My Gems for Week 2

GridironGems

The Mel Kiper of CTG
16-11-1 YTD (this is my posted record, I've had some other plays that I didn't post as well)

Here is what I have locked in for next week...

Rutgers -14 .. WIN (loved this when I first saw it so I hit it right away thinking It'd rise, instead it went from 13.5 to 13.. and then back to 13.5 and 14, some odd movement)

WV -23.5 .. love this line .. as it quickly went to -25

Penn St -13.5 .. I thought I hit the lines pretty early, but I guess not as other got a better line, but I'll take it any day as it sits at -15 now

TCU +10

UCLA -7 ... loved anything around 7 so I got it

Missouri -5.5 (-120) .. was at 5.5 when I clicked submit then it said moved to 6... I was mad so bought the juice anyway

Hawaii -27.5

ADD:

Louisville -39.5 ... I like a 45 point win here...Louisville at home on thursday night is usually money. We all know what they did last week and Middle Tenn St lost to Fla Atl 27-14. MTS allowed 411 yards of offense to Fl Atl including 216 yards rushing. If Fla Atl can put up 27 points...what can Louisville put up??

Louisville .. LOSS
Over 13.5 1q .. WIN

Kansas State -19.5

UGA -3

Nebraska team total OVER 21

Have some other leans...

Nebraska -7

Before the line came out I liked Miami if anything over 10 .. and Oklahoma anything under 10 .. then I thought about it more and decided I didn't want to play Kirby Freeman on the road at OU against that defense.. so am wanting something under 10 to hit OU

Will probably hit the over in Oregon/Michigan game.. and if I can get something better than 7.. then hit oregon as well

UGA -5.5 ... was impressed with UGA week 1 .. and not so impressed with south carolina.. plus it's at UGA ... however 4 of last 6 games between these two have been decided by 6 pts or less

Tenn -10.5 .. will want something at 10 or less.. but a bit worried about Fletcher being able to run on Tenn

Liked LSU but since it's at 12.5 it makes it a no play for now for me...I really like LSU .. but I think it'll be by 13-14 points.. so it's close

Arizona St -14 ... what a show against SJS last week.. as I still don't think Colorado is as good even though they beat CSU last week in OT

Florida -27 .. was on Troy last week and was LUCKY that they covered with last second TD. I see Florida being more balanced and better than Arky and think they can win by 30+

Last edited:
i would be wary of arizona state gems. hawkins looked pretty good and pretty poised in win over csu squad that is better than most people think. last game was basically neutral site and this will be first road test but i think he is a gamer and also think this program is getting better. az state sure looked impressive and thats why the line is where it is .. instead of the 10 -11 that i capped it at. harder for sun devils to smack colorado in the face the way they did sjsu. oh and i am pretty sure virginia is going to crush wyoming this week ... or did they play already. DOH !

riding the mizzu wave with ya, though i didnt buy the half pt.

Excellent start..

good looking card to start the week off..

I'll talk to ya AIM tomorrow night

ADD:

Hawaii -27.5

I had a strong lean on this and seeing Hawaiiguy on it among others, decided to hit it. See Hawaiiguy's thread for more info.

Ok some thoughts on my leans...

Nebraska -7 ... wish I would have taken this at -6.5 now that I have looked even closer at it. Don't like it at 8 though...so no play unless it drops back to 7.

Miami/OU still sits around 11 .. looks like this will be a no play also.

SC/UGA -5.5 ... I want to pull the trigger on UGA .. looks like Blake Mitchell will play... still may play UGA .. we shall see

Southern Miss / Tenn -10.5 .... Golden Eagles front 7 is pretty good on defense...Damion Fletcher nice runner... most likely a no play

LSU still a no play
Same with ASU

Still thinking about a Florida play...but as of now.. a no play.

I did add one play however...

ADD:
Louisville -39.5 ... I like a 45 point win here...Louisville at home on thursday night is usually money. We all know what they did last week and Middle Tenn St lost to Fla Atl 27-14. MTS allowed 411 yards of offense to Fl Atl including 216 yards rushing. If Fla Atl can put up 27 points...what can Louisville put up??

hope the cardinals pull out a louisville slugger and knock mtsu over the head with it. think you have a nice card forming here. keep up the excellent work, gems.

I have a couple more leans to go on...

This time they are 1h plays.

WV 1h -14 ... everyone knows about this game and could easily see WV being up at LEAST by 14 at halftime.

Florida 1h -16 .. still thinking about taking FL for the game...but seeing that Hunt is on it along w/ BAR has me thinking about it also. Only thing that bothers me a bit is that it was 23-17 at halftime in the Arkansas game.

I would be on that WV first half if I didn't go 0-3 this past week on 1st half plays. Instead I'll just take WV for the game.. Best of luck

A thought just came upon me...

The WV / Marshall game starts at 11 et and if I remember correctly from the past...is that WV started slow due to such an early start. Can anyone help me if this was last year or two years ago? I just have that thought in my mind.

Last year in Morgantown was 28-7 at half...and that game was at 12:30ET. I really don't think an 11am start is going to f these kids up.

I just saw that 11:00 am start as well. Shouldn't be too muh of an isue IMO

I'll hit you up within next hour or so if your on.

Like the card a whole lot.

New lean...

Kansas State -19.5

You guys can check out my insider thread about the conversation last night at the bars w/ 2 assistant coaches of San Jose St who think they lose by 30-50 lol. We talked about Yonus Davis being out and how they have no run game (and I talked to them about converting WR and they were acted like how did I know that lol) They will be one dimensional and will be tough for them to score. I pick Kansas St to win by 24, but that is because a decent San Jose St defense (I know they weren't decent last week, but I don't think they are as bad as they showed last week in Tempe). But if Kansas St offense can get rolling, then it really could be a 30 + win.
Still thinking about it though... it's a 6:05 central start.
GL today

If it's close in the first half of NU/WF, then you may be able to take the Corn in the second half. That's my plan. I think NU's depth will wear on WF in the second half especially the Husker OL on the WF DL.

ADD:

Kansas State -19.5
Check out my insider notes and no run game for SJS. I figure hell, I'm going to be tailgating all day at the stadium and be at the game tonight, might as well have something on it.

7-5 on the day... just up 1.5 unit on the day... damn Nebraska piss me off still ... 1 more point in last 22 minutes please....

Back