Pretty much a regular
2007 Record 30-23-1 (56.6%) +8.91 Units
2008 Record 13-12 +0.37 Units
Week 5 3-4 -1.50 Units

Week 7 Plays

TCU -14
AFA -9'
Utah/WYO U43'

CHECK THE WEATHER FOR ALL MWC GAMES. Could be snow @CSU, @BYU, and @WYO. Big storm coming into the Rockies.

Went and looked back at last year and I was 16-15 at this point so I feel good that I am a consistent bastard right now. Now if I can just finish 14-8 I'll be happy as hell. I hate the card this week as everything is DD spreads and the weather forecast is horrible. That said there is a TON of things going on around the MWC this week so I'll start with last week recaps. Don't have as much time this week as I normally do so they'll be a bit short.

OSU/UTAH
I'm sure you've all seen it. Utah was lucky as hell to get the victory and Brian Johnson played liked shit. He's even admitted as much in the papers this week. I really was impressed with OSU more than anything else out of this game. I looked to bet them before I saw the spread. How bad is Washington state? 31 point favorites? yikes.

BYU/USU
zzzzz. Whatever. BYU played like shit. How good are these guys really? UCLA is awful, WAS is awful, WYO is awful, USU is awful. Northern Iowa is Norther Iowa. Who the hell have these guys played? TCU will beat BYU next Thursday. Mark it down.

UNLV/CSU
Much closer than it looks. Gartlell Johnson scored with 9 seconds to go in the game to give the Rams a 33-28 lead. The Rams scored the 2 pt conversion and recovered a muffed lateral on the final kickoff to win 41-28. The Rams finally got their running game going for the first time this year as Farris was able to connect with Greer for a couple long passes that made the Rebels go from an 8 men in the box defense to playing straight up. The Rams have faced 8 guys in the box all year as nobody is scared of their passing attack. If it's snowing on Saturday I don't know how they move the ball at all against TCU. The surprise in this one is that UNLV had little success throwing the ball. The schedule does not set up well for the Rebels as they're likely to lose their next three games.

Navy/AFA
What a cluster this one was. ST TD's and short fields were the motto of this game. I posted this in my thread on Saturday and it's really all that needs to be said about the game.

Navy has scored 2 TD's on blocked punts.
AFA has a TD drive of 7 yards.
Navy with a TD drive of 10 yards.
Navy with a FG on a drive of 3 yards.

31 points off of 20 yards of offense. 53 points scored so far in this game and both teams have COMBINED for 500 yards of offense.

I don't know how you cap any of this garbage.

TCU/SDSU

4 first downs for SDSU in this one and 85 yards of offense. Ouch. TCU had 500 yards and 28 first downs. Not much of a game here.

WYO/NMU
1-AA Wyoming lost again. NM was 2-13 on third down and won by 24. Unreal. It honestly looks as the kids from WYO have given up as they allowed 6.6 ypc. This is a team that used to be very good at stopping the rushing game. Not much to say here.

I'll have my week 7 w/ups done in a bit, but there isn't much I really like.

Last edited:
damn snow already, that sucks.

I like that TCU play

I did to before I realized they might be playing in a snowstorm. Still pondering how kids from Texas are going to like playing in snow. I actually think it may be a benefit as NOBODY can run on TCU.

Any idea on how bad it is supposed to be? Lots of snow and wind, just snow? Right now, CNNSI.com just says high of 39 and cloudy.

Any idea on how bad it is supposed to be? Lots of snow and wind, just snow? Right now, CNNSI.com just says high of 39 and cloudy.

Weather.com forecast. 45 and rain/snow showers. It's 6 days away so who knows, but it's worth paying attention to. I don't really think it affects the spread much with the Wyoming/Utah game in all honesty. Utah will just pound the ball with Mack and Asiata.

Hope you're right. I just hope it doesn't effect Johnson's ability to throw. I would at least like them to have the option.

Shit. Missed -14 and now have the shitty -15 staring me in the face.

How high would you go on TCU, JP?

Hope you're right. I just hope it doesn't effect Johnson's ability to throw. I would at least like them to have the option.

The way he's been playing it might be better if the Utes just run the ball 50 times.

Shit. Missed -14 and now have the shitty -15 staring me in the face.

How high would you go on TCU, JP?

Shitty weather combined with TCU being able to completely shut down the Rams running game makes me think that 21 is probably the limit. I'll give the Rams 10 points based on a short field and one good drive. 31 is a conservative # for TCU based on what CSU has given up this year and now they're probably going to be missing their best safety to an injury. I will say the line is coming back to 14 @Pinny so you might wait it out. No difference between 15 and 16 so I'd watch it and hope it comes back down.

Weather update for Laramie:
Saturday: Rain and snow likely before noon, then rain. Some thunder is also possible. Areas of fog before 9am. High near 40. Windy, with a south wind between 25 and 30 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Fort Collins:
Saturday: Showers likely, mainly after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 44. East southeast wind between 5 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Provo:
Saturday: Rain, mainly after noon. High near 45. East northeast wind 5 to 7 mph becoming west southwest. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Saturday Night: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 34. Calm wind becoming southwest between 7 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

Going to be pretty damn ugly in Laramie. Going to finally (2' points off the opener) jump on the under in this one. This game as every chance in the world of being ugly. I think Utah will be happy to leave Wyoming with a 24-10 win.

Utah/Wyoming Under 43'

One thing I forgot to mention about this weeks games is that SDSU should draw 50K tomorrow (normally draw in the 20's) for their annual air show. Certainly some extra motivation for the Aztecs, but w/out Lindley I don't see them even staying competitive.

Anyways sorry for the lack of a thread this week, but the NBA had my attention for the week. I love next weeks card including the big Thursday night matchup between BYU and TCU.

Best of luck to all this weekend.

=hehe you are calling for an Air Force show at the Air Show.

gl jpicks , great mwc coverage as usual.

50k people who don't give a fuck about SDSU football or football in general. They are just there to see the Sky Show (fireworks).

Maybe a little extra motivation until you realize it will be the quietest 50k you ever heard.

=hehe you are calling for an Air Force show at the Air Show.

gl jpicks , great mwc coverage as usual.

Ok well it's the Sky Show. Same deal. :)

Coverage has been bad this week, but I'll step it up for Week 8. There are injuries all over the conference that I haven't mentioned, but the spreads are so large this week that I don't think it makes much of a difference.

50k people who don't give a fuck about SDSU football or football in general. They are just there to see the Sky Show (fireworks).

Maybe a little extra motivation until you realize it will be the quietest 50k you ever heard.

I kind of assumed. It's been a bad year in SD for sports huh?

Must read for me every week - GL this week J. Thanks for talking me off SDSU.

No problem D. Hopefully it was the right decision.

Jpicks....would you play afa at 11? Thanks!

Any other week most likely, but not after AFA played Navy last week. Before the lines came out I had said 10 or under so I probably wouldn't.

Good Luck this week J, Playing that total with you.

Hopefully this doesn't turn out like the AFA/Navy total Marlo. :) Good luck to you as well man.

EDIT AT HALFTIME OF BYU/NMU game. I would have made a new post, but I'm struggling bad enough right now that I don't want anybody considering tailing this play.

BYU/NMU 2nd Half Under 21'

Last edited:
I kind of assumed. It's been a bad year in SD for sports huh?

No, that's typical Sky Show and San Diego. San Diego has a little league, "Nice try", mentality when it comes to supporting its' teams and local sports.

Sky Show is just a big civic promotion. Lame.

Back