My Pick to win it all

:popcorn:

I really like them out West...but...

This Bynum stuff is very interesting. Keep getting conflicting reports. One said perhaps 6 more weeks. One says 2 weeks.

I dunno

Pistons.....
i'd rather pick a team that is currently sitting below the radar. Too much hype on Boston and laying everything on the shoulders of the big 3....ummm how many playoff wins have those 3 combined for?

Lakers as much as I am absolutely excited about them....I just find they are just too much in the centre of attention right now. If anything happens to Kobe or lets say one of their starters....you know it's pretty much toast for these guys.

Ill read into this a bit more. I know a lot of you guys dont post on the other site, but..In November I posted that Kansas would win it all. They won it all. So I decided to try and do this with all other sports too ( I said the Giants would win too but that was the week of hte Superbowl so it doesnt count)

Now...why I think the Lakers will win? Well first of all the Bynum situation I would rather he actually not come back even though im sure they will. They have great chemistry right now without him and I dont think itd matter. Fisher is playing some great ball right now, Kobe is getting along with everyone and playing well. If they get the 1st seed which they probably will I think they are locked in for the second round. There is no way Denver or GS (probably Denver) win a series. All other series are really up for grabs, lets be honest. Then once they win that I think theyll move onto to Utah, (if i remember this correctly), Utah will give them a hell of a series. But I think Utah sucking on the road will give the Lakers the win. Then I guess you really dont know who theyll play but I think that Utah series would be there biggest problem.

Onto the finals, Celtics or Pistons IMO. Itll be interesting, but I think whoever comes out of the west has seen a playoff type atmosphere all season and beats out who plays in the east who have for the most part coasted through.

Fisher is playing good ball but he has a torn ligament in his foot. I am sure that will catch up with him eventually. He is the veteran leader on this team. Losing him woul dbe a bigger loss than most people think. He has the experience to lead a team, hit the big 3's and play solid d when he is healthy. You can tell his foot is bothering him. Farmar isnt ready to be that #1 pg and Sahsa, well he sucks and hits a couple 3's that im sure he closes his eyes to shoot. Luke is too slow for the 2 if Kobe goes to the 1. Maybe Ariza can be a defensive stopper, but we have yet to see how he returns. Hopefully Derek can last through the playoffs.

I'm not sure the Lakers can do it. If bynum never got hurt I think they would have a good shot, but now, idk.

Celtics are going to be tough to beat, but I am going with the proven, spurs vs. pistons, spurs winning it all. pistons have dissapointed the last couple years, but the spurs have been consistent. They might be on their way out but until they lose, I won't bet against them just yet. Experience is going to be a factor for boston outside the big 3. The lakers do have experience with their role players though, so they do have a shot.

The suns *might* have gotten better this year, but until they win, I don't think their style of play can win in the playoffs. The rest of the teams in the west are solid, hornets and jazz are solid, but I would be surprised if either of them made it to the finals. They have a shot, but I don't see any real upsets this year and I think it is a year of the powerhouse franchises. The hornets play a great style but I'm not sure they have what it takes. Who knows, they could turn into a team like Detroit, but again, I won't believe it until it happens.

The jazz have a very good team and can put up a fight, but I don't think they can make it through the west.

The east might be interesting only to see what matchups come around in the 2nd round, and how it affects the better teams if they have to play another good team early. I don't think orlando has a shot to make it out. Pistons or celtics IMO, but who knows what david stern will do this year to try to get lebron in there

How anyone can pick the Spurs right now is beyond me. What's there to like? And don't tell me experience. Their experience hasn't shown up during this end of the season stretch. They haven't ended a season like this in a while, especially a championship season. When you have offensive struggles like the Spurs, you CANNOT expect to win a seven game series against better all around teams.

If Bynum were to come back, he would do so off the bench spelling Gasol and Odom. There have been a lot of conflicting reports locally, but I dont think he returns. There is speculation that his injury was more severe than they had implied and surgery is most likely inevitable once they pull the plug on his season....

Either way....:cheers:

faker fans whats the status on ariza?

thought he was due to come back in time for the lakers second series, havent heard anyhting yet though

he was a great fit for them though

Ariza should be back sometime during the next series. He was tentatively set to return May 4 but the next series wont start until next week depending on the status of the Jazz/Rockets series. I'm guessing next weekend so Game 3-4:shake:

1zxmj53.gif

fuck it they make history on us (Biggest comeback in the finals)

now its Phil, Kobe and Lakers time to make history by winning the finals after being down 1-3. ;)

dunno but im watching this laker game again and its making me somewhat sick, nothin else on TV

we are still alive..Phil Jackson needs to work on this team. FT's are am ess, stupid turnovers, Kobe forcing shit

no chance in hell. all faker fans are blinded by their homer-ism.

fakers were lucky to win tonight.

the lakers will win the championship I dont care what happens, even if they lose they are champions in heart

:36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6:

i actually cracked up laughing at that

"champions at heart"

if anyone has shown HEART his series, its the celtics.
they've obviously wanted it more then the fakers did.

if you all win it, then props to you. its not over yet.

ill be down 500 and thats no surprise, just another wager i lose.

but can you HONESTLY say, the fakers have shown more heart? junky? anyone?

theres no way....

no, i def wouldn't say that. van gundy's point about the celtic players willing to sacrifice their body and take the charge is spot on.

theres definitely a hunger and edge the celts play with the lakers haven't matched. altho i do think the lakers are coming closer and closer to matching the c's as the the series has progressed.

it really does feel like a different series now tho. perkins and rondo were huge factors and now their roles are giant question marks. lakers inability to stop pierce is downright frightening, but if Gasol, Odom and Kobe bring their best for the next two games, i like our chances

It's 3000 thousands miles away - and we all see what happend in GM3 ! Fatigue factor ....

Game 6 total will be way .......UNDER ....and Celtics win by DD !

Back