Motor City Bowl discussion thread- FAU vs C. Michigan

RetroVK

This claim is disputed
Current line on the game is Central Michigan -7

Game is played at Ford Field in Detroit. A dome obviously.

4 starters for FAU have been deemed ineligible to play according to las vegas insider.

Those four players include their placekicker , a starting linebacker and two starting offensive linemen.

I don't think there is value to be found in the line but want to get discussion going.

seems to me that CMU looks great with those players missing, but it didn't seem to hurt TCU the other night.

...i have CMU very high in my bowl confidence pools and i'm a little worried with Schnellenberger's bowl record (5-0). I don't see CMU being very excited being in this bowl for the 3rd straight year as i heard tonight on ESPN, but i think they'll want to prove something after the loss to Eastern Michigan.

Don't see much defense here, though so maybe an over play?

Kind of think CMU takes them to the woodshed here. Not really impressed by FAU's 5-1 finish. Who they really beat in that stretch? @WKU by 4, @ULM by 1 (needed a 22-yard TD pass with :20 remaining), vs. North Texas by 33, vs. ULL by 11 (ULL turned it over 4 times and used 3 QBs), and vs. FLINT by 7 in OT (needed 2 TDs in the final 2:06 to force OT). This team could easily be 4-8. They benefitted from some turnovers in these games, and every team (with the exception of North Texas) had at least moderate success both passing and running the ball against the FAU D.

FAU seems to play some undisciplined ball as well:

at WKU: 11 penalties for 100 yards
at ULM: 10 penalties for 136 yards
vs. UNT: 11 penalties for 94 yards
vs. ULL: 9 penalties for 85 yards
at Arky St.: 4 penalties for 39 yards
vs FIU: 10 penalties for 105 yards

Have to figure that losing two starting OL further complicates this problem.

FAU has faced some dual threat QBs thus far (Leonard, Desormeaux, Lancaster), but Lefevour is the best of them and has more help than any of those guys. Think CMU has a field day on offense here, the defense just needs to be decent enough.

Thinking 42-24 here.

seems to me that CMU looks great with those players missing, but it didn't seem to hurt TCU the other night.

...i have CMU very high in my bowl confidence pools and i'm a little worried with Schnellenberger's bowl record (5-0). I don't see CMU being very excited being in this bowl for the 3rd straight year as i heard tonight on ESPN, but i think they'll want to prove something after the loss to Eastern Michigan.

Don't see much defense here, though so maybe an over play?

The game rates to be high scoring but it is set at 67 right now. So I am not sure it isn't already accounted for in the line. And there has to be some concern with the two offensive linemen out as to whether FAU can keep up. Just a big unknown in some ways.

I have some problems with laying the points with central michigan against any bowl eligible team. When you lay a td you are basically asking the team to win by DD in my opinion. Yes it could land 8 or 9 sometimes , dont get me wrong but if i lay a td , i expect the team to win by DD. Cmich has done that all of twice all year long while playing in the MAC. Yes, the MAC is improved but that stands out to me. Also , both games they won by DD it fell exactly 10. One game vs temple where they had a 4-1 turnover edge and the western michigan game where they were out first downed 28-22 and both teams had roughly 520 yards of offense. Just not a team that has shown the ability to run away and hide.

Also , it is just hard for me to imagine that the backdoor is not highly available here. How much do i have to be ahead in order to feel confident going into the fourth ?

FAU is depleted but still have the leading tackler in the nation and play hard nosed football. Certainly better than an average MAC team on defense.

No way in hell that i can back FAU given the game is in michigan , a field where cmich has a lot of experience , and fau without key players.

I am not a fan of going over numbers this high so that is out and given the concerns that i have with the owls oline .. no way i can pull that trigger.

Kind of think CMU takes them to the woodshed here. Not really impressed by FAU's 5-1 finish. Who they really beat in that stretch? @WKU by 4, @ULM by 1 (needed a 22-yard TD pass with :20 remaining), vs. North Texas by 33, vs. ULL by 11 (ULL turned it over 4 times and used 3 QBs), and vs. FLINT by 7 in OT (needed 2 TDs in the final 2:06 to force OT). This team could easily be 4-8. They benefitted from some turnovers in these games, and every team (with the exception of North Texas) had at least moderate success both passing and running the ball against the FAU D.

FAU seems to play some undisciplined ball as well:

at WKU: 11 penalties for 100 yards
at ULM: 10 penalties for 136 yards
vs. UNT: 11 penalties for 94 yards
vs. ULL: 9 penalties for 85 yards
at Arky St.: 4 penalties for 39 yards
vs FIU: 10 penalties for 105 yards

Have to figure that losing two starting OL further complicates this problem.

FAU has faced some dual threat QBs thus far (Leonard, Desormeaux, Lancaster), but Lefevour is the best of them and has more help than any of those guys. Think CMU has a field day on offense here, the defense just needs to be decent enough.

Thinking 42-24 here.

Great point on the penalties .. and if the cover comes down to a kick .. well FAU is without Leroy.

In addition to the running qb's you already mentioned , they played vs colt mccoy , Webb of uab and jamie hampton for most of the Troy St game before he went out with injury. Varying degrees of success.

I think CMU beats them up pretty good here. I am going to be playing CMU-7, will write up some thoughts later, too hungover

I like CMU here as well, because I dont think they will ever punt.

But their defense does suck balls.

One thing to note, FAU's punting game is one of the worst in the nation, and CMU's punt return game is the BEST in the nation. Thats if FAU has to ever punt....

I like CMU here as well, because I dont think they will ever punt.

But their defense does suck balls.

One thing to note, FAU's punting game is one of the worst in the nation, and CMU's punt return game is the BEST in the nation. Thats if FAU has to ever punt....

Could definitely be a factor in the game. There should be at least a few opportunities for Brown to return a punt with good field position.

I think it will be a high scoring affair...but I trust LeFevour alot more than I trust Smith. Not only is LeFevour more accurate, but he's most certainly healthy now, which will also make him the more mobile QB.

With you guys on CMU.

Played the OVER at 62.5 and posted it at 63. I think there will be at least 80 points scored in this one.

