MusicCity KHL/КХЛ Thread

SKA St.Petersburg/СКА Санкт Петербург -1.5 -115
SKA is coming off a loss. They are 4-1 against -1.5 coming off a loss. They have covered the -1.5 in 12 of their 14 wins on the season. Neftekhimik is really struggling at the moment losing their last seven matches against middle of the pack competition. They should be no match for a team as talented as SKA with a chip on their shoulder.

One more
Dynamo Riga/Динамо Рига -120
In my view ЦСКА is an overvalued group. They have just a four goal differential(45-41) on the season yet are 12-7. Riga on the other hand has a 46-35 goal differential with an 11-7 record. Perhaps they just know how to win but I think this is a rough spot. Dynamo Riga is coming home off a shootout loss while ЦСКА is concluding a three game road trip in which they could easily be flat having won their previous two matches. Riga is also looking to avenge a shootout loss to this group from earlier in the season.

Amur Khabarovsk/Амур Хабаровск +140
It sucks to take a team that is going to have to travel so long for this game(check out a map from Khabarovsk to Minsk, Chinese border all the way to Belarus, this makes West Coast to East Coast travel look like child's play) but I think it's the right thing to do. Amur has been playing scrappy hockey, they had Barys down 3-1 before choking late to one of the better teams in the league. They were competitive with SKA in St.Petersburg.

On the other hand, Dinamo Minsk has been downright non-competitive lately. They've been shut out in their past two games and lost 5 in a row.

Bottom line, two shit teams. This is a stab in the dark. I wouldn't be surprised at any result but you have to take the +140 when it is easily the most winnable game on this road-trip for Amur. Coming off a heartbreaking loss, you have to think you get max effort here against a struggling team. It's a good gamble.

Brutal loss yesterday, never trailed at any point, other squad ties it up with a minute to go and wins in a shootout. Shit happens.

I absolutely LOVE Saturday's card.

Sibir Novosibirsk/Сибир Новосибирск +275, +1.5 (-130)
On what planet is this team an almost three to one dog to anyone. In terms of gambling value Sibir is the best team in the KHL. Dynamo Moscow is a very good team in their own right but no way are they as good as the line suggests.

Traktor Chelyabinsk /Трактор Челябинск +125

Simply a fade of Avangard..

Barys Astana-Mettallurg Magnitogorsk/Барыс Астана- Меттеллург Магнитогорск over 5.5(-140)

Favorite play of the day. Two high scoring teams in the KHL and we still get the generic 5.5

Dinamo Riga Динамо Рига +550
Why not? Very good team playing SKA on the road. SKA does tend to rise to the occasion against better teams but they've also been tripped up a few times in October.

1-4 Saturday, another total tease with Riga. So damn close!

Tomorrow's a full slate of KHL, so far I really like one game

Barys Astana/Барыс Астана -1.5 (+140)
Barys is smarting from a home loss to Magnitogorsk in what was a really ugly game. Traktor is on a three game winning streak at the moment but haven't played quality competition. In October when facing some quality teams here have been Traktor's results (SKA 7-0, Lev 7-2, Metallurg Mg 3-0). I'm guessing it'll be more of the same.

My book offers totals of 5.5 on every game no matter what. I you can find that and you don't taking some heavy juice Lokomotiv has played an astounding 16 consecutive games under this number.

Took a few days off. Taking the degeneracy to other parts of the globe today

Czech extraliga
Kladno -120

Finnish League
Espoo Blues -115

Russian KHL
Admiral Vladivostok +115

Swedish League
Frolunda HC -115

Torpedo Nizhniy Novgorod/Торпедо Нижный Новгород +250,+1.5 -130
Matchup between my two favorite teams. Moneyline is insane and off by a good 100 points on the dog. Torpedo is a team that can definitely hang with Sibir as they actually have a better goal differentiation on the season.

I'm going to add Atlant Mytischi +675 out of principle. It's a mismatch but Atlant isn't that bad and on any given day a goaltender could stand on his head.

2-2 yesterday +.65. Atlant got crushed, no shocker there. Farjestads lost in a shootout, easily could have been a great day.
More Swedish stuff tomorrow

Lulea +105
Vaxjo Lakers -140

In the actual hockey league that matters, the KHL, I'm looking at Dynamo Moscow -1.5(+150). Ah screw it, you only live once Dynamo Moscow -1.5(+150)

Autoplay on Lokomotiv Yaroslavl unders. With the total at 4.5, they are 24-6 to under. 27-3 when it's 5.5

Lokomotiv Yaroslavl/CSKA Moskva under 4.5(-165)

Sibir Novosibirsk -1.5 +100

Sibir is a strong home team with a 10-4 record. Minsk is atrocious on the road with a 0-13 tally and being outscored 48-13. Sibir has lost three straight, I suspect they take it out on Minsk.

Metallurg Magnitogorsk -1.5 (+110)
Avangard is 2-14 on the road this year with and have been outscored 57-26 on the road. Metallurg has lost four in a row and I think they take out some frustration on an inferior opponent

4-1 in my last five, keeping it simple and looking for what appear to be sure-fire unders in this league.

Dynamo Moskva/AK Bars Kazan under 5.5 -215

This is a rare case where you guys are going to have a better line than I do. Normally that spells trouble but I don't see it here. These are among the league's best teams and I think it will likely be a very defensive match. Kazan is 12-2 to under with a total of 5.5 on the road. Dynamo is 11-6 to under at home with a 5.5. Look for a tightly contested 2-1 match here.

Well it's a sad day folks. My book didn't offer totals on KHL action. Hopefully this isn't permanent but I suspect it could be. After betting two straight Lokomotiv unders at 4.5, they adjusted last game to 3.5 when they hadn't changed a total ALL season. I suspect they're putting the screws on me there.

Lokomotiv Yaroslavl +130

On a 6-1 run and I believe it's now official that there are no more totals. Sad for me but find a credible book and just bet Lokomotiv and Atlant unders. Don't worry about the juice, you will destroy them without thinking.

Tomorrow I've got Barys Astana+110.

At midnight on Saturday there's a game between Dinamo Minsk and Admiral Vladivostok. If you're comfortable betting big on KHL then Admiral -1.5 should be a large bet. Dinamo just won their first game on the road for the season against Amur Khabarovsk. Teams almost never win both of the games when they travel all the way to the Russian Far East, lay it with confidence.

Had Atlant yesterday which cashed. My bad for not getting on here to post it. The KHL is off tomorrow so I've got a Finnish play, with possibly more from all over Europe.

Here's the play:Pelicans +130

Me too. Need some early AM action with my coffee. Can't even pronounce these team names...

I don't know how/where you follow these leagues. Know anything about the Switzerland league?

I don't know how/where you follow these leagues. Know anything about the Switzerland league?

C-Man-Truthfully I don't know anything about these leagues outside the KHL, which I've learned quite a bit this year but still have a lot to master.

Basically in every other league I compare Bovada's line to my book's line. If bovada is 10 points sharper or greater than my book, then I make the bet.

CMan- A really awesome resource to follow these leagues and do research is www.flashscore.com

They have live updated scores, They have very advanced standings broken down into home-away records, their records for totals home and away. Ever since I found that site two weeks ago, my intl hockey results have been much better.

Swiss action tomorrow

Lausanne +125

Kloten +115

Lean toward Spartak, Torpedo, Dynamo Minsk in the KHL but can't find the conviction to pull the trigger on any of those three at the moment.

Back