MusicCity KHL/КХЛ Thread

MusicCityGambler

Chill Winstonnn!
I've decided to take the plunge into Russian hockey because I believe the enormous distances in travel along with disparities between the haves and have-nots will present enormous value at times. I went 2-0 today with Admiral Vladivostok +1.5 and CKA St.Pete -2.5.

Admiral Vladivostok is going to be the most prominent team we bet on. We make a big deal about East Coast/West Coast travel for football but check out how far Vladivostok is from Moscow/Urals/St. Pete for weekday games. They've been on the road to start the season and have done pretty well. Hopefully this will bode well for a huge home ice advantage.

For the 17th I've got
Torpedo Nizhniy Novgorod/Торпедо Нижний Новгород +105
Torpedo has actually outscored their opposition 10-9 this season yet find themselves with a 1-3 record. Slovan is 1-3 and has been outscored 14-6. Torpedo is well rested for this match with several days off to prepare.

GL theking. I'm glad someone is taking the plunge with me.

Huge line movement on this game and bovada has this game lined much shorter than my book. I'll bite
Dynamo Moscow/Динамо Москва -1.5(+175)

Cheers man, Torpedo didn't even break a sweat

It was definitely a break-away winner.

I have very little experience in betting KHL, but it appears these lines are ridiculously soft. For example Barys and Avangard were both -115 at Barys. Barys coming into the game was 3-1 with a strong goal differential while Avangard was 3-2 but not as impressive. I figured the line was telling and to stay away from Barys. They won by three goals. Hopefully this is just the way it is with KHL lines.

These lines are nuts. I can't believe an 0-5 team is -240 and a 1-4 team is -215. We'll fade those teams and hopefully win both but 1-1 would be acceptable as well.

Donbass Donetsk/Донбасс Донетск +200

Spartak Moscow/Спартак +185

Mettalurg Novokuznetsk/Метталург Новокузнецк +1.5(+105)
Another non-sensical line. Traktor Chelyabinsk is 1-3 and has been outscored 16-10. Mettalurg is 2-2, with one loss being in overtime. They've only allowed 8 goals on the season, so they play solid defense. Great defense against a team that struggles to score getting plus money on +1.5 Seems like a great deal to me.

GatorsLeafsBills, jump on in the water is fine.

1-2 yesterday but won like a nickel. 4-3 +2 units on the season

Today's action. I can't emphasize again what an opportunity this league presents as hockey is a rather dog friendly sport to begin with but these lines are outrageously lucrative.

Ak Bars Kazan/АК Барс Казань -110
AK is one of the elite teams in the KHL and it won't be often that we get to bet on them at this price. We bet against CSKA Moscow the other day, they had their A game for crosstown rival Dynamo. I think this is a letdown spot and we clearly have value on the better squad that's in good form at 5-1.

Obviously I like that Vityaz +1.5 since I'm on the money-line. Good luck with it! That under is probably solid as well.

GLB-Keep your eyes on Barys Astana. I'm going to start blindly backing them and their overs. Perhaps the most undervalued team I've ever seen.

Kinduva tough loss for Dynamo -1.5. They had an open net for the final minute.

AkBars vs. Slovan on Saturday. Get ready to back up the truck for that one.

Some insane chalk going on for tomorrow. I know, what else is new?

Here are the games I'm looking at. Nothing locked in at this point.

Admiral +580,+2.5 -125
Leaning toward the +2.5. You're never out of a game with that line. Metallurg Magnitigorsk is (3-3 14-18 goal differential), hardly a great team.

Spartak +500, +2.5 -135
CKA St.Petersburg is a machine(6-0, 29-9 goal differential), no question but even GOAT type teams eventually lose and play tight games. Spartak (5-1, 19-9 goal differential) is a very defensively talented club. It seems to me that this is a club that fits the profile of a group that can maybe get it done.

Donbass +180
Two very average teams, value is certainly going to be with the dog.

Sibir Novosibirsk +270, +1.5 -125
Sibir is (2-2, 10-10 goal differential), Salavat Ufa is now 3-3 with a 17-17 goal differential.

1-1 yesterday, yet another big ML dog hitting. 6-6 now up three units.

This is like a bet of the year. Call your bank, take out a loan do whatever you can.

Ak Bars Kazan/АК Барс Казань -1.5(+145)

Disappointing. Ak was in the sin bin the whole game, must have thought showing up would be enough or they were drinking pints of vodka and banging some hot Svetlanas.