FAU will look at Eastern michigan game as a blue print for how to attack CMU. Neither team will be real intersted in playing defense I don't think. I got all my thoughts on the game in my thread but I'm short on time now. I'm in the minority leanin FAU but it would be ML or nothing for me on them. I think they either win the game or get out scored in a big shoot out. Central Michigan just seems like free money and it is just rarely ever that easy. OVER for me, took FAU SU in some bowl pools...

What happened to the consensus around here of not wanting to be on the same side as the public? From the numbers I've seen CMU is one of the biggest public plays of all the bowls. CMU is notorious for playing down to their competition, that also has me a bit leary.

But hey I go to Western Michigan so I hate those chimps. :cheers:

highly interested in fau and lean under

pounded the shit out of emu and maybe same here

cmu is insanely overrated

fav just 5x went 2-3ats ,laying 7.5 win b 10 and lay 2.5 win by 3

road wins ere 4pts or less

knock fau but would did cmu do

only scored 31 or more twice before the finale in reg and more methodical then big play

fau as some questions with fan suport an players available

rusty smith is capable of what schimtt did imho

31-28 maybe

Played the OVER at 62.5 and posted it at 63. I think there will be at least 80 points scored in this one.

I doubt there's ever been a bowl in which both teams scored and allowed 50+ in their previous game.

I think this well be similar to the CMU/Purdue game last year.. I just think both defenses are garbage

Already played CMU -6' before the ineligible players and like it better now. 2 OL and especially the PK are big losses.

CMU is not the same as it has been the last 3 years but that has alot to do with playing in an improved all-around MAC and a tough non-conference schedule. Experts like Schnellenberger as the better coach but I make it a push.

This is CMU's 3rd straight Motor City Bowl and they are 1-1 SU but 2-0 ATS. Remember last year they came from way behind to backdoor the cover against Purdue.

We haven't seen a MAC team play yet in the bowls.

We have seen 1 Sun Belt team play with Troy and Troy had the talent to stay with (in my mind) a surprisingly talented and physical Southern Miss team, but lost in the end because they lost their aggression and head (that failure to convert on 3rd down will piss me off for years to come).

I have not been impressed by FAU all year long and Steele makes a big deal of their 5-1 run (although above this is discussed and done away with). For what it's worth, Steele gives CMU a 3.5 factor edge over FAU but still calls for a 3 pt FAU win and makes FAU a 2* selection. Then again, Steele is 2-5 so far this year winning only 1* Wake Forest and 4* Notre Dame (the easiest picks this bowl season so far, IMO).

But Steele's pick doesn't reflect his own stat and score projection. His stats call for a 34-27 CMU win with CMU running for nearly 175 yards (compared to 130 for FAU) and passing for 300 (FAU passing for 280) and FAU having 1 more turnover than CMU.

I'm pretty confident about my CMU -6' bet and am working on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday's games.

I think this well be similar to the CMU/Purdue game last year.. I just think both defenses are garbage

I think you are 100% correct. Both defenses are total garbage.

I just will take my chances with Cmich offense against a FAU offense that is without 2 starting o-line guys....

If I had to guess, CMich wins something like 52 - 31.

highly interested in fau and lean under

pounded the shit out of emu and maybe same here

cmu is insanely overrated

fav just 5x went 2-3ats ,laying 7.5 win b 10 and lay 2.5 win by 3

road wins ere 4pts or less

knock fau but would did cmu do

only scored 31 or more twice before the finale in reg and more methodical then big play

fau as some questions with fan suport an players available

rusty smith is capable of what schimtt did imho

31-28 maybe

While I agree EMU definitely provided a blueprint for FAU, I also feel people are forgetting that it was a TERRIBLE spot for CMU (of course, I had $$$ on the Chips). Not only were the Chips coming off their tough, hangover loss to Ball State, where they crapped away a shot at the MAC Title, but it was also the final game for EMU's HC Genyk. Without question, Genyk's boys played very, very hard for him.

Also, LeFevour is in a class of his own. He's more than a notch above Rusty Smith. Just compare the stats.

<TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=yspscbrdbg align=middle><TD class=ysptblhdr align=left colSpan=16 height=18>Passing</TD><TD class=yspwhitebg noWrap width=1 rowSpan=100><SPACER type="block" width="1" height="1"></TD></TR><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right><TD class=yspdetailttl height=18> </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left width="21%">Name</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>G</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>QBRat</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Att</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Comp</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Pct</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/A</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/G</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Int</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Long</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Sack</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>YdsL</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl height=18> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=yspscores> </TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>Dan LeFev</TD><TD class=yspscores>10</TD><TD class=yspscores>145.3</TD><TD class=yspscores>336</TD><TD class=yspscores>223</TD><TD class=yspscores>66.4</TD><TD class=yspscores>2531</TD><TD class=yspscores>7.5</TD><TD class=yspscores>253.1</TD><TD class=yspscores>19</TD><TD class=yspscores>5</TD><TD class=yspscores>93</TD><TD class=yspscores>19</TD><TD class=yspscores>-127</TD><TD class=yspscores> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=yspscbrdbg align=middle><TD class=ysptblhdr align=left colSpan=16 height=18>Passing</TD><TD class=yspwhitebg noWrap width=1 rowSpan=100><SPACER type="block" width="1" height="1"></TD></TR><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right><TD class=yspdetailttl height=18> </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left width="21%">Name</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>G</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>QBRat</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Att</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Comp</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Pct</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/A</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/G</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Int</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Long</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Sack</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>YdsL</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl height=18> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=yspscores> </TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>Rusty Smith</TD><TD class=yspscores>12</TD><TD class=yspscores>125.9</TD><TD class=yspscores>400</TD><TD class=yspscores>214</TD><TD class=yspscores>53.5</TD><TD class=yspscores>2918</TD><TD class=yspscores>7.3</TD><TD class=yspscores>243.2</TD><TD class=yspscores>22</TD><TD class=yspscores>14</TD><TD class=yspscores>71</TD><TD class=yspscores>12</TD><TD class=yspscores>-103</TD><TD class=yspscores> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Also, in terms of being a dual threat, LeFevour blows Smith out of the water. LeFevour leads the Chips in rushing, with roughly 540 yards & 6 TDs. Rusty Smith has -60 yards on the season & 2 TDs.

