1st Team All-NBA Defense
Lowry
Manu
Grant Hill
KG
Howard

Thoughts?:popcorn:

Last edited:
My only issue is Carmelo second team all NBA...

while his opponents scoring average isn't high he is a terrible defender and his team defense is even worse. Timmay def should be above him.

I really dont like Carmelo either on the defensive end but his offensive game is so pure. I can't see Dirk doing much better defending the SF spot so Carmelo it was.

Brewer D-Wade?

Where is KG on that list?

ROY Durant?

The guard play in this league is pretty bad and seeing Joe Johnson having trouble checkign Ray Ray the other night and looking back on the numbers Wade put up this season with NBDL talent around him i had to give it to him. The injury slowed him some, too. No matter how much i really dislike him no other SG proved to me they are ready to pass him.

KG is by far the best player not on this list. Was the toughest decision but i have him off it.

Durant is not playing and his shot is bad. Horford is playing and he was brilliant vs Boston's brickwall frontline two night ago. That was very very impressive imo.

Killa, with Amare moving back to his natural position of PF it pushed KG off the list imo.

All-NBA
Paul
Bryant
James
Garnett
Howard

All-NBA II
Williams
Iverson
Anthony
Boozer
Stoudemire

All-NBA III
Davis
Ginobili
McGrady
Nowitzki
Gasol

(Consciously leaving off Duncan and Nash, for the simple reason that both coast through the regular season at this stage in their careers.)

MVP
Garnett (I would say James, but Garnett immediately changed the entire culture of a franchise by his mere presence, in a way that arguably hasn't been done in the history of the league.)

Rookie
Durant

Sixth Man

Ginobili

Most Improved
West

Defensive
Garnett

Coach

Rivers

Boozer is really good, too. Glad you gave him love.

I forgot All-NBA Defensive Team. Putting that together now.

Boozer is a fucking beast. I can't believe how little praise that guy gets. Seriously, that guy is an animal and I bet he's one of the last guys in the league opposing teams and coaches look forward to playing against.

Totally agree on the Booze man....he is an old style power forward...

Imagine if CLE had never lost him

haha are you kidding. KG doesn't make the cut for your top 3 teams?? Did you just forget about him, and when you realized, felt you had didn't want to admit it and now need to justify it? I mean that is the only logical explanation i could come up with because i know you know a bit more about the NBA then that.

Nope. If shaq doesnt go to suns KG is 3rd best PF and Amare the best C.

PF is the deepest postion in the NBA imo and by far was the hardest for me. I could see why others would rank em different.

brew- The thing is, you can't go on stats with KG. What he did this season is much bigger than that. Like I said, he immediately, on arrival, transformed the entire culture of a franchise, from losing to winning. He doesn't give a fuck about stats. You don't think he could put up the same numbers as Amare if he wanted to? He's also, of course, infinitely better on the defensive end.

But Amare I can stomach. You really think Dirk is a better PF than Kevin Garnett?

If I had to pick a power forward to play on my team in a game that means something....

1. Timmy
2. KG
3. Rasheed
4. Amare
5. Dirk

Its simple...

the first two are HOF'er's that it done on both ends. The top three are some of the best defensiv big men the NBA has seen the past 10 years. Dirk and Amare come up woefully short on one end of the floor.

And killa is right....remember last summer when we debated KG's impact brewer and I said he would totally change the defense for the Celtics. Shit, he even surpassed my expectations in that regard. Its amazing what a guy like that can do for guys like Allen and Pierce who are not good defeneders.

To be honest not having Garnett on your 1st all NBA team is a joke and the integrity of everything else you put out there becomes absolutely null and void.

He is 100x better than Amare and still more dominant and effective than Dwight Howard.

Josh Smith is a freak but he's not a great defensive player. Shot blocking and steals usually mean you get beat more often than not.

You definitely just picked your homer players. Amare can't guard Reggie Evans let alone Tim Duncan.... him over KG really summarized up the legitimacy of this list.

Paul/Kobe/Lebron/Garnett/Duncan would dominate that squad and all deserve it more.

Melo should be NO WHERE near any of the top 3 teams.

Wade? You serious? Come on.

Garnett single handily took a took who was dead last in defense and made it one of the best in recent memory and the best in the league this year. Not only is he the best defensive player in the league... but he turned lazy vets into better than average defenders.

