My local is offering me Ohio St -3 1/2 in the Title Game

YoungLansky

All Around Hu$tler
Regardless of who they play. He said I could cap it at 5 dimes if I wanted too. I put 1 dime on it real quick in the hopes that if they played anyone, I would be able to middle it. As the time ticks though, I am wondering if I should just max that shit out. Is there anyway they will open nationwide at anything less than 3 and a hook?? I just dont see it. Let me know if laying 5 grr on this is a good idea with the hopes of a great splitter.

Its down to 3.5 now at pinny.. it was at 5.5 i have no idea how it could drop so much. The truth is Ohio St hasnt played the toughest schedule this year. They beat texas who was starting a true frosh making his first or second start and they were missing their best defensive player as well. But they did beat them pretty convincingly..
Im not 100% sold on this ohio st team just yet, I think their defense was exposed against a marginal Michigan offense.. I wouldnt get too excited with ur money just yet. Especially if its at 3.5 and not 3.. But good luck

Lets not forget Jan 8 is still over a month away.. so ohio st wouldnt have played a game in 2 months.. A huge layoff, you never know how that effects a team.

here you go again..a marginal michigan offense? gimme a break..don't give me past games and those scores..defense shut down most of the teams and UM played conservative..they opened a can of whoop ass on OSU when they had to.

HUNTDOG said:
here you go again..a marginal michigan offense? gimme a break..don't give me past games and those scores..defense shut down most of the teams and UM played conservative..they opened a can of whoop ass on OSU when they had to.
When i say marginal michigan offense is you dont see michigan lighting up the scoreboards undere lloyd carr.. he is more of a ball control coach.
Michigan has athletes and talent and O no doubt, they just dont have as many as USC.. and if you throwout their non conf gimmes against c michigan and ball st.. michigans ppg were marginal imho. :shake:

OK I can see that...the talent difference is debatable on Offense at least, but I do agree lloyd is conservative.

I think the line will depend completely on how USC does this Saturday against UCLA. If USC has an impressive showing, then the line will be around 3. If they barely beat UCLA, then the line will move back up to around 7. The public has a short memory, and will have seen USC play twice since they last saw Ohio State. I'm hoping for a USC blowout on Saturday, so I can bet Ohio State at -3 or less for the championship game.

abcs, Ohio State has done pretty well over the last few years in Arizona in January after a long layoff. Tressel knows how to keep the team sharp.

the big gamble this week is what stewart mentioned above...can you count on USC to destroy UCLA and keep this good line for OSU bettors? or do you wait and piss yourself off if they have a close one?

Stewart20 said:
I think the line will depend completely on how USC does this Saturday against UCLA. If USC has an impressive showing, then the line will be around 3. If they barely beat UCLA, then the line will move back up to around 7. The public has a short memory, and will have seen USC play twice since they last saw Ohio State. I'm hoping for a USC blowout on Saturday, so I can bet Ohio State at -3 or less for the championship game.

abcs, Ohio State has done pretty well over the last few years in Arizona in January after a long layoff. Tressel knows how to keep the team sharp.

I was thinking the same thing. If USC rolls UCLA by 28+ the line will stay at 3 and it will really piss me off because it will hurt the ml value as well. But if USC plays a close game then it will go back to 5.5.. I was just curious what caused it to drop 2 points.. i was befuddled by that. God i hope they beat the bruins :drinking:

HUNTDOG said:
USC just destroyed ND, that's why abcs.
No the line was 5.5 after that game for like 2 or 3 days.. see my nc thread, it just dropped recently :shake:

slow steady money coming in USC..just my opinion..I'm not a linesmaker.

Back