Navy Vs SMU

spottie2935

Read Lines, Not Books
I bet 95% dogs but not tonight. I just cant understand why this line is so high. I mean Navy comes in covering 3 in row and 11 of 15 dating back to last season. Navy even covered their last spread by 37 points.

SMU has failed to cash 4 in a row. Has given up over 110 points in its last 3 games. How could I like this team tonight?

1) History and past lines, and past performance are important to me:
SMU:

Week 3 @ Maryland +3 7 point loss and they had a 7 point lead after the 3rd Q. Over 400 yards of offense and over 150 return yards.

week 4 Home vs TCU, SMU+3 This game was a terrible start down 28-7 but they came back and made a game of it. Close to 500 yards of offense. Only allowing 3 sacks.

week 5 bye

week 6: @ UCF, SMU +3. This game was a disappointment off a bye they really played horrible. Down 41-13 until a last second TD made this game look closer. They still came close to 500 yards of offense, and 90 return yards.

All 3 of these lines are indicators why this line is what it is.

Can they handle Navy's rush attack ? I would say not really. NAVY has scored 30 or more points against SMU the last 5 meetings (playing them every year, I will post a history of their meetings.) The only time avy failed to score 30 points was last seasons 24-31 loss.

This is the 3rd season in a row Nave has been more than a 10 point dog in this series. Navy was home last season and that line was Navy +13.

Okay thats all the head to head.

Here is what teams do on Friday in this situation.

Attachments

• Screenshot (51).png
    Screenshot (51).png
    400.2 KB · Views: 5
Friday away teams that enter covering more than their last 2 games I am certain have the majority of the eyes on them. Then one has to look at SMU off 4 straight misses cashing tickets.

well as you can see from the attachment teams covering 3 in a row playing away on Friday 12-36 ATS

SMU is a one side of the ball power. their offense is key here.

I am sticking with the Friday trend and hope some how they SMU Defense can pound them on offense. Navy is the worst of their last few opponents and I hope they expose them.

With the return game and offense they have they should be able to get field postions and make some big plays and make Navy play catch me if you can. If that happens its a winner.

I dont spend my time looking for favorite opportunities, but ion non Saturday games I have enough time to find what I like.

I like SMU.

Attachments

• Screenshot (52).png
    Screenshot (52).png
    556 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot (53).png
    Screenshot (53).png
    406 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot (54).png
    Screenshot (54).png
    405.1 KB · Views: 2
Back