MWC Bowl Thread

I'm afraid this is a REAL big loss if he is the leader of this team though.

I don't know a ton about their personnel individually but I would imagine there are plenty of guys defensively that display good leadership. Hughes seems to be an emotional leader when I have seen them play.. JPicks would know better than me I'm sure

Can't believe TCU didn't cover. Glad I didn't go as crazy as I wanted to do or it would have been a painful lesson. Did get back about half of what I bet on the game line playing the Frogs in the 2nd half luckily.

Fading the WAC tonight more than anything else.

ND -2.5 2 Units

Merry Christmas, JP< and thanks for joining me on that nice easy XMas eve winner.:cheers:

Thanks fellas. Been shoveling 22 inches of fresh snow out of the old driveway. Going to have to buy a snowblower here soon. This is getting stupid. I thought I had a dog, but I lost that little bastard in the snow somewhere. :)

Yet another bowl game that I know nothing about. Such a one trick pony. Going against the grain of the forum tonight. Think both the total and the spread have gotten a little out of hand and I'm faded the movement. Was going to play CMU TT under, but figured I'd go the risky route with a 1 unit play.

FAU +7.5/Under 69.5 Parlayed 1 Unit to win 2.6 Units

we got some good snow here the past two days as well...best to be inside watching football this time of year anyway, right?...

6a6k9j9n.jpg
-6.5 2 Units

thanks guys. probably didn't need to gloat like that, but it's been a few days since i've had a nice undefeated day in any sport playing more than 2 plays. that and that fsu chick has me excited. :)

jpicks,

reno...watch out for that black ice late at night bro...btw, you are officially the most knowledgable MWC capper on the net...

You deserve to gloat.. Awesome day and great start to the bowl season

Thank you sir.

jpicks,

reno...watch out for that black ice late at night bro...btw, you are officially the most knowledgable MWC capper on the net...

Don't have to deal much with black ice here as they salt the hell out of everything. Love the area though. Used to go to Lake Tahoe every summer for a week. Sweet area.

Louisiana Tech -2.5 2 Units

Not sold on this one as much as yesterday's games, but still like it enough to play it. Likely going to post the rest of my plays tomorrow as I leave for New Orleans on Tuesday for the Sugar Bowl and I'm doubting I'll be around.

You are gonna be wearing the wrong shade of red in NOLA my friend. You better get loud on third down as the Ute's one man army in the Super Dome.. Have a good time

:cheers:

You are gonna be wearing the wrong shade of red in NOLA my friend. You better get loud on third down as the Ute's one man army in the Super Dome.. Have a good time

One man army? There should be at least 4 of us. :)

I actually feel bad for you having to deal with Bama fans on Bourbon Street... I hope you make it out in good health. Buy the largest red necks you can find some dances at the Hustler club and you should be just fine if you kick it with them!

:seeya:

I actually feel bad for you having to deal with Bama fans on Bourbon Street... I hope you make it out in good health. Buy the largest red necks you can find some dances at the Hustler club and you should be just fine if you kick it with them!

:seeya:

All the Bama fans I've talked to on the net have been quite pleasant honestly. Most of them just telling me that LSU fans are dirtbags. More worried about alcohol poisoning than anything else. :)

:popcorn:

Playing Northwestern at +14 2 Units

A bit nervous about how easy the # is moving against the Wildcats. Seems the books are not willing to take much Missouri money w/out moving the # over some key #'s which scares me. Certainly not my most confident bowl pick.

All the Bama fans I've talked to on the net have been quite pleasant honestly. Most of them just telling me that LSU fans are dirtbags. More worried about alcohol poisoning than anything else. :)

:popcorn:

Playing Northwestern at +14 2 Units

A bit nervous about how easy the # is moving against the Wildcats. Seems the books are not willing to take much Missouri money w/out moving the # over some key #'s which scares me. Certainly not my most confident bowl pick.

Yeah this just got to crazy...was gonna lay off at 12.5...but 14 is to sexy to pass up especially at even $.