Against CMU, Schmitt kept many drives alive by scrambling 9 times for 40 yards, picking up key first downs with his legs. Smith will not be able to replicate those numbers, and thanks to Smith's inaccuracy as a QB, I will be surprised if FAU doesn't punt it more than CMU.

Having said that, I understand that this game is much more than 2 QB's going head to head...but IMO, Smith's questionable decision making will lead to a key turnover or two at some point, which will be the difference in the game. I have faith that the Chips will outscore the Owls by a TD or more.

:prayer

I took the chips -6 i honestly think lefevour will outplay rusty smith.. The 2 starting olineman being out doesnt help smith... CMU wins

I think you are 100% correct. Both defenses are total garbage.

I just will take my chances with Cmich offense against a FAU offense that is without 2 starting o-line guys....

If I had to guess, CMich wins something like 52 - 31.

:shake:

Works for me

While I agree EMU definitely provided a blueprint for FAU, I also feel people are forgetting that it was a TERRIBLE spot for CMU (of course, I had $$$ on the Chips). Not only were the Chips coming off their tough, hangover loss to Ball State, where they crapped away a shot at the MAC Title, but it was also the final game for EMU's HC Genyk. Without question, Genyk's boys played very, very hard for him.

Also, LeFevour is in a class of his own. He's more than a notch above Rusty Smith. Just compare the stats.

<TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=yspscbrdbg align=middle><TD class=ysptblhdr align=left colSpan=16 height=18>Passing</TD><TD class=yspwhitebg noWrap width=1 rowSpan=100><SPACER height="1" width="1" type="block"></TD></TR><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right><TD class=yspdetailttl height=18></TD><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left width="21%">Name</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>G</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>QBRat</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Att</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Comp</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Pct</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/A</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/G</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Int</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Long</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Sack</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>YdsL</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl height=18></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=yspscores></TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>Dan LeFev</TD><TD class=yspscores>10</TD><TD class=yspscores>145.3</TD><TD class=yspscores>336</TD><TD class=yspscores>223</TD><TD class=yspscores>66.4</TD><TD class=yspscores>2531</TD><TD class=yspscores>7.5</TD><TD class=yspscores>253.1</TD><TD class=yspscores>19</TD><TD class=yspscores>5</TD><TD class=yspscores>93</TD><TD class=yspscores>19</TD><TD class=yspscores>-127</TD><TD class=yspscores></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=yspscbrdbg align=middle><TD class=ysptblhdr align=left colSpan=16 height=18>Passing</TD><TD class=yspwhitebg noWrap width=1 rowSpan=100><SPACER height="1" width="1" type="block"></TD></TR><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right><TD class=yspdetailttl height=18></TD><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left width="21%">Name</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>G</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>QBRat</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Att</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Comp</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Pct</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/A</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/G</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Int</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Long</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Sack</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>YdsL</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl height=18></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=yspscores></TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>Rusty Smith</TD><TD class=yspscores>12</TD><TD class=yspscores>125.9</TD><TD class=yspscores>400</TD><TD class=yspscores>214</TD><TD class=yspscores>53.5</TD><TD class=yspscores>2918</TD><TD class=yspscores>7.3</TD><TD class=yspscores>243.2</TD><TD class=yspscores>22</TD><TD class=yspscores>14</TD><TD class=yspscores>71</TD><TD class=yspscores>12</TD><TD class=yspscores>-103</TD><TD class=yspscores></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Also, in terms of being a dual threat, LeFevour blows Smith out of the water. LeFevour leads the Chips in rushing, with roughly 540 yards & 6 TDs. Rusty Smith has -60 yards on the season & 2 TDs.

Against CMU, Schmitt kept many drives alive by scrambling 9 times for 40 yards, picking up key first downs with his legs. Smith will not be able to replicate those numbers, and thanks to Smith's inaccuracy as a QB, I will be surprised if FAU doesn't punt it more than CMU.

Having said that, I understand that this game is much more than 2 QB's going head to head...but IMO, Smith's questionable decision making will lead to a key turnover or two at some point, which will be the difference in the game. I have faith that the Chips will outscore the Owls by a TD or more.

:prayer

Emu won at cmu last year and played them tough all 4 years dont buy the hangover one bit. Hungover as 6 pt home dogs? cmu barely won every game and their schedule was soft. @ohio u ,toledo, indiana? temple w/o dimichele? fau struggles were no different then cmu. fau has the better defense imo as well. cmu home pup to the 2 best teams in the mac it played. actually think just 3 times was cmu favored by 7 to 10 pts and the only cover was by 2 pts vs tmple. think its a close gme and fau has a chance to win su

the last fau game was crazy= 28 to 28 in just the 4th q?

like the cmu tt under also:shake:gl:cheers:

Few thoughts.

FAU versus Legit Dual Threat QBs:

Colt McCoy: 12rush-103-1td
Joe Webb: 18-66
Jaime Hampton: 16-61-2td
Kinsmon Lancanster: 14-86
Corey Leonard: 14-33

LeFevour was banged up from the Temple game to basically the end of the season. He has had a month off to get healthy which is huge. I expect he carries the ball 15+ times, half probably designed runs, the other half just making plays with his feet.

In games LeFevour has rushed 15+ times he has:

45 vs. Ohio w/ 1td
112 vs. Purdue w/ 1td
100 vs. Buffalo w/ 1td
121 vs. NIU w/ 2td
75 vs. Ball St

I think with the way FAU plays defense, LeFevour is good for 15-105-1td. As a team CMU is going to rush for over 200 yards. You add in another 225-250yards with LeFevour through the air and your looking at 450+ offensive yards from CMU. I don't think FAU is going to be able to match the offensive production in this game. I hated on CMU's pass defense all yr and I know FAU is going to chuck it around a little bit here, I just think LeFevours ability to keep a play alive with his feet is going to be a backbreaker for the FAU defense. CMU still has a very decent RB on the field with Ontario Sneed and they also have Antonio Brown who is dangerous whenever the ball is in his hands.

