many players have come into defend the old guy after his recent grumpy mumblings.

But yeah, Melo plays the game to cash checks not win and would be hard to motivate.

Not many players have come to defend the players either, so that's a moot point.

How many players are we talking about that have spoken poorly of Karl? Maybe a handful? Any chance those guys are just "those guys" and generally malcontents who don't wanna listen to coaches?

Wouldn't matter if Red Auerbach were his coach, some guys are just 'me-first' players and will never change...

Exactly. It's been said about Melo forever too, this isn't something new. It's been proven to be true his entire career.

Love okay, rolled ankle.

The sportsbetting equivalent of the 'Pareto Principle' appears to be on fire.

Well I totally forgot about this...

pacers/nuggets playing in London tomorrow.

indy seems to be treating this as more of a business trip. Denver visited Arsenal's stadium and hung out with the team and whatnot. A bit more international players on the nuggets if that means anything

leaning pacers but waiting on the line. Expecting pacers -4.5

Last edited:
Well I totally forgot about this...

pacers/nuggets playing in London tomorrow.

indy seems to be treating this as more of a business trip. Denver visited Arsenal's stadium and hung out with the team and whatnot. A bit more international players on the nuggets if that means anything

leaning pacers but waiting on the line. Expecting pacers -4.5
Don't forget Mavs/Suns in Mexico City. Thought maybe there might be an angle due to the elevation, but the two most recent games have actually been relatively high scoring, so scratch that.

My NBA post for the month, but I've always equated elevation with eventually hurting effort/defense, thus higher scoring...especially late. Being that I don't follow the sport all that closely and certainly not when it's two teams that aren't accustomed to elevation at once, I'd think that there should be some easy late buckets. Have to think it's the same theory as to thinking in CBB when a team plays at elevation who usually doesn't, advantage late points to the home team.

Were you thinking a low scoring game in MC?

Knicks come back home after a bad loss to Philly, they have to be out for blood, and Rose vs Chicago (not sure if that means anything) but I lean knicks -3

Warriors look like they have all the makings of a blowout.

Don't forget Mavs/Suns in Mexico City. Thought maybe there might be an angle due to the elevation, but the two most recent games have actually been relatively high scoring, so scratch that.

I think elevation hurts defense inside and hurts outside shooting due to players not having their legs.

True, their ats has been a Disaster. Thinking about a first quarter bet. Spurs over looks good but only if the Lakers Fight. In this spot???

Knicks come back home after a bad loss to Philly, they have to be out for blood, and Rose vs Chicago (not sure if that means anything) but I lean knicks -3

Warriors look like they have all the makings of a blowout.

Knicks b-b 0-7 su 2-5 ATS

Adding Suns over
14-5 over 205
12-6 over
7-5 over
Poor number 206 but Suns to go over on 2 or greater days off
I may be playing Suns. The only argument I have heard for Dallas is a 6-1 trend for revenging a home loss. Suns have been playing well and owe Dallas only a Lunar launch. Also they are much younger which could matter in that thin air.

Last edited:
FWIW

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It's been two weeks since the Cavs even practiced <a href="https://twitter.com/clevelanddotcom">@clevelanddotcom</a> <a href="https://t.co/HBEd8Mrjm4">https://t.co/HBEd8Mrjm4</a></p>&mdash; Joe Vardon (@joevardon) <a href="https://twitter.com/joevardon/status/819580443930439680">January 12, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

^^^^ yup. Teams don't practice as much at this time of the year because they don't have many days off and they want to stay as healthy as possible

I like Cleveland today. Kings really play uneven and poorly... Kings as home dogs, failed to cover the last 4 games and this season are 1 - 7 SU btw... They covered only 9 out of 26 games as home dogs last season+ this season and 0 - 7 SU and 1 - 6 ATS as home dog off a win...
I know Cleveland has a look ahead and haven't been practicing, lost Smith, added Korver, but still... I doubt they win in Oakland and LBJ doesn't want to return home with 4 straight losses in this trip imo...
I will probably back them tonight and if they win, will fade them on MLK day...

[TABLE="class: tableOdds"]
<tbody id="oddsBody" style="outline: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">[TR="class: row-odd"]
[TD="class: team"]1/13

10:30 PM

717 Cleveland Cavaliers
718 Sacramento Kings

[/TD]
[TD="class: pct, align: center"]89%
11%
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Don't forget the Spurs/Suns game tomorrow is in Mexico City.

The Pacers/Nuggets game the other day in London was a high scoring affair. I wonder if the NBA and the players want to showcase their product with a high scoring game. There is some altitude though in Mexico City.

Don't forget the Spurs/Suns game tomorrow is in Mexico City.

The Pacers/Nuggets game the other day in London was a high scoring affair. I wonder if the NBA and the players want to showcase their product with a high scoring game. There is some altitude though in Mexico City.

That's an interesting theory. Something to think about because nothing would surprise me concerning the NBA

Torn on the bucks/hawks.... really like this bucks lineup. Brogdan playing really well and he's coming back home for the first time as a pro.

No wade tonight for Chicago. Grizzlies MLK game... line is a little steep but I'll look to be on them

Dallas has covered 11 straight Sunday home games winning on avg by 13 points. No bogut really hurts though. Towns should have a field day on the boards....

Rockets should demolish the nets coming off 2 losses.

Last edited:
Will be watching both Hawks and Knicks to see how they set up for tomorrow. Could be a great under situation at 1PM

Back