Thanks pags. :cheers:

Added Oregon and Maryland at +3 along with Tech -4 and updated the record before I take off. Probably add some more before New Years day games. Happy New Years to everyone as well.

TCU -2 5 Units -5.50 Units
Colorado State +3 3 Units +3.00 Units
Byu/Arizona Over 59 2 Units -2.20 Units
So. Miss +4.5 1 Unit ML +160 1 Unit +2.60 Units
Notre Dame -2.5 2 units +2.00 Units
FAU +7.5/Under 69.5 Parlayed 1 Unit to win 2.6 Units +2.60 Units
WVU/UNC 2nd Half Under 26.5 Even 2 Units +2.00 Units
Florida State -6.5 2 Units +2.00 Units
Miami+10/Under51 2 Units to win 5.2 units +5.20 Units
La. Tech -2.5 2 Units +2.00 Units
Northwestern +14 2 Units +2.00 Units

9-2 +15.70 Units
Hard not to think about the fact that if TCU gets it done I'm up 26 units and 10-1.

Maryland +3 2.00 Units
Oregon +3 2.00 Units
Georgia Tech -4 2 Units
Florida -3 2 Units
Utah +11 2 Units (homer alert)

CSU has done nothing to deserve a bowl game, but keep in mind how shitty they were last year and how excited they will be to get back to a bowl game. They used to be the TCU in the MWC before TCU showed up. Always at the top of the standings with Utah and BYU.

I do think the MWC is alot stronger than what the lines are giving them credit for. Can't argue with the Utah/Bama line, but the rest seem short to me. MWC homer? maybe, but they did have the best OOC record this year vs BCS conferences.

I wanted to drop in your thread and give you and your team a BIG CONGRATS on the perfect season and bowl game plan. That has to be one of the most dominant performances I have witnessed in quite some time. Congrats and best of luck the rest of the way.

Just wanted to say congrats JP! Both on a fine bowl season for you, and a National Championship deserving season by your Utes.

Drink up the Kool Aid my friend!

your utes were a fun team to root for this season. i thought they were a top 5 team all along---turns out they were a top 1 team

great season jp; as expected

bbf--Thanks man. I had those same sentiments expressed to me from a number of football fans in Atlanta over the weekend. Not going to lie, those Utes impressed the hell out of me just like everyone else. Almost as impressive is the class of Alabama fans. Received so many nice compliments after the game. Awesome group of people.

Aztec--Thanks bro. I don't care who says what, I'm laying claim to a National Championship this year regardless. The Utes weren't always the most dominant team, but they found a way to get it done when they needed to.

Joe--Appreciate the thoughts. You more than anybody on the forum have always believed this was a top 5 team. Looks like you were 100% on the dot. BOL tonight with the Buckeyes.

Crimson--Can't say I made it out in good health, but at least there weren't handcuffs involved. Crazy fun town. It's like the town was built to host big sporting events. Loved my experience there and the Bama fans made it even more enjoyable.

All in all it was a great time. No way possible that I can't look at that game and think it was the single greatest sporting event I've ever been to. I certainly learned the south is a different animal when it comes to CFB. Must have received congratulations from 30 people from a dozen different schools on in Atlanta. Anybody who saw my U of U shirt came up and gave props. Never experienced anything like it.

12-3 +17.50 Units

One pending and that'll be it. Really like OSU tonight, but if you told me I had a chance to be up 15 units at worse for the bowl season I'd be thrilled. Not going to risk dropping below that mark now. Going to ride out the Gators and hope they take me to 20 rather than 15.

Florida -3 2 Units

Yes indeed congrats to the Utes, they played a great game. Love the preparation by Johnson and the line play on both sides of the ball. NO is an awesome place to host a bowl, I had a blast down there.

Thanks Tim. Couldn't agree more with anything you said.

More I think about the ranking the less mad I am. More stories programs have been robbed by the BCS and hopefully Utah (along with Texas and USC) will help to push the BCS system off the cliff. The program just needs to build off of the publicity and keep coming back. They'll get their due in the end.

Final Bowl Record

13-3 +19.50 Units
And two of the losses involved MWC games. Unreal.

Back