Rusty Smith's turnovers are going to be crucial here. LeFevour does not turn the ball over. Usually MAC teams are not that fast but CMU has some good speed and they should be able to cope with the Florida speed. Then you add in the special teams advantage and playing this game in Michigan and I think its going to be a dominating 17+ point win for CMU.

Three FAU starters, kicker are staying home
> Posted by Ted Hutton at 2:32 PM

The Voice made it official -- LB Andre Clark, OL Kevin Miller, OL Brandon Jackson, K Warley Leroy will not be making the trip to the Motor City Bowl.
They didn't get good enough grades in the first semester to stay eligible. Three are seniors -- Clark, Jackson and Leroy, so their careers end with this self-inflicted indignity.
Not the way to go out.
"It is disappointing, but it could also be a blessing in disguise," The Voice said in his usual glass-half-full perspective. "It means the team will become tighter and players will raise the level of their game to compensate."
The O-line is the biggest concern, but it isn't that bad off. With Rizzo out, you have three new players, but Vinnie Henderson has done a fine job filling in for Rizzo, and Henderson is back to 100 percent after his injury. Lavoris Williams will go in for Jackson, and Williams started six games before Paris came back, and Ryan Wishnefski will replace Miller.
So, the line is Lavoris Williams at LT, David Matlock LG, Nick Paris C, Ryan Wischnefski RG and Vinnie Henderson RT.
Chemistry is important on the line, and that will be lacking. The line also faces a pretty stout front D line of CMU, so this could be a factor in the game and will be something to watch closely. It also strips away experience on the depth chart, so fans have to hope these five stay healthy for 60 more minutes.
Ed Bradwell will replace Clark at LB, and that is also not bad. Bradwell has really impressed coaches and is a very good cover LB, and often played in the 4-2-5 in place of Clark, so I don't see too big of a problem there.
Kicker I talked about earlier. I think Ross Gornall is an upgrade over Leroy.
(Note on ineligible players: Last year FAU had to send some home since they were already in New Orleans when grades were finalized -- though there were no starters among them. And the players had to pay their own way back...)
Later....

read enough to say dont think fau's 4 players abent change anything.

cmu doesnt force turnovers the had 15 all season.

eastern illi , at georgia, at ohio u , at purdue , buffalo--what game was impressive? pre- Lefevour injury.

fau was plagued by ineffiency in the red zone early on

cmu cites fau's team speed as concern

cmu allowed 100 4th q pts

oh and this hasnt been mentioned-

Now, before fans start complaining, let me testify on behalf of Nord. He has been a great plus for FAU, and the offense (and Rusty Smith) have flourished under him. He is loyal to Howard, thinks of him as a second father, and would not be doing this if he felt it was hurting FAU.
And there is a very real plus to this. Guess who has played against Central Michigan three times in the last two seasons?
Answer: Purdue. And the Boilermakers’ record against the Chipps in those games? 3-0. (45-22 on Sept. 15 2007; 51-48 in the 2007 Motor City Bowl; 32-25 on Sept. 20 this regular season.)
Asked if he had been asking his soon-to-be-fellow coaches for advice on how they handled Central Michigan, Nord nodded his head. “I have picked all their brains,” he said, so he obviously has info for FAU defensive coordinator Kirk Hoza, as well as details on how to move the ball against them..
Not a bad tradeoff, IMHO. A lot less sleep for Nord, a lot of inside info for FAU.

cmu wasnt 7 pts better then most mac teams at home so this line is to fat for my liking:cheers:

<!-- being category labels -->

There should be alot of points in this one, both have horrible defenses. Whoever wins the turnover battle in this one should win.

Emu won at cmu last year and played them tough all 4 years dont buy the hangover one bit. Hungover as 6 pt home dogs? cmu barely won every game and their schedule was soft. @ohio u ,toledo, indiana? temple w/o dimichele? fau struggles were no different then cmu. fau has the better defense imo as well. cmu home pup to the 2 best teams in the mac it played. actually think just 3 times was cmu favored by 7 to 10 pts and the only cover was by 2 pts vs tmple. think its a close gme and fau has a chance to win su

the last fau game was crazy= 28 to 28 in just the 4th q?

like the cmu tt under also:shake:gl:cheers:

I guess we agree to disagree, Nut.

For one, you've slammed CMU's weak schedule this entire thread...but fail to mention that FAU's was potentially just as weak. And to put it in your words...what has FAU done to impress in their recent wins?

Won in a shootout against FIU 57-50. Lost at Arky St 28-14. Romped a horrid North Texas squad. BARELY eeked by a (4-8) ULM squad 28-29, and a (2-10) WKU squad 24-20.

As a matter of fact, their last six opponents have a combined record of 24-48, and their only loss in that span came against Arky St (6-6)...and NONE of those teams have a winning record.

IMO, you're slighting CMU's season...significantly so.

I don't see much fault in CMU getting blown out by Georgia...every MAC team probably would be, as would FAU, who was crushed by Texas.

I see nothing wrong with CMU struggling to beat the MAC Champion Buffalo Bulls...or chalking up 10 point wins against a vastly improved Temple squad, or their biggest rivals WMU.

This Chip team puts up points...period. I can't say the same for FAU, who's been trumped and shut out at times this season. At least CMU was competitive against nearly all of their tough opponents this season...can't say the same for FAU.

Is there a chance 6.5 is too many? Yeah, definitely. But I'll take my chances with the better QB and team that found a way to win 8 games this season.

FAU will look at Eastern michigan game as a blue print for how to attack CMU. Neither team will be real intersted in playing defense I don't think. I got all my thoughts on the game in my thread but I'm short on time now. I'm in the minority leanin FAU but it would be ML or nothing for me on them. I think they either win the game or get out scored in a big shoot out. Central Michigan just seems like free money and it is just rarely ever that easy. OVER for me, took FAU SU in some bowl pools...

me 2 @ 63. fukin thing is at 68.5 pts though right now. i'd prolly still play it...but i'd be pissed about it.

I don't know how anyone can slam CMU's schedule when their opponent is FAU.

CMU has wins over: Ohio, Buffalo, Temple, WMich, Toledo, Indiana, and NIU.