Dirk over Garnett! HA

Garnett single handily took a took who was dead last in defense and made it one of the best in recent memory and the best in the league this year. Not only is he the best defensive player in the league... but he turned lazy vets into better than average defenders.

Dirk over Garnett! HA

Boston had some good defenders before KG even got there ...

Tony Allen
Kendrick Perkins
Paul Pierce
Rondo

They were a good defensive team last year adding KG (who is one of the better defensive PF in the NBA) no doubt made them better than last year. But i wouldnt give the amount of credit that it sounds like you are single handidly giving him for making this team's defense what it is.

Im not even going to comment towards your first post in here because of the fact alone you think Reggie Evans could take Amare.

Boston had some good defenders before KG even got there ...

Tony Allen
Kendrick Perkins
Paul Pierce
Rondo

They were a good defensive team last year adding KG (who is one of the better defensive PF in the NBA) no doubt made them better than last year. But i wouldnt give the amount of credit that it sounds like you are single handidly giving him for making this team's defense what it is.

I'll find some posts from last summer from you that totally said that P squared was a horrid defender. Rondo was young...not a 35 mpg player...

I dont recall saying PP was a "horrid" defender.

I, also, dont care how young or how many minutes you play. If you can play d you can play d.

All-NBA
Paul
Bryant
James
Garnett
Howard

All-NBA II
Williams
Iverson
Anthony
Boozer
Stoudemire

All-NBA III
Davis
Ginobili
McGrady
Nowitzki
Gasol

(Consciously leaving off Duncan and Nash, for the simple reason that both coast through the regular season at this stage in their careers.)

MVP
Garnett (I would say James, but Garnett immediately changed the entire culture of a franchise by his mere presence, in a way that arguably hasn't been done in the history of the league.)

Rookie
Durant

Sixth Man
Ginobili

Most Improved
West

Defensive
Garnett

Coach
Rivers

Love both high lighted responses. Can't disagree at all.

Did dirk not outplay him and did boston have zero defense before he got there?

i don't remember the game you are referring to but it doesn't matter because you are referring to 1 game. and yes

March 20th was the game. Im not even sure what to say about Rondo, Allen, Perkins and Paul being bad defenders prior to last year.

I changed the awards to everyone's liking i think and if i havent well o well. Gotta go get stuff done and this thread is tiring.

Reggie Evans comment about scoring on Amare was an exaggeration... but he could score on Amare as easy as any other PF in the league.

Amare is a one dimensional player... and either gives up easy baskets or leaves his feet to try to help his blocks per game.

He's not even a top 5 big man overall.

Dirk, Wade, Amare over Garnett, Duncan 2nd team... questions everywhere.

Seriously dude. Serious. Can you bump a thread down?

image.php

:36_11_6::36_11_6:

Nothing of Pierce being a "horrid" defender in there.

Hilarioius how the "paper" could do wrong on predicting the C's but completely miss on my bulls. Funny how i picked the wrong side of the two.

Then again i wasnt alone on thinking the bulls would be an elite team in the east this year. Just look at that preseason predicitons thread. lol. From predicting to be elite this year to the bottom of the east most likely in 09.

Last edited:
Duncan is the best player in the league.

Paul or kobe may deserve the mvp this year .... but not having Duncan on a list that includes carmelo anthony is ridiculous. they may be in the same league ...... but they are not in the same league.

Sessions on the All Rookie team based on 1 month?

Ma boy Jamario should or will be on that list.

NVM, no other decent rookie pg in the league.

GO KILLA! West is most improved without a doubt.

Has Bynum played this calendar year?

And WTF is up with the Rasheed love? BAR I thought better of you than that. I wouldnt take 2 Rasheeds for 1 Amare. H O M E R!

Wow. That is some damn impressive opposition research out of BAR. You should go work for a political campaign, lol.

haha no shit. that's freakin hilarious B.A.R.

I should go back and look at some of my old posts just so I remember how bad I am at predicting anything.

brew, in other threads, you talked about how there is more to basketball than one on one matchups yet here you point to one single game and how someone outperformed someone else . Am I missing something?

The Kobe/Wade argument died this year b/c of the death of Miami and Wade's health. I would say that when Wade is 100% healthy, he's VERY close to being Kobe's equal. But that's the catch. He's never healthy, and he won't have Kobe's durability in this league.

Not sure how you can say that Killa. Kobe got his "JV team" the last several years into the playoffs. Wade couldn't do that, also in part to injuries. This was in the beginning of the season as well with Shaq and Riley.

Back