Sunday
Yugra/Югра +235

Spartak/Спартак -115

Barys Astana/Барыс Астана -1.5(-145)

10-7 on the season

Sibir Novosibirsk /Сибир Новосибирск +200

SKA St. Petersburg/ СКА Санкт Петербург -1.5(-150)

11-11 after Wednedsay. Went 2-1 today with SKA, Torpedo winning and Neftkhimik losing but was having some issues with getting on CTG.13-12 on the campaign.

It was interesting to note that Amur Khabarovsk and Admiral Vladivostok both dominated at home against superior competition. Those trips to the Far East are going to be very difficult for the European teams.

Saturday's action
Spartak Moscow/Спартак Москва -120
Barys Astana/Барыс Астана -1.5(+190)

So far Admiral Vladivostok is undefeated at home. Since they're thousands of miles away from most of the competition, I expect their advantage to be quite strong especially against a team from Prague.

Admiral Vladivostok/Адмирал Владивосток -105

Sorry fellas, forgot to post a winner yesterday :Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod+1.5, thought about that ML and should have hit it blah.

For tomorrow: Medvescak Zagreb +100
Avangard Omsk is the most overvalued team I've ever seen. They must be the Notre Dame of the KHL. They've lost six in a row being outscored 30-8 in this stretch and now face a surprisingly hot Medvescak team who have won 4 in a row, including victories over powerhouses like Barys Astana and CKA Sankt Peterburg. You aren't going to find value in sportsbetting anywhere else except the KHL.

19-13 on the campaign. Not crazy about today's play, simply blind faith that bovada has better sources than my book. Bovada has Avtomobilist listed at +115. My guy has +140, therefore it's a play. Worth noting that Donbass and Avtomobilist played four days ago, Donbass won 4-2. Perhaps some travel to the Urals and some revenge are sufficient to be on the right side.

Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg/ Автомобилист Екатеринбург +140

22-16
Sibir Novosibirsk/Сибир Новосибирск +715
SKA is a great team but in no way should they be favored this much over a competent squad who plays good defense. SKA struggled with Amur in their last game and got whipped by Torpedo recently. They also dominated AK Bars Kazan. What I infer from this is that they play to the level of competition. Bovada has this line at +425. For whatever reason my guy is offering an additional +290. I'll bite.

Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk/Нефтехимик Нижнекамск +140

Traktor Chelyabinsk/Трактор Челябинск +125

For the love of god I hope somebody is tailing these bets. +715 Winner, that's my biggest ML dog win ever.

MCG, as fate would have it, today is the first day that I tailed you (hadn't gotten any others in on time). Great call on that one, and the Tractor was a nice W as well. I have Niz (at +1.5) as a part of a 3-teamer with the other two, so hoping they can at least cut it to 1.

Thanks for capping these!

MCG, as fate would have it, today is the first day that I tailed you (hadn't gotten any others in on time). Great call on that one, and the Tractor was a nice W as well. I have Niz (at +1.5) as a part of a 3-teamer with the other two, so hoping they can at least cut it to 1.

Thanks for capping these!

Outstanding, welcome to the goldmine that is the KHL. Great day to start!

Huge day yesterday going 2-1 and hitting a +715 dog. 24-17 on the campaign.

The fade of Avangard will continue as these lines are just downright absurd.

Vityaz Chekhov/Витязь Чехов +190

Torpedo Nizhniy Novgorod/Торпедо Нижний Новгород +100

Huge day yesterday going 2-1 and hitting a +715 dog. 24-17 on the campaign.

The fade of Avangard will continue as these lines are just downright absurd.

Vityaz Chekhov/Витязь Чехов +190

Torpedo Nizhniy Novgorod/Торпедо Нижний Новгород +100

Get 'em!

0-2 yesterday. Avangard was due. 24-19 on the campaign.

Admiral Vladivostok/Адмирал Владивосток +165

Mettalurg Magnitogorsk/Метталург Магнитогорск +105

Spartak/Спартак -115

SKA Sankt Peterburg/СКА Санкт Петербург -2.5 -125
If they can't crush Novokuznetsk coming off a home loss then they are no longer the Miami Heat of the KHL.

1-3 the other day, some tough luck with two shootout losses when our side had the lead in the third. I've been somewhat cold since then on all sports so for the moment tail with caution. 25-22 on the season.

Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod/Barys Astana over 6(+105)

Back