Meanwhile, FAU's best win this season? Over a 6-6 ULL? UAB finished 4-8, UL Monroe finished 4-8, WKU was 2-10, North Texas was 1-11, FIU was 5-7. Their 6 wins came against opponents with a combined record of 22-50. Reread again, Thats awful and shouldn't even get you a bowl

Thats not even close in comparison of schedules.

The Sunbelt, outside of Troy, is a minor league conference.

I actually like CMU ending the year with a terrible loss to EMU as far as motivation goes coming into this bowl game.

I see the line dropped to 6.5 over night, fine by me. Looking at how FAU is vulnerable against a running-QB, I fully expect CMU and LeFevour to run wild in this game.

FAU not taking Christmas off as it readies for Friday's <ST1:p<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><st1:PlaceName w:st=
Motor</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">City </st1:PlaceType></ST1:pBowl<O:p</O:p

By Ted Hutton | <ST1:pSouth Florida</ST1:place> Sun-Sentinel<O:p</O:p

December 25, 2008 <O:p></O:p>
  • <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:place w:st="on">Detroit</ST1:place></st1:City> - While not exactly Scrooge, Florida Atlantic coach Howard Schnellenberger is not treating Christmas day much different than any other day before a football game.

For some Owls, today was scheduled to start at 7 a.m., when they were to help serve a meal to the homeless at an inner city Salvation Army site.

Then it was on to a 10:15 a.m. practice, the final one before Friday's 7:30 p.m. Motor City Bowl against <ST1:place w:st="on">Central Michigan</ST1:place>.

"If you are in the Army and in <st1:country-region w:st="on"><ST1:place w:st="on">Iraq</ST1:place></st1:country-region>, what would you want your company commander to do? Let you lay around and suck your thumb and feel sorry for yourself or would you rather go out and take a 40-mile hike?" Schnelleberger
    <O:p></O:p>
<!-- google ads --><!-- END google ads --><!-- END rail -->Schnellenberger is giving the players the afternoon off so those whose family's made the trip can spend some time with them.

Linebacker Ted Czepiga's family was scheduled to fly in at 9 a.m. today.

"Christmas Eve will be different, not being there with them, but this is a once-in-a-lifetime experience," Czepiga said.

Most players will not have their families with them, so they either celebrated the holiday before they left or will when they return.

"I wish they were here, but the finances wouldn't work for us," linebacker Ed Bradwell said. "My family has already gotten all their presents and cards. Whatever I forget I will give to them when I get back."

Offensive lineman Ryan Wischnefski is waiting to celebrate with his family when he gets back to <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:place w:st="on">Palm Bay</ST1:place></st1:City>.

"They are having a party at the house [Friday] and they will be watching the game," Wischnefski said.

"Right now, doesn't feel like Christmas Eve and tomorrow won't feel like Christmas. It will just be another day getting ready for a game on Friday," Wischnefski said.

Schnellenberger said there is a solid reason not to take a day off before a game, even if it is Christmas.

"Eighty percent of good preparations happens in the last 20 percent of time before the event. Ask people with plays on Broadway," Schnellenberger said.<O:p></O:p>

i don't think this cmu defense has shown quite how bad they really are. as bad as fau's defense is, it is much better than cmu's imo. you guys make some good points to backing cmu (most of the good ones involve hammering home how bad fau has been), but i can't justify holding a ticket where i'm laying 7 in a bowl game with one of the worst defenses ever assembled, especially when i also don't have the motivational edge or the coaching edge. fau probably doesn't deserve to be in a bowl game. this reminds me too much of the col state game--another team that didn't really deserve to go but squeaked in. from a position by position basis, this team is undermatched much like csu was. fresno had an absolutely atrocious defense and a distorted self-image that they should be in a better bowl just because they came up short of their higher season goals. well much like fresno, cmu came up short of those goals for a reason---their horrible defense and an offense that has imo regressed a bit from what it was the last two years. i have a hard time seeing how fau doesn't win straight up tonight...shopping for the best moneyline as we speak. bol fellas

We disagree some Atzec but when I get a minute in abit will try and clarify . What I am trying to say isnt coming through so I try to develop my points ...:cheers:

i don't think this cmu defense has shown quite how bad they really are. as bad as fau's defense is, it is much better than cmu's imo. you guys make some good points to backing cmu (most of the good ones involve hammering home how bad fau has been), but i can't justify holding a ticket where i'm laying 7 in a bowl game with one of the worst defenses ever assembled, especially when i also don't have the motivational edge or the coaching edge. fau probably doesn't deserve to be in a bowl game. this reminds me too much of the col state game--another team that didn't really deserve to go but squeaked in. from a position by position basis, this team is undermatched much like csu was. fresno had an absolutely atrocious defense and a distorted self-image that they should be in a better bowl just because they came up short of their higher season goals. well much like fresno, cmu came up short of those goals for a reason---their horrible defense and an offense that has imo regressed a bit from what it was the last two years. i have a hard time seeing how fau doesn't win straight up tonight...shopping for the best moneyline as we speak. bol fellas

The situation you mention with CSU/Fresno and FAU/CMU is a good one but for me personally, I don't feel the same way about them. I thought CSU could beat Fresno, I picked them in my confidence pool that I am in.. I don't think FAU can beat CMU. CMU has a bad pass defense, their rush defense is not bad. FAU has an AWFUL rush defense and their pass defense isn't good, its just better than CMU. LeFevour is a better passing QB than Smith, then he also has the ability with his feet and he is a better overall QB, its not even close in mind when you take in the fact that he doesn't turn the ball over and his high completion percentage. I think its important to once again mention that LeFevour has been hampered by an ankle injury since the Temple game basically now should be 100% for the first time in a while. Antonio Brown is sure to make an impact if they punt to him, If they don't want to then, I see a few shanks setting CMU up with good field position. Sneed should find a lot of room to run in this game as well.

Out of all the true passing QB's that CMU has faced this yr: Stafford, Painter, Drew Willy, Tim Hiller, Nate Davis, and Andy Schmitt, where does Rusty Smith rank on this list?

He is behind everyone except Painter and Schmitt in yards
He is behind everyone in completion percentage
He has thrown for more TDs than Painter and Schmitt
He has thrown more INT's than everyone listed above.

That to me, would rank Rusty Smith as the 5th to 6th best QB that CMU has seen this yr so expecting him to go out and throw for 350yds and 4tds in this game, is a stretch in my mind. And, thats going by stats a lone and not giving proper weight against the different SOS because FAU 6 wins come against opponents who are 22-50 combined. CMU 7 D1-A wins come against teams who are 38-47 and that includes 3 bowl teams in Buffalo-NIU-WMU

Last edited:
cmu has 2 wins by more than a td this year...

temple, who without dimichele is a bottom-tier mac team -- temple's defense did a damn good job against cmu, but their offense is horrible, and without dimichele it is even more horrible. nevertheless, first downs were even and they outgained cmu. probably the worst rushing team in the mac was able to average 4.1 ypc. they lost the turnover battle 4-0 and it was still a 3 point game going into the fourth...cmu won by 10

western michigan -- cmu's most impressive victory when glancing at the schedule. well wmu out first-downed them 28-23, had 520 yards of total offense, won t.o.p., and completed 72% of their passes for 471 yards. wmu had a hard time running the ball--they usually do, and when you're throwing that efficiently who cares, and didn't convert 3rd downs as well as cmu did. close game throughout, and cmu kicked a fg with a minute remaining to win by double digits.

not exactly dominating double digit wins.

and etg, i don't get how this emu game is going to be a motivational factor. i mean, they lost to them as big favs last year and then gave up 30 points a game in their last 3 games. this was a REVENGE game from an embarassing loss the previous year against a team that won 3 games all year, had lost 5 straight, and before the previous week had 20 days off (usually mail in the season when you have a layoff that big)---then fought tough only to lose a high scoring game by 3 the week before.

if someone is going to look at the emu body of work, look at the spot both teams were in, and then look at the boxscore of that game, and STILL think that -7 looks "too easy"---wow.

read these twice:

38 first downs
616 yards of total offense
73% completion percentage
516 yards passing
58 completions
36 mins of t.o.p.
4 ypc rushing
8 total touchdowns
6 first half touchdowns
56 points

this team was a MAC bottom dwellar---a 3-9 team!!!! that's the horse you guys are backing CONFIDENTLY as 7 point favorites?!?! i don't get it.

I like FAU +7......I expect somewhere btw 71-75pts scored....therefore, I also like the OVER 68.5....even though this line has been banged up like a mo-fo...I still can't bring myself to consider the U.

Sidebar:

"Owls coach Howard Schnellenberger has never lost a bowl game in 24 seasons as a college coach. He is 5-0 in the postseason in stops at Miami (Fla.), Louisville, Oklahoma and FAU, which he led to a 44-27 win over Memphis in the New Orleans Bowl last year."

BOL guys.

:cheers:

well i guess we just disagree on how good cmu's defense is etg...i think fau's rush defense is better than cmu's regardless of what any stats say, and i don't think it's a stretch at all for rusty smith to get 350 yards passing and 4 tds....in fact, i think it's more likely that he does have numbers like that than he doesn't.

the fau punt vs cmu punt return would be a bigger concern for me if i thought fau was going to punt more than twice...

the 3 bowl wins look good on the surface, but 2 of those wins were by less than what they're laying now, the only one being a game where the box score shows that they should have not won by as much as they did

my .02...bol bud

we're not going to agree on this game at all but it was good debate and i'm sure many have some points to read on both sides.

gl

[quote=Aztec4Life;1241455]I guess we agree to disagree, Nut.

For one, you've slammed CMU's weak schedule this entire thread...but fail to mention that FAU's was potentially just as weak. And to put it in your words...what has FAU done to impress in their recent wins?

Won in a shootout against FIU 57-50. Lost at Arky St 28-14. Romped a horrid North Texas squad. BARELY eeked by a (4-8) ULM squad 28-29, and a (2-10) WKU squad 24-20.

As a matter of fact, their last six opponents have a combined record of 24-48, and their only loss in that span came against Arky St (6-6)...and NONE of those teams have a winning record.

IMO, you're slighting CMU's season...significantly so.

I don't see much fault in CMU getting blown out by Georgia...every MAC team probably would be, as would FAU, who was crushed by Texas.

I see nothing wrong with CMU struggling to beat the MAC Champion Buffalo Bulls...or chalking up 10 point wins against a vastly improved Temple squad, or their biggest rivals WMU.

This Chip team puts up points...period. I can't say the same for FAU, who's been trumped and shut out at times this season. At least CMU was competitive against nearly all of their tough opponents this season...can't say the same for FAU.

Is there a chance 6.5 is too many? Yeah, definitely. But I'll take my chances with the better QB and team that found a way to win 8 games this season.[/quote]

First thing is I am not slamming CMU's schedule as much as I am trying to point out the results vs an ordinary schedule. People talk about CMU like they are a great team and I dont understand what game or games points to good play vs quality opponents. Both played some tough OOC opponents and the Sun Belt is weaker but outside of North Texas who is miserable every team is decent . Everyone knows about Troy , ULL went 5-2 and everyother program went 4-3 or 3-4 . One cant just say the Sun Belt this and the MAC is that because the Sun Belt has ONLY 8 teams while the MAC is 2 divisions of 7 teams . We cant compare 8 teams vs 14 it just doesnt make sense to. My point is you take the Sun Belt teams minus the best and worst and you take the MAC teams minus best and worst and hard to see much of a difference between Ohio , Akron , Kent State , Miami Ohio , Toledo , NIU , EMU . Might some of these MAC teams be slightily better then Sun Belt teams sure but its more along the lines of maybe -1 to -3 pts on a neutral field not some wide gap .

FAU has not been impressive but with 3 road conference games and 3 home games going 5-1 was solid . They did what they had to do . You can knock Ark State all you want and they didnt finish the season that strong but they also have played SoMiss very well last few years . So they arent to different from a middle of the pack CUSA team . That was FAU lone loss and on the road .

Why would you even cite a small conferences records ? You know most small conference teams are much different teams home and away . Knock Western Kentucky but they had one of the best defenses of any mid major program and it was tested by some good offenses and held its own. Look how Ball State struggled @ WKU . WKU biggest downfall was the fact it had absolutely no offense and the defense eventually tired. FIU who 35-16 @ Toledo or Mid Tenn who beat Maryland at home which the same Maryland team smoked Eastern Michigan at home ....Oh and that shootout with FIU at home its true but again FIU won @ Toledo (and granted was a flat spot for the team) but CMU barely and I mean barely won @ Toledo .....

Go check the Texas game as FAU played alot better then score indicated. They had some turnovers and settled for a FG one time but something like 38 plays for 250 yards of offense trailing 24-10 .

6 possessions in the 1st H texas :
1st -fumbled on 2nd and 10 at the Texas 16 yd line
2nd -2nd and 5 at the Texas 39 yd line , loss a yard , then INC so forced to punt
3rd-2nd and goal at the Texas 8 yd line (INT)
4th- 3rd and 3 at the Texas 9 ydline (FG)
5th- statt backed up inside the 20 and texas held them finally to a 3 and out
6th - finally a TD drive .....

So the performances @ Georgia and @ Texas the Owls played a TON of better ....FAU made the mistake of talking shit before the game and think once Texas extended the lead after half they were just deflated and Texas superior talent , strength and size took over ......

They played solid @ Michigan State but weather conditions killed them. FAU a pro style passing attack playing in a monsoon vs Javon Ringer one of the better RB's in the country who do you think had an edge ?? Also when they hosted Troy also crap field conditions that would benefit a running team more...

Game @ Minny also misleading ...Minny had a defensive TD , and TDs of 27 , 41 and 42 yds thanks to great field position usually off turnovers and lets not forget that Minnesota started HOT and had a tremendous amount of revenge in this game !! Think FAU had maybe 1 3 and out all day similiar stuff killed them turnovers and going for 4th it on 4th down ...

Nothing wrong with beating Temple with its 2nd string QB who has his only decent game vs CMU ? Only favored by -7.5 at home vs a team starting QB #2 ?? You know how poor Temple's offense was w/o DiMichele we all do. Please dont make Buffalo to be out something more then they are . You know that the Buffalo team they played on Sep 27th was nowhere near the same team that won the MAC Championship (which CMU beat 27-25) . Which Buffalo also had a poor defense . Oh that Buffalo team that was 2-4 and beat Army , Miami Ohio , Akron , BG(who struggled late) and lost @ Kent State....sounds like the similiar taking care of business path that has FAU taken even two FG wins and another by 3 in OT . Nothing wrong with blowing a 24 Pt lead @ NIU in 16 or so minutes and winning in OT ?? How did NIU fare vs the better teams ? Guess the Indiana game gets a small asterisk since Brunner started but he was the former starter at one point . They were losing to start the 4th Q and won by 3 points after scoring the final 9 of the game ...What else 1 pt win @ Toledo who minus the flukiest win ever @ Michigan did little of anything . They didnt want a home game to the 2nd to last one ofthe year. Win by 3 @ Ohio U and the Bobcats even fumbled near the goal line when trailing by 3 points ....

CMU is a solid offense but the fact they play some of the worse defensive teams in the country and have a terrible defense meaning they get more offensive possessions scoring high 20s to low 30's is nothing special . Until the EMU game just twice topped 31 in regulation with 37 and 38 plus 33 in OT . MAC had 7 teams between 84-97 in statistical defense and worse is Sun Belt teams have to lay better teams on the road which lowers alot of their rankings .....

My point is FAU we know what they are and their early season struggles were based mostly on Rusty Smith being less then 100% healthwise , alot of turnovers , tough scheduling vs good defenses Troy , @Minny , @Texas , @ Mich State , and alot of missed opportunities thanks to alot failed 4th downs as well rather the FGs...also with Pierre getting the steady workload the ground game improved ... CMU played well and inpressed me @ Purdue but otherwise not really anywhere else. FAU opened up @ Texas and CMU opened hosting Eastern Illinois ...slightly different ??

Factor in the OC of FAU is now the head coach of Purdue and is privilged to all the info and coordinators of Purdue who played CMU three times the past 2 years is another minor edge ...

Fan support and revenue clearly favors CMU I agree.....

To me this game is better for FAU rather then the other earlier out of conference games because they dont face a good defense . FAU didnt struggle on offense in those games they struggled with MISTAKES . CMU forcing just 15 turnovers all season should mean less mistakes when you look at the amount of yards they allowed as well . All those games were FAU struggled on offense they could have done laot more damage on offense Troy , MTSU , Texas and Minny ....

DOwn the stretch FAU did what they had to covering the spreads on top of winning . Many times CMU squeaked by as FG favs or PK ems which further shows you what happened in thise games was supposed to happen. It was CMU playing to expectations in a sense ........

For me the info just says the perception of CMU is incorrect and way inflated/ overvalued while FAU is a team who executing better earlier on a tough venues would maybe have put them in the position they were expected to be in this season after making huge progress last year ...GL:cheers:

CMU -6.5 is what I have. Good points have been made for both sides. One thing I have noticed from FAU even during their winning streak down the stetch is their inability to score early which could mean death against CMu and a healthy Lefevour.

Against North Texas only I TD in first 25 mins then got 2 TDs before half..everybody puts up big #'s against NT

Against ULM -didnt score until 2:43 left in 1st half

Against the Hilltoppers didnt score 1st q got two late Tds in 1st half

Against Arkie St. 1 Td until they tied it up with 10 secs to go.

What does this mean? Slow start means FAu will have to play catchup all game long b/c I dont foresee them stopping CMU too many times..force Rusty to make a mistake. The CMU d does scare me cuz even if they have FAu in throw mode they'll still likely be successful so I'll add CMU -3.5 1st half

Good point bro. Actually something that Schnellenberger has addressed and cited as a concern vs CMU but in their recent games hasnt been an issue really . Think they had chances to early in the season and just didnt take advantage of those vs better quality teams .

that's mighty expensive ramble, especially considering you could have gotten that for about -140 or -150 a couple of weeks ago...i personally wouldn't do that but gl if you do

Over 61.5 at -212 worth it?

You would basically be "teasing" the total down with vig... Nah.. paying double for 7 points on a total this high doesn't make sense IMO..buying a total of 45 to 35, perhaps, but 68 to 61... wouldn't do it bro..

Just my opinion... GL.. good to see you around... Hope your christmas was good to you..

Dang Nut...I couldn't disagree more.

For one, I was referring more to Temple's outstanding defense, not their offense. They had one of the best defenses in the MAC this year. So regardless of whether or not DiMichelle was actually in the lineup, I'm still impressed.

And you conveniently throw out the turnovers by FAU as a factor in their game against Minnesota...that's Rusty Smith MO...he turns the ball over at the worst possible times (recall the game on national TV against Middle Tennessee St).

I don't care that FAU wentg 5-1 in their last six games against opponents with a combined record of 24-48. My point is, CMU is better than ALL of those teams in that stretch (siginificantly so on offense).

And guess what? All those turnovers that you point out in the game against Texas? Again...that's Rusty Smith's MO...the kid loves turning the ball over. LeFevour is ten times smarter with the football, IMO.

Funny you point out the NIU game...I was going to get into that last post, but had a feeling you would bring it into the mix at some point. First of all, I watched the game from start to finish...CMU DOMINATED the 1st Half, without question. The ONLY way NIU was able to get back into the game was the horrendous fog that rolled into the stadium, making it difficult to locate the ball as NIU successfully attempted TWO onside kicks to get back into the game (one of those to start the 2nd Half). CMU only had 3-4 posessions in the entire 2nd Half, and scored on two of them, if I recall correctly. If not for those FLUKE onside kick recoveries, or the unreal fog, that comeback attempt never comes close.

I couldn't disagree more about your comparison to Buffalo and FAU. For one, Buffalo has a QB who's EXTREMELY accurate and smart with the football. (What's Smith's completion %...like 50?!). Compare TD/INT ratios and try not to laugh. The Buffalo Defense also creates WAY more turnovers than FAU's. Most of those wins by Buffalo came on the road...FAU's recent win streak primarily happened at home.

Anyhow, I'm done here. I expect another Nut rant, but, it's all in the spirit of discussion. I couldn't agree more with ETG's outlook on the game.

GL to all CMU backers!

:cheers:

You would basically be "teasing" the total down with vig... Nah.. paying double for 7 points on a total this high doesn't make sense IMO..buying a total of 45 to 35, perhaps, but 68 to 61... wouldn't do it bro..

Just my opinion... GL.. good to see you around... Hope your christmas was good to you..

Bad news for CMU and Over backers....thinking of playing both...putting my 0-12 last 12 bets on the line......think both are strong though.....:cheers:

Three FAU starters, kicker are staying home
> Posted by Ted Hutton at 2:32 PM

The Voice made it official -- LB Andre Clark, OL Kevin Miller, OL Brandon Jackson, K Warley Leroy will not be making the trip to the Motor City Bowl.
They didn't get good enough grades in the first semester to stay eligible. Three are seniors -- Clark, Jackson and Leroy, so their careers end with this self-inflicted indignity.
Not the way to go out.
"It is disappointing, but it could also be a blessing in disguise," The Voice said in his usual glass-half-full perspective. "It means the team will become tighter and players will raise the level of their game to compensate."
The O-line is the biggest concern, but it isn't that bad off. With Rizzo out, you have three new players, but Vinnie Henderson has done a fine job filling in for Rizzo, and Henderson is back to 100 percent after his injury. Lavoris Williams will go in for Jackson, and Williams started six games before Paris came back, and Ryan Wishnefski will replace Miller.
So, the line is Lavoris Williams at LT, David Matlock LG, Nick Paris C, Ryan Wischnefski RG and Vinnie Henderson RT.
Chemistry is important on the line, and that will be lacking. The line also faces a pretty stout front D line of CMU, so this could be a factor in the game and will be something to watch closely. It also strips away experience on the depth chart, so fans have to hope these five stay healthy for 60 more minutes.
Ed Bradwell will replace Clark at LB, and that is also not bad. Bradwell has really impressed coaches and is a very good cover LB, and often played in the 4-2-5 in place of Clark, so I don't see too big of a problem there.
Kicker I talked about earlier. I think Ross Gornall is an upgrade over Leroy.
(Note on ineligible players: Last year FAU had to send some home since they were already in New Orleans when grades were finalized -- though there were no starters among them. And the players had to pay their own way back...)
Later....

read enough to say dont think fau's 4 players abent change anything.

cmu doesnt force turnovers the had 15 all season.

eastern illi , at georgia, at ohio u , at purdue , buffalo--what game was impressive? pre- Lefevour injury.

fau was plagued by ineffiency in the red zone early on

cmu cites fau's team speed as concern

cmu allowed 100 4th q pts

oh and this hasnt been mentioned-

Now, before fans start complaining, let me testify on behalf of Nord. He has been a great plus for FAU, and the offense (and Rusty Smith) have flourished under him. He is loyal to Howard, thinks of him as a second father, and would not be doing this if he felt it was hurting FAU.
And there is a very real plus to this. Guess who has played against Central Michigan three times in the last two seasons?
Answer: Purdue. And the Boilermakers’ record against the Chipps in those games? 3-0. (45-22 on Sept. 15 2007; 51-48 in the 2007 Motor City Bowl; 32-25 on Sept. 20 this regular season.)
Asked if he had been asking his soon-to-be-fellow coaches for advice on how they handled Central Michigan, Nord nodded his head. “I have picked all their brains,” he said, so he obviously has info for FAU defensive coordinator Kirk Hoza, as well as details on how to move the ball against them..
Not a bad tradeoff, IMHO. A lot less sleep for Nord, a lot of inside info for FAU.

cmu wasnt 7 pts better then most mac teams at home so this line is to fat for my liking:cheers:

<!-- being category labels -->

Great info bro, Thanks for the find.....:cheers:

Bad news for CMU and Over backers....thinking of playing both...putting my 0-12 last 12 bets on the line......think both are strong though.....:cheers:

agree with CMU bro.. My point was I wouldn't pay -200+ vig to move the total 7 points..

actually I just played CMU at 6.5